T Nation

Not Hungry while Dieting

Hey guys,

Long story short. Just moved back to school and looking to cut some weight. I’m almost never hungry. Since I’m dieting I don’t know if I should “force” myself to eat. or just thank the fitness gods for this gift.

Your opinions?

No, be thankful. Right now I’m chewing on two gigantic pieces of sugar-free mint gum to give me SOME kind of mental clarity.

It will get harder as the diet progresses, though.

It depends on what you mean here. You should do everything you can to get in enough protein still.

Other than that, it sounds like you’re just stressed right now and this won’t last forever.

[quote]SSC wrote:
No, be thankful. Right now I’m chewing on two gigantic pieces of sugar-free mint gum to give me SOME kind of mental clarity.

It will get harder as the diet progresses, though.[/quote]

You ever had the extra dessert flavored gums? Those are god sends.

If you have been loosing weight and keeping your strength up, dont worry about it.

If you want to maintain as much muscle as possible, and you’ve got a well thought out plan, I’d stick to the #s, even if you have to make food substitutions to get it all in (ie. drinking cals, mixing prot powder into oats or cottage cheese, putting cheese on everything…)

S