Not Enough? Too Much?

Thanks for the info.

And yes, I’m not looking to be like a rail with abs, but then again I’m not looking to be like Ronnie Coleman. At 6’0", I would like to put on about 10-15lbs of lean muscle where I’m at 190-195lbs.

MensHealth Forums actually sent me this way, which is how I got here. In 10 weeks I have seen results. BUT the results aren’t good enough for me. I feel as if I could have seen better results over 10 weeks, hence why I asked questions:

Am I eating enough?
Apparently I’m not, but what food should I eat? I need fiber and good carbs, but I need examples of what these are. I’m willing to make adjustments to my diet and lift/cardio schedule, it’s why I’m asking.

Trying to lower my BF, see some abs, and shed somewhat of my weak/flabby chest (apparently this is where my fat goes) what adjustments do I need to make to my schedule? More cardio? More rest days? No cardio on lift days? More abs? And my HIIT is done on a stationary bike, so maybe I need to run the track on different days?

I’m not a complete newbie, and I have seen results. It’s just my gains weren’t what I was expecting in 10 weeks. I thought I could improve. I broke my collar-bone 6 months ago, so getting chest gains has been tough, mostly stuck at a plateau.

So thanks for the info so far, I just need a little more insight on what kinds of food to throw in my body (get rid of protein bars, check) and whether I need to separate cardio from lift days.

Thanks again so far.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
what the hell are you doing on a bodybuilding forum?
[/quote]

What are all the powerlifters doing here? What are the martial artists doing here? What about the olympic weightlifters? How about guys like Shugart? Track and field guys, like Dan John?

How about you? You’ve been training for eight years and you’re occupation says “varies” instead of “IFBB Pro”? Your not HYOOOOOGE yet?

[quote]jw154505 wrote:
Thanks for the info.

And yes, I’m not looking to be like a rail with abs, but then again I’m not looking to be like Ronnie Coleman. At 6’0", I would like to put on about 10-15lbs of lean muscle where I’m at 190-195lbs.

MensHealth Forums actually sent me this way, which is how I got here. In 10 weeks I have seen results. BUT the results aren’t good enough for me. I feel as if I could have seen better results over 10 weeks, hence why I asked questions:

Am I eating enough?
Apparently I’m not, but what food should I eat? I need fiber and good carbs, but I need examples of what these are. I’m willing to make adjustments to my diet and lift/cardio schedule, it’s why I’m asking.

Trying to lower my BF, see some abs, and shed somewhat of my weak/flabby chest (apparently this is where my fat goes) what adjustments do I need to make to my schedule? More cardio? More rest days? No cardio on lift days? More abs? And my HIIT is done on a stationary bike, so maybe I need to run the track on different days?

I’m not a complete newbie, and I have seen results. It’s just my gains weren’t what I was expecting in 10 weeks. I thought I could improve. I broke my collar-bone 6 months ago, so getting chest gains has been tough, mostly stuck at a plateau.

So thanks for the info so far, I just need a little more insight on what kinds of food to throw in my body (get rid of protein bars, check) and whether I need to separate cardio from lift days.

Thanks again so far.[/quote]

You need to focus your diet around real food, not supplements.

You never said what kind of gains you actually made, so nobody can tell you whether or not they are reasonable. If I had to guess, though, I’d say you didn’t gain much weight and your lifts didn’t increase by much. Right or wrong?

Have you calculated how many calories you ate in that sample day? I didn’t, but it doesn’t look like much to me.

You need more total calories.

You need more fat (of all kinds except trans fat).

You need vegetables and/or fruit at most of your meals.

You probably could use a good multivitamin if you don’t have one already (and I don’t mean a Centrum Silver). This will be especially true until you include more fruits and veggies in a wide variety into your diet.

You need to ditch the protein bars except in very rare emergencies (I know, you already agreed on this).

You need to work in more leg and back work and worry less about your upper body.

Since you are bulking I would cut down on the cardio and not stick it on your lifting days. A little cardio on off days is ok, but your focus should be on gaining weight (and that means accepting a little fat too, just don’t let it get out of hand).

You have to pick a lifting routine that you like and that includes exercises you can perform with your equipment. There are lots of good programs on this site to choose from. Anything that seems to focus on size gain will do.

I’m shocked to see how many people are attacking this dude and JayPierce. There is absolutely no reason why being 195ish at 6ft. should be considered “too thin” for a bodybuilding website. The same concepts and methods apply no matter what the final goal might be.

A solid diet and lifting program will deliver results ANYONE will be happy with, regardless of their initial goals.

As far as advice…ignore the people telling you to go elsewhere and read the post above mine (by Moon Knight) and do some research on your own and experiment with the best ways to go about making those corrections.

Pick a program by one of the main authors on this site like Thibs, Dan john, Poliquin etc that has been laid out all for you.

Follow it faithfully, do it for a month deload and pick another.-You’ll rapidly find out what your body best responds to, and how much/little training you need.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
what the hell are you doing on a bodybuilding forum?

What are all the powerlifters doing here? What are the martial artists doing here? What about the olympic weightlifters? How about guys like Shugart? Track and field guys, like Dan John?

How about you? You’ve been training for eight years and you’re occupation says “varies” instead of “IFBB Pro”? Your not HYOOOOOGE yet?
[/quote]

There is a Strength Sports subforum, a Combat Sports subforum… Those people usually stay there.

This, however, is the bodybuilding subforum.

Bodybuilding does not equate looking like a fitness model.

The op should be posting in “Beginners”.

And no, none of you have to worry about ever looking like Ronnie.
I can guarantee you that if you try to naturally become the biggest you can be, then you will not end up “too big”.

#edit: And Shugart has his own blog and v-diet subforum.

Wait… this is the bodybuilding sub-forum? You need to look again at the top of the page. It’s in HYOOOOOGE letters, and it say BEGINNERS.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Wait… this is the bodybuilding sub-forum? You need to look again at the top of the page. It’s in HYOOOOOGE letters, and it say BEGINNERS.[/quote]

oops, you got me :wink:
I was posting in BB before and just checked out other threads at the same time without realizing…

In that case, I admit defeat.