Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

1 squat
2 x 3 @ 160 kg

2 bench press paused
3 x 10 @ 82,5 kg

3a seated box jumps
5 x 3

3b band leg curls
4 x 15

3c lat pull down
3 x 12

4 rope curls
3 x pump

5 Likes

I was catching up on logs and saw the HSPU post in @Cyrrex ’s log and my first instinct was to tag you.

You beat me to it :joy:

1 Like

Anyways, happy new year and all the best!

The road to 300 continues

1 Like

You’ll need a lot of endurance if you keep up that slogan, haha.

1 Like

I ran XC, I’ll be fine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So my body is in complete rebellion this evening. Antigen test negative, PCR will be done tomorrow. I can’t seem to catch a fucking break to save my life this training cycle… SO CLOSE to the finish line once again. I still hope I have just eaten something bad but this isn’t looking good.

3 Likes

If you’re having digestive symptoms, very big chance it’s not COVID

Regardless, I hope you feel better !!

1 Like

Thanks Anna.

Joint pain, fatigue, maybe fever without the shivers (no thermostat), digestive issues. No throat ache or cold like symptoms.

I’m just trying to be as proactive as I can and make sure I minimize the risk of infection/ quarantine for those who are close to me.
So fingers crossed for the PCR test tomorrow.

5 Likes

I wish you a speedy recuperation!

Thanks!

Fever is still the main symptom (with the accompanying joint pain and fatigue). PCR is done.

Drastic measures are needed for nutrition since I have trouble eating. Ice cream blended with whey is gonna be the name of the game.

Fever is gone today. I’ll still wait a few days before I return to training.

2 Likes

I was a guest in a podcast today.

I’ve become an influencer, haven’t I?

It was just our gym’s podcast to announce that I’m going to give classes on strongman starting February.

5 Likes

That’s awesome, have you ever taught classes before?

1 Like

Yep, I used to a few years back, working in different gyms. Nothing strength specific though. I’m curious to see if people show up.

These times make things weird, but hopefully things blow over and plenty of people attend. I don’t see why they wouldn’t otherwise!

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It’s a pretty small class either way. So it isn’t affected by current or expected covid measures.

1 Like

The premise for this workout was: See how the warm ups feel and then decide if I want to pick up where I left things (heavy deadlift top set) or redo the entire week (very light deadlifts). It was seriously hard to judge because the light warm ups felt incredible! The heavier ones not so much. 220 felt decent but kind of heavy. At that point I wasn’t going to go back down to 180. So I went with the top set and failed (should have been a double). Probably nothing to lose sleep over.
1 deadlift
2 x some @ 60 kg
5 @ 100 kg
3-5(?) @ 140 kg
2 @ 180 kg
1 @ 200 kg
2 @ 220 kg

1 @ 232,5 kg
1 @ 232,5 kg

Both were not bad but very very heavy. My hamstrings are shaky rn.

2 power jerks
4 x 3 @ 105 kg

3 rows
3 x 10 @ 75 kg

Skipped cyclist squats. Because of reasons

Some lateral raises.

Notes:

• stress level is crazy right now and some other stuff going on that amplifies that experience. Not an excuse though. I wanted to lift heavy, it’s fine. Kinda.

I worked out with the FFP 2 mask because there was an uncomfortably big class going on and I recently started to work in inner medicine - specifically oncology rn. Most of my patients are in reverse isolation (normal isolation - patient has an infect, we protect ourselves; reverse - immune system is fubar, we need to protect patient from outside world). So I’m feeling the corona pressure a bit more than I did even before.
It’s honestly no big deal either way, especially without a conditioning portion and people who whine about masks are pussies. Wait was this flame free?

7 Likes

Just realized in the above video, set 1 one was shown twice.

Here’s the actual second single at 232,5 kg I did:

3 Likes

There’s the Hip Drive under maximal weights! Excellent work!

1 Like

Thanks mate! Boy I was/ am feeling my hamstrings after!

1 Like