T Nation

Not Enough Time For Breakfast

[quote]Phill wrote:
well I think a big mistakle ppl make is identifying certain foods with certain times of day just becuase its breakfast doesnt mean it needs to be so called breafast foods just get good foods. Hell crack a few cans of tune, a peice of fruit and nuts. Just eat. Its just another meal a feeding.

You can have so called breakfast foods at night.

Phill[/quote]

Damn right.

Just get things that don’t require refrigeration.

Nuts like Almonds
Energy Bars / Wholesome breakfast bars
Trail Mix
Fruits - Apples, Bananas, etc.

Just get a box of things like that and you’re good to go.

Don’t forget to drink plenty of water :wink:

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
You should have two breakfasts. [/quote]

Any more of that smart talk and we’ll break YOU fast. Sheeeit. :smiley:

[quote]hawklet06 wrote:
I was reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs, and then looked at some of the specific nutrional programs and it seems as all of them revolve around eating breakfast lunch and dinner.

Due to my schedule with school and such, I usually do not have time to eat breakfast. So I was wondering if there was anything that would be a good substitute. I have time for a snakc or something, just not enough time to actually eat normal breakfast foods.[/quote]

Hey dude i deff used to have the same problem, um im still a noob but i’ll tell you what i do.

1 spoonful penutbutter, then a glass of o.j to wash it down, pretty quick only takes a minute.

2 scoops chocolate whey in chocolate milk , i take it with me and drink it during class, those 20oz shaker mug things are pretty useful, get em at gnc for like under $5.

[quote]chris.gabba wrote:
1 spoonful penutbutter, then a glass of o.j to wash it down, pretty quick only takes a minute.
[/quote]

The kind of peanutbutter that people should be eating needs refrigeration after opening.

Everything here is cool, but if you absolutely have no time to make breakfast(improbable), you can chug a good amount of milk. Good carbs/protein.

Peanut butter sandwiches? I used to eat these for breakfast all the time. Add a bananna and some “calorie countdown” milk or a protein shake. For that matter the chocolate calorie-countdown is a P+F meal all on it’s own (seriously though add some egg whites to it)

[quote]Tors wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
You should have two breakfasts.

Any more of that smart talk and we’ll break YOU fast. Sheeeit. :D[/quote]

If he buys a Fruit fucker he can make breakfast in no time.

A little off topic, but does anyone have any ideas as to quick low carb breakfast options??

Bullshit.

One big can of chicken or tuna (~300 cals, almost all from protein), two servings of natural apple sauce or plain yogurt and a big handful of walnuts or almonds.

Tastes pretty shitty, but whatever, it’s a good start to the day. Makes about 1000 calories of quality food.

Takes me <15 minutes to eat and I can eat most of it on the way to class if I’m really running late.

As others have mentioned, you don’t need to have breakfast food at breakfast time. Leftover meat or anything like that works as well. My favorite is simply canned chicken or tuna. Pretty much no taste, so you can eat it easily and wash it down with water. Throw in some bread and you have a decent start to the day. Also, you can make a high-calorie protein shake with milk, protein powder and a serving or two of olive oil thrown in there and shook up.

Be creative!

I know most dorms let you have a microwave or mini-fridge. You can cook both instant and old fashioned oatmeal in the mirowave. That takes 2 minutes to prep max.

As a few people have suggested a couple scoops of protein is good.

Fruit, jerky, etc…Be creative!