Not One Member Of Congress

… read the 1100+ page abomination before voting for it.

Nobody knows what’s in that bill, yet people support these clowns.

The Founders are rolling in their graves.

But… it’s been blessed by the savior…

The party has spoken.

Besides what could go wrong with an out of control congress, with no oversight, from either party or executive branch, spending a trillion dollars?

Now if they could just get those pesky Republicans off the radio they could really have some fun.

Maybe get some constitutional amendments repealed and some more “progressive” new ones added. You know like get rid of that mean old 2nd amendment and add one that says abortion is a right. If you don’t agree no stimulus money for you.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Besides what could go wrong with an out of control congress, with no oversight, from either party or executive branch, spending a trillion dollars?
[/quote]

Sounds like the storyline to a hilariously awesome sitcom.

we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked!
we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked! we’re fucked!

I need a drink.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

The Founders are rolling in their graves.[/quote]

An abomination, but YOU haven’t read it. Weird. Almost hypocritical.

This seemed to be talking point of the day on Rush and Hannity, who both felt free to critique even though obviously, they’ve never read it.

Same can be said of the Patriot act.

Let’s just face the fact that congressmen/women don’t want to do any real work/research for themselves.

[quote]hedo wrote:
The party has spoken.

Besides what could go wrong with an out of control congress, with no oversight, from either party or executive branch, spending a trillion dollars?[/quote]

Hey, I remember that that’s EXACTLY what you said about bush’s tax cuts that added two trillion of debt, or his war that added another trillion, but still going strong and could be another two trillion. Right? yeah, right.

[quote]tme wrote:
hedo wrote:
The party has spoken.

Hey, I remember that that’s EXACTLY what you said about bush’s tax cuts that added two trillion of debt, or his war that added another trillion, but still going strong and could be another two trillion. Right? yeah, right.

[/quote]

• in before “thats last years new get over it, obama is prez now its his problem, bush derangement get over it.”

this is the internet, no has to have consistent beliefs here.

Also, the whole congress not reading this entire bill before voting on it…way to overreact about a tradition thats a hundred years old.

[quote]100meters wrote:
[/quote]

Not hypocritical at all. I reject it at face value. I only need to know one thing in the bill that I wouldn’t spend a penny on it to veto it. No money spent, no one hurt.

However, to certainly place my grandchildren in debt for reasons that I don’t know seems at best reckless, irresponsible, and immoral.

On a local political board, we have a press release that our Senators (Snowe and Collins), two of the clown Republican Senators who voted for the bill. The amount of money that they secured for the state is 0.1% of the total. My Senators sold out you and your grandchildren (and everyone else’s) for a handful of peanuts.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:
Same can be said of the Patriot act.

Let’s just face the fact that congressmen/women don’t want to do any real work/research for themselves. [/quote]

x2

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
100meters wrote:

Not hypocritical at all. I reject it at face value. I only need to know one thing in the bill that I wouldn’t spend a penny on it to veto it. No money spent, no one hurt.

However, to certainly place my grandchildren in debt for reasons that I don’t know seems at best reckless, irresponsible, and immoral.

On a local political board, we have a press release that our Senators (Snowe and Collins), two of the clown Republican Senators who voted for the bill. The amount of money that they secured for the state is 0.1% of the total. My Senators sold out you and your grandchildren (and everyone else’s) for a handful of peanuts.[/quote]

You reject saving the economy and millions of jobs? Seem like an odd thing to reject. Why not reject anal fissures, or canker sores first?

Also saving jobs and the economy the OPPOSITE of reckless, irresponsible, and immoral.

Maybe you don’t get what the stimulus is designed to do? (Because you have a very strange take on it)

[quote]100meters wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
100meters wrote:

On a local political board, we have a press release that our Senators (Snowe and Collins), two of the clown Republican Senators who voted for the bill. The amount of money that they secured for the state is 0.1% of the total. My Senators sold out you and your grandchildren (and everyone else’s) for a handful of peanuts.

You reject saving the economy and millions of jobs? Seem like an odd thing to reject. Why not reject anal fissures, or canker sores first?

Also saving jobs and the economy the OPPOSITE of reckless, irresponsible, and immoral.

Maybe you don’t get what the stimulus is designed to do? (Because you have a very strange take on it)[/quote]

Please tell me how throwing billions into none income generating project stimulates the economy.

This would be a good time to leave your in way over your head.

Calm down guys.
You don’t need to argue about who has or has not read the bill.

You see kids…

Nobody has read the bill.

See that thing the minority leader is holding?

Yeah that’s not it.
That’s not the bill.
As he was talking it was being revised.

All the time up to and after the vote in the house and senate the bill is changing.

So. NOBODY has read the bill in its entirety in its final state.

So it’s ok. Breath everybody.
Let the oligarchs work and play and in the meanwhile…
you gain money and power and influence as best you can under the circumstances before you…
and when it comes time…
if the time ever comes…
YOU will be the one at the reigns of influence.
Until then…
Relax
Go eat some cheese grits or something.

[quote]John S. wrote:
100meters wrote:
SteelyD wrote:
100meters wrote:

Maybe you don’t get what the stimulus is designed to do? (Because you have a very strange take on it)

Please tell me how throwing billions into none income generating project stimulates the economy.

This would be a good time to leave your in way over your head.[/quote]

Hey cut the guy some slack. He’s from Mass. He doesn’t know any better.

mike

[quote]100meters wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

The Founders are rolling in their graves.

This seemed to be talking point of the day on Rush and Hannity, who both felt free to critique even though obviously, they’ve never read it.[/quote]

Not really Hundo, you’re missing the point. Why is it getting voted on if no one has read it? Besides the fact that it’s pork (though Dear Leader said there wasn’t a single earmark) even if you are for stimulus you should probably wait a little longer until you can read it before you vote on it.

Besides, do you really need to read the whole thing if you’re going to vote Nay? All you need to do is find something damning in the bill. But if you’re voting Yea then you DO need to read the whole thing to make sure there ISN’T anything damning in it.

mike

[quote]100meters wrote:

Maybe you don’t get what the stimulus is designed to do? (Because you have a very strange take on it)[/quote]

OK, I can safely write you off as irrelevant, now. Thanks for participating. Buh bye.

[quote]100meters wrote:
You reject saving the economy and millions of jobs? [/quote]

Did you get to read the bill? Because you’re speaking as if what’s in this will do the trick.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
100meters wrote:

OK, I can safely write you off as irrelevant, now. Thanks for participating. Buh bye.[/quote]

So SteelyD on record: against job creation/saving economy. Strange position.