T Nation

Not Finishing Movies, Rewatch?

Got Amazon Prime. Started watching Pain and Gain last night. Only made it 30 minutes. Any reason to retry. I walked out of Spring Breakers before James Franco showed up and now I have shorts in every color (it was a matinee and I swear some dudes were whacking it in the theater, like 8 guys there all sitting alone and far apart ). Will I regret not seeing whole thing?

I thought it was pretty cool.

If you didn’t like it after 30 minutes, save yourself some time. It doesn’t get any better.

I laughed my ass off watching Pan and Gain; but if you did not like it after 30 minutes, you probably won’t like the rest of it.

Pain and gain was horrendous.

I’ve seen better film on teeth.

mf

I’m not sure if Wahlberg is a good actor or not. Seems like the same dude in every movie. Thanks for saving me an hour better spent on racking some gainz.

[quote]comus3 wrote:
I’m not sure if Wahlberg is a good actor or not. Seems like the same dude in every movie. Thanks for saving me an hour better spent on racking some gainz. [/quote]

He’s better when he’s not trying to be funny.

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

[quote]comus3 wrote:
I’m not sure if Wahlberg is a good actor or not. Seems like the same dude in every movie. Thanks for saving me an hour better spent on racking some gainz. [/quote]

He’s better when he’s not trying to be funny.[/quote]

He’s pretty funny in the Other Guys.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]comus3 wrote:

He’s pretty funny in the Other Guys. [/quote]

I had the same problem as the OP with that one and turned it off after half an hour.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]comus3 wrote:

He’s pretty funny in the Other Guys. [/quote]

I had the same problem as the OP with that one and turned it off after half an hour.
[/quote]

Oh man, you should give it another chance. The beginning is kinda weird with The Rock and Samuel Jackson, but it picks up after that. It’s classic Will Farrell.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
It’s classic Will Farrell.
[/quote]

This may have something to do with it.

EDIT: I think he’s over-hyped!

I liked Pain and Gain, but do recognize it’s not for everyone.

That movie was a great display of the snowball effect. It starts small and just a little weird, and by the end of the movie the stupidity has gone far into overdrive.

I’d say it’s worth a watch just to see how crazy it gets. Note: the movie is supposed to be an account of stuff that actually happened from what I understand, not just “based” on actual events. So if you’re judging actors/directors on this movie you have to include that caveat to keep things fair.

I like Marky Mark, I think he does good movies. But I can also understand why some people wouldn’t, he does go a bit overboard sometimes.

The Rock gets pretty nutz in that movie, too. If you want to see Rock portraying a muscular cokehead, then watch that movie or just find him and give him coke in real life. The movie is probably a better idea, but the latter option would be much more memorable.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
[/quote]

EDIT: I think he’s over-hyped![/quote]

O_O

I dont love Michael Bay, but pain and gain was pretty funny. It was not a good movie, but it had comedy genius in some scenes.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
[/quote]

O_O[/quote]

Yeah I said it ha. He was funny in Wedding Crushers ie in small doses

I agree that the Rock steals the show in Pain sad Gain, esp when he’s barbecuing the hand!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
[/quote]

Very over-hyped.

Most people seem to love him or hate him. I think he’s hilarious.

I thought Pain & Gain had entertainment value.
I also thought Marky did a good acting job as Dirk Diggler in Boogey Nights.