Not Gaining on Bulk Diet

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
Dre the Hatchet wrote:
I’d recommend having your whey with water PWO. This way it’ll be absorbed faster.

I’m pretty sure this is a myth.[/quote]

Casein gels up in stomach, 80% of protein in milk is casein, etc.

And I agree 100% with JF. I don’t care how much you think/are eating, if you haven’t gained weight in a long time, it’s time to eat more. Pretty basic, I’m not sure what magical advice you were looking for.

But, I suppose I should elaborate slightly…
5000kcal is a decent amount, roughly 20x BW… However, you could try adding another 500-1000kcal, from clean or not clean foods as has been mentioned above. Track weight over the next fortnight, then re-evaluate. But basically, you’re just not getting enough calories in. Do you go drinking some nights and forget to eat or something?

assuming you are weighing and measuring your food and being very diligent about hitting your caloric goals (which is highly unlikely), you may want to consider moving LESS.

even if you’re eating 5,000 calories a day, if you burn 5,000 calories through exercise/being active, the scale won’t budge.

Drink more water (2-3 liters)
Eat fruit and nuts as snacks between your meals.
Add some Olive Oil to your bedtime shake.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
Dre the Hatchet wrote:
I’d recommend having your whey with water PWO. This way it’ll be absorbed faster.

I’m pretty sure this is a myth.[/quote]

Is delayed gastric emptying from dietary protein/fats a myth?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Either you’re not calculating your overall calories correctly, or you need to eat more. Actually, either way you need to eat more.

Assuming your BF% has stayed the same[/quote]