T Nation

Not Hitting My Potential?

I lift 5-6 times a week always doing cardio right after my lifts. I usually do the stationary bike or stepmill for about 20 min on average. I have had great increases in muscle mass and have also lost some fat.

I was wondering that if by doing cardio I am not unleashing all my potential muscle. I have a good base of muscle…if i stop cardio will I see faster gains in mass and get much bigger?

There is lots of articles but I have been getting in great shape by doing both (strength, some mass, fat loss). All in all i just want to unleash my ultimate muscle potential.

If the answer is to stop cardio can I still take a fat burner to be effective?

If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it…If your gaining muscle at a good rate now and losing fat it seems like your doing something right.
Cardio Post workout has a lot of benefits, it gets the blood flowing around your body again, and speeds up your metabolism.

I would keep it in there, but try and do 5-10 minutes of HIIT cardio post workout instead of 20mins steady state, now that may allow you to get better results…
Also nail your Post workout nutrition it makes a huge difference…

ShadoW

can you further me on what HIIT cardio actually is or some good exercises?

[quote]Mach10 wrote:
can you further me on what HIIT cardio actually is or some good exercises?
[/quote]

try looking it up, its everywhere. shouldn’t be too hard to find an article on it.