Not Liking a Program?

Has anyone ever started a program that looked great on paper (rather, on T-Nation) and absolutely hated it? I don’t mean hated it like it made you puke (e.g. meltdown training), I mean hate it like not getting results and not feeling like doing it anymore.

If so, what do you typically do? I’m in the middle of an 8-week program that I just don’t feel is beneficial to me. I’d like to stop it but I don’t know if I should give it more time.

Any thoughts on this?

after 4 weeks i think you should have a reasonable idea of the results its giving you, and if they are satisfactory or not.

How far along are you? If you’ve been at at for awhile and aren’t getting anything out of it, you should do something else.

I think you should try something else anyway because your mind has already made itself. You’re not enjoying it, you’re not “getting out” what you put in and you’re tellin yourself you don’t like it.

What's a good plate with nothin on it?

EDT and GVT looked good on paper. I tried it and hated it. Sometimes it is tough to stay with a program that somebody else came up with. As good as some strength coaches are, they still don’t know you and your personality unless you train with them. I am the type of person who changes things all the time and get’s results, some need to stay with the same thing for a while to get results. There is nothing wrong with tweaking a program to keep it fresh, as long as it doesn’t go against what you are trying to accomplish.