T Nation

Not done yet. (Strongman Koestrizer)

There is nothing worse than being half ill.

You’re not sick enough to call of training. So you go.
You’re nowhere near 100%. All your lifts are well down. So you feel bad.

1 Like

@Koestrizer

Have a happy cake day!

3 Likes

Ha, would you look at that! 7 years since creating this account, which means about 8 years on tnation. Crazy to think about.

5 Likes

Happy cake day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Things are slowly improving. I go on one walk a day, am drenched in sweat from it and really exhausted like I’ve just completed a hard workout. I hate being weak.
Anyway, doc pulled me out of work until Thursday. So still time to get better. Hopefully I won’t have lost too much strength! The plan is to repeat the week and continue as planned.
Back is starting to get a bit stiff from the lack of movement.

2 Likes

I did 10 reps jefferson curls, 10 front squats, 10 btn presses (all empty barbell) and 15 push ups. My body is aching a bit from the lack of movement besides the one walk a day.

1 Like

Also made burgers for the flat.

5 Likes

Want.

1 Like

Lift your curse and I shall make a batch!

So improvements have stalled and maybe even reversed a little bit. I’ll probably have to take the whole week and weekend off.
Also I’m noticing a shift into a worse mental state right now. So sorry for not checking the usual logs and topics currently. I just don’t feel like it.

Edit: Doc helper called, they found a certain bacterium and I now have to go on antibiotics. For 10 days. FML this deadlift cycle is crumbling away.

4 Likes

My sympathies

2 Likes

Another way to look at it: they FOUND the bacterium, so luckily you can just take some antibiotics to clear that right up!

6 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re going through a rough time. You’ll make it out!!!

1 Like

@Voxel thanks.

@Cyrrex true. I’m not mad about the bacteria, antibiotics or even that much about being sick. I’m mostly mad that I will have to admit at some point that my hard deadlift work will not result in the peak it should have. Also I planned a surprise party for my sister’s 30th that I’m not going to be able to attend.

@anna_5588 thanks. Haha, sure I will. I’m just pissed off and I’m not 100% on what it is exactly but something is pushing me in a darker direction, so that I’m currently dealing with anxiety and stuff. All under control though.

I’m very aware that this whole ordeal is a minor hick up but it still kind of really sucks.

4 Likes

It’s perfectly alright to be upset

2 Likes

Antibiotics are working well. Feeling a lot better already. Just some sniffles and an occasional cough left. I will sit out the weekend and then resume training next week.
I will still be on antibiotics by then but from what I know about those, that’s okay.

Edit: Did this complex with the empty bar
20 jefferson curls
20 hang snatch high pull
20 btn press
50 dimmel deadlift
20 front squats
20 push ups

4 Likes

First day of waking up without symptoms. Voice is back to normal. Just some sniffles left.

Empty bar complex
20 jefferson curls
20 hang clean high pulls
40 bradford presses
30 back squats
50 dimmel deadlifts
25 push ups
50 reverse curls
50 btn tricep extensions

Actually some few rest pauses (on dimmels, curls and extensions). Feeling unfit but healthier

Edit: The arm pump was pretty vicious and I was huffing and puffing.

5 Likes

Sounds like you are on the mend big fella. Good to hear.

1 Like

Empty bar complex
25 back squats
25 front sqauts
25 hang snatch high pulls
25 hang clean high pulls
25 btn press
25 ohp
25 sit ups
25 crunches

Quick 200 reps. Didn’t go for a walk today though. VERY sedentary day.

1 Like