Not Gaining Weight With Clean Bulk

hey im wondering if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong, I started at 142 pounds and after three months im only up to 147,im clean bulking and have been getting 3500 cals a day plus 200 grams of protien and Surge during and pwo.  Also cottage cheese be4 bed and im working out legs and back  just as much as everything else. I also as making sure to get enough rest. i just dont seem to know why im not gaining weight.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
hey im wondering if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong, I started at 142 pounds and after three months im only up to 147,im clean bulking and have been getting 3500 cals a day plus 200 grams of protien and Surge during and pwo. Also cottage cheese be4 bed and im working out legs and back just as much as everything else. I also as making sure to get enough rest. i just dont seem to know why im not gaining weight.[/quote]

If you’re not growing on 3500 calories a day, start eating 4000. It’s as simple as that.

Damn. Cottage cheese. That SHOULD be working. I would first rule out the following before going any further:

Conjoined twin
Alien baby
Within 10 miles of Sally Struthers
Tape Worm
Conjoined triplets

You only ate enough food to gain five lbs.

I don’t know man, it sounds like BS to me.
If you were really eating 3500 calories and 200g of protein each day, especially since you weigh under 150lbs, you should definitely be growing.

I’d take a look at what you’re eating, or better yet, post a food log and let us take a look at it to see if we can get a better idea of where you’re going wrong.

Cheers,

IL

lookit…clean pounds aren’t easy to come by and whatever you’re doing is WORKING so see the value in that. so it’s slower than you’d like…big deal. you’re doing alot better than most people. keep at it and you’ll be up ten clean pounds in six months and that’s pretty good for a small beginner. if you can keep at it for 6-8 months you’ll see some big changes happen all @ once in the fourth quarter. guys that put on 15 clean lbs in 3 months are already strong enough to support new muscle to begin with. you’re not. make sure you’re squatting and deadlifting above all things. the only thing that’s out of whack here are your expectations.

whats your lifting plan look like?
I’ve personally found out that when on a clean bulk you have to seriously up your calories to see progress comparable to a dirty bulk. Long story short, your STILL not eating enough…either up your intake or eat a cheese burger.

well my lifting plan for the past few weeks was mainly compound movements 3 times a week. I then went to a split and now im starting the ovt program by ct

You mean to tell me that switching your program 3 times in the last few weeks hasn’t “thrown your body off balance” and caused you rocket fast gains? :wink:

What has your progress been like in the time period you’ve been trying to put on weight in terms of some basic exercises that you use? ie bench variations, squats, rows/chins, whatever you use

What did yesterday look like for you food wise? amounts of food, when you ate it etc

[quote]crod266 wrote:
well my lifting plan for the past few weeks was mainly compound movements 3 times a week. I then went to a split and now im starting the ovt program by ct[/quote]

dude don’t be a retard. ovt ? are you kidding ? you should be walking, as slowly and with as much load as possible, away from anything that resembles “volume”.

what do you mean ovt is supposed to be a great program to pack on mass

2 cups milk = 300 calories

3 large oatmeal cookies = 660 calories

Eat that right before bed and that’s 1,000 extra calories without much trouble.

wooldog I have no idea why every post of yours has to do with cookies but it is really annoying.

Jesus christ, your smallness drew Prof X out of hiding.

You better start hitting up fast food or X is gonna eat you alive.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Jesus christ, your smallness drew Prof X out of hiding.

You better start hitting up fast food or X is gonna eat you alive.[/quote]

Just had the mental image of a huge black guy with a bib and fork chasing down a little white guy. funny and disturbing if you’ve seen hostel part 2.

In reference to the OP I would say that you are likely good to add in some caloricly dense food. Things like more oats and rice post training. I always vote for the monster rice bowl when looking a skinny trainees that need to get bigger.

A) easy to make rice with cheap rice cooker.

B) easy to take to training and eat right after Surge

C) most obviously white rice is the most delicious food on the face of this planet.

D) you can top it with some salmon or whatever you like for protein, very adaptable flavour.

-chris

OP: Seriously, what on earth do you think the problem might be? Go on, 10 points for this one…

Eat more.

End thread.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
what do you mean ovt is supposed to be a great program to pack on mass[/quote]

hmm… i just read the program and you’re right …i was thinking of something else and jumped the gun here. that makes me the retard. sorry.

back to the original problem : are you really eating as much as you think you’re eating ? have you kept actual numbers for a full week instead of just one or two days and multiplying by 7 ? kept your numbers for a full month ?

my 2 cents is do the ovt program and write your whole diet out for the eights weeks BEFOREhand, rather than trying to keep track of it after you eat. it’s alot easier that way. just plan your work then work your plan. finish the eight weeks of ovt and then cut your training load in half for the next 3 weeks and keep eating. you’ll probably put on five lbs during the program and another 10 lbs during the easy 3 weeks. if you sleep enough.

eat more, duh.

I seriously doubt you are eating 3,500 calories day after day though.

The other question is have you been getting stronger?

I think this should be the #1 goal when people start out and is often overlooked. Your not going to stimulate muscle growth with baby weights.