Per aspera ad astra (strongman Koestrizer)

Also bit of a weird story with one funny element tonight:
I was leaving a crowded public space when a guy came yelling in my face that there was a fight going on and “women were getting beaten up” and we had to help. He approached several men to rally them up in order to break up the group fighting.
I went there, accompanied by no one (not even the guy who recruited me for fucks sake, haha). Saw the people fighting and didn’t really know what to do because I didn’t understand the dynamics. But ultimately the guy was right, there were women involved in the fight and one was getting a beating. The fighting parties seemed much younger than me.
I grabbed one of the men from behind on his leather jacket and threw him a good 1.5-2 m (that’s the funny bit. Looked like a Bud Spencer movie, I was told). I then picked one girl up and threw her over my shoulder. Carried her a bit away from the fight and set her down. I was going to return to see if I could do more but that interference alone brought them apart a bit and the cops came running that second. I raised my arms to signal I was no harm and luckily they registered it that way so I could go my ways.

I don’t know if it was the adrenaline helping but people seem very light and manageable after wrestling that damn sandbag! :smile:

9 Likes

just saying

2 Likes

Next time I want to break up fighting idiots, I’m just gonna press one of them overhead as a power move, haha.

5 Likes

I have images of you just tossing people a couple of meter away with just a a push of the hand, like in super hero movies lol

I mean, you’re a strongman. Pun intented. I remember the only time I got in a fight, last summer I think? I was very drunk and these youths came to aggress my sister and her friends, and I remember pushing one away with one hand and he felt so light, like straw. So I can only imagine what strength you have!

Are you aware we’re in 2021 though lol? You should build confidence man, you should be confident! You lost a significant amount of weight, and you’re both more muscular and stronger (and with better cardio)

2 Likes

I try to avoid violence as best as I can and would always turn the other cheek in question. If for no other reason, than because you can’t really predict what’s going to happen. One moment you’re in a bar fight about some silly non sense, you take a swing at someone he cracks his skull on the edge of the bar as he goes down and now he has to sit in a wheel chair and has to be fed by nurses. Was it really that important to chose violence?

With my build it’s actually very rare that I get in fights. It’s been pretty deescalating when a friend would get into trouble and I showed up to side with him. Made some people reconsider. Which is stupid because I’m not a fighter or anything. But I’m ususally not the number one pick for some looking to get into a fight.

Apart from some pushing and what not here and there I’ve only ever seriously inflicted violence upon someone once. Even though it was absolutely justified, I felt crap about it because I lost control and beat the guy up beyond what would have otherwise been self defence. Violence will always stir violence. That evening started a whole spiral between my group of friends and that group. Including someone beinging a knife with the intention of stabbing me and ultimately resulting in 3 people kicking one of my best friends on the ground. That one went before a court and those idiots were sentenced.

Haha yeah that was a atupid mistake.

4 Likes

I didn’t play a good match but it was enough. Won 7:5 and 6:1. This was my first and last match this year and for the foreseeable future the last match for my home town team. I just don’t have the time and am barely at home as it is.

That’s EPIC!!! Glad everyone was okay.

Yess! and don’t forget to let out a primal yell before tossing him like a dwarf :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Nooooooo, gotta set him down really gentle just in case…

But really just because it’s even more of a power move :wink:

1 Like

Also this is the exact reason I got a sandbag, but I’ve failed to utilise it in training, which is stupid it’s such an amazing tool… It just sucks so hard.

1 Like

Not sure on that. I was, haha. Some people got arrested, not sure about injuries but I didn’t see anything that I would deem serious.

I think the guy was really surprised about his sudden ability to fly (I was grabbing him from behind and he didn’t see me coming).

I had to sit a minute and think to understand that you meant setting him down gently was the power move and not cracking skulls open. First reaction was “dafuq Alex?!” Hahaha.

Oh yeah I I think as a fire fighter this is as good of a training tool as you’re going to get! In that case I’d actually advice to keep it loosely packed to mimic an unconscious person. Carrying people is easy as long as they’re awake. Incredibly hard if they’re all limb

Nothing quite like it tbh. There’s a lot of things in strongman that are unpleasent. Bu wet and loose sandbags are at the top of my list

@Koestrizer first time checking your log in many months and its EPIC.
Being visibly big and strong enough to discourage violence is, I think, a great goal on its own. I aspire to that but it’s a long way off.
What’s your weight/height?

1 Like

@jdm135 thanks a lot man! That’s really nice to say

I am personally pretty split on that but that’s maybe because I got a bit of the old body image issues going on, especially lately.

1,90 m/ 6’3" and currently around 120 kg although I am not completely sure. Heaviest was 127-128 kg but I’m not going back there.

1 Like

1 oh squat
4 x 6 @ 60 kg

2 wsm squat (beltless)
4 x 5 @ 130 kg

This seemed overly light. Went a little deeper with the boxes than last time. I still don’t trust the videos but I had three guys assure me that this was absolutely at least parallel. I think I’ll keep it this way.

3 push press (beltless)
3 x 8 @ 80 kg

Catch the bounce - touch and go. Was bothering my iffy hip flexor a bit.

4a incline db row
3 x 10 @ 32,5 kg

30s were taken.

4b hollow rocks
4 x 15

5 concept 2 rower
9 x 200m with 20 sec rest

3 Likes

After my hip flexor complained a little more yesterday, I had another massage today. Felt great.

1 deadlift (beltless, wl bar)
3 x 5 @ 157,5 kg

2 clean + press (clean each rep)
5 x 3 @ 87,5 kg

Strict/ strictish presses. Actually prett, decent for beltless.

3 seated box jumps
5 x 3

4 bench press
4 @ 112,5 kg
5 @ 112,5 kg
2 x 4 @ 112,5 kg

5 pull ups
2 x 6 - PR at this weight
1 x 5

Notes:

• somehow my lower back recovery is lacking a little. Not sure why as it isn’t that taxed. Or at least shouldn’t be. Maybe it’s time to break out the belt more, even though the weights are light?
  • deadlifts feel like they’re in a bit of a rut lately (feel too heavy for such light weights). Not sure why. Probably just temporary and I’m sure I’ll adjust again
  • had Ben explain how to bench to me. He made a lot of sense and I have a lot to do if I want to be efficient. For now it was actually harder because it’s so different from my usual style. He benches 185 in comp (-93 kg class). Probably worth a listen
2 Likes

Strongman by day. Superhero by Night.

2 Likes

All I need now is a catchy name and a cape!

Since it’s you and me now, I confess I may have tried to impress the pretty blonde lady a tad. I thought tossing people might be a good start.

1 Like

I am going to leave this for @Cyrrex and @dagill2 lol

2 Likes

What did I say in island language?

Tossing someone has another meaning :joy:

1 Like