T Nation

Not Enough Time For Breakfast

I was reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs, and then looked at some of the specific nutrional programs and it seems as all of them revolve around eating breakfast lunch and dinner.

Due to my schedule with school and such, I usually do not have time to eat breakfast. So I was wondering if there was anything that would be a good substitute. I have time for a snakc or something, just not enough time to actually eat normal breakfast foods.

20oz milk
1 scoop whey
1 packet instant breakfast

mix and enjoy. not much, but its better than nothing. If you plan on taking a Multi (like I do), its always wise to throw in a couple tablespoons of Olive Oil (to help with vitamin absorbtion). When I'm really pressed for time, this helps me out big time.

Good luck,
             Iron Life

Waking earlier? Or a liquid meal, like protein shake+oatmeal+bananas+berries?

Get up 5 minutes earlier, eat breakfast. Problem solved. Was that hard?

great advice on the waking earlier. Add to that make breakfast the night before and grub bit down in the limited time you have.

Phill

I just keep whole wheat wraps, sliced meats and cheeses in the fridge. It only take a few seconds to roll it up you can eat it on the run.

Lots of good tips here. You can't skip breakfast. Lately I've been using the following:

2 Scoops Whey Protein
1 Cup 100% Rolled Oats Oatmeal
1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
1 tsp cinnamon
20 oz Water

Mix it in the blender, drink it while getting dressed or put it in a shaker bottle and drink it on the way to class.

Not a freaking excuse. Get up earlier. Take a shorter shower. Whatever, just get it done. It's not rocket science.

Emergency breakfast =

2 scoops whey in 16oz whole milk
2 pieces of real wheat toast
1 glass of orange juice

700 calories give or take.

Broil 5 eggs the night before, store in the fridge over night, morning just heat in the microwave. You can stuff it down real quick, or while in the car.

And a tip for getting up earlier: Go to bed earlier! I know it is hard to do in college, but don't waste your night hours chatting on IM, surfing the net, or just "hanging out". Use it for something productive and sleep!

Yep and a blender or food processor can be your best friend. Throw whatever you would eat in there with enough water to make it quickly scoopable or even drinkable. You can ingest 1000 quality calories like that in a minute or 2... not that I would.

Thanks for your replies. I realize the importance of getting up early and I do, but the cafeteria is closed when I wake up and by the time I can get there after classes, it is lunch time. Unfortunately I don't have access to a kitchen, so aside from shakes, is there anything that would help, but wouldn't invovle cooking?

When I'm in a hurry in the morning, I have 2 slices of toast with peanut butter, and a glass of water with 2 scoops of protein powder. Takes 5 minutes and comes out to nearly 800 calories.

How about Metabolic Drive Protein Bars. Not the best breakfast, but far better than none at all.

yeah cmon lazyass will it really be so painful to wake up 10-15 minutes earlier?

buy a box of protein bars and keep them in your dorm.

...food...without cooking... that's like asking if you can make fire but you only have wood but no matches...im sure you can think of ways cmon. Go to like a nearby fast-food place if you need to, it will be better than no breakfast.

1 cup cheerios
2 cups milk
2-3 scoops whey
2-4 tbs peanut butter

well I think a big mistakle ppl make is identifying certain foods with certain times of day just becuase its breakfast doesnt mean it needs to be so called breafast foods just get good foods. Hell crack a few cans of tune, a peice of fruit and nuts. Just eat. Its just another meal a feeding.

You can have so called breakfast foods at night.

Phill

You should have two breakfasts.