Not Enough Carbs?

I’m trying to bulk up to about 230, I’m currently at 205…

my diet , I just realized, is about 50% protein, 25% carbs, 25% protein…yesterday I had about 4200 cals (I’m aiming higher than that) and my total carb intake was 240 total grams, 90-100 of which were from milk.

I don’t have the time to cook pasta, rice, etc, and I don’t really think I’d like eating a ton of it anyway.

Would Isomass Xtreme Gainer be a good source of complex carbs for me, or is there another way I can get these carbs in? I know some gain off of 200-250, but for me it’s just not enough, especially when I’m working out once, sometimes twice per day.

you don’t have time to cook pasta or rice? do you have time to take a shit?

You have time for that which you value.

Surely you have time to boil some pasta for 10-15 minutes at some point during the week. My advice is to try cooking large quantities so you have enough for a few days. Put portions in sealable containers and they last a few days in the fridge. If you are struggling to bulk and wont get your carbs from other sources then I think the weight gainer would be a good idea. Also what about wholemeal or rye bread. That way you dont have to worry about time constraints to cook.

Cook a huge batch of rice one day out the week. Boil some potatoes and mash them(by themselves). add oats milk, protein to a blender fast cheap HEALTHIER meal replacement.

[quote]Ironwarrior25 wrote:
Surely you have time to boil some pasta for 10-15 minutes at some point during the week. My advice is to try cooking large quantities so you have enough for a few days. Put portions in sealable containers and they last a few days in the fridge. If you are struggling to bulk and wont get your carbs from other sources then I think the weight gainer would be a good idea. Also what about wholemeal or rye bread. That way you dont have to worry about time constraints to cook.[/quote]

X2 on the bread. If you’re trying to bulk, wheat bread isn’t so bad a carb source.

Neither are PBJ sandwiches (although those do take some time to make…).

bread, oats, potatoes. Go.

You’re macros look a bit off, at the end of the day how much P/C/F are you taking in?

I’d suggest at least 2g CHO/lb. of bodyweight and 1g/lb of protein.

Oats are quick and easy, steel-cut are the best – they’ve got fiber and all that good shit. Get your carbs and get huge!