Not Another Trayvon Martin Thread

Might as well continue this…

Edit:

How’s that DN?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
"The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves .

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Irelandâ??s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britainâ??s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers."

*Emphasis mine.

[/quote]

Oh wow. Really?

A third thread? What for? To talk about Trayvon Martin’s trial or about the enslavement of Irish people?

Some of you are the ones who start shit in this place. But you can’t stand when the others speak up.
Please Prof X, restrain yourself for posting in the potential cluster fuck this thread will turn into.

DN OUT.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
"The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves .

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland�¢??s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain�¢??s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers."

*Emphasis mine.

[/quote][/quote]

very interesting. maybe I can get forty acres and a mule.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Oh wow. Really?

A third thread? What for? To talk about Trayvon Martin’s trial or about the enslavement of Irish people?

Notice how you have totally ignored my reply to you in the other thread. Maybe that would have been a good start for debating on how stop violence etc…

Some of you are the ones who start shit in this place. But you can’t stand when the others speak up.
Please Prof X, restrain yourself for posting in the potential cluster fuck this thread will turn into.

DN OUT.[/quote]

What response are you talking about. Quote it and I’ll respond.

Edit:

The conversation had obviously evolved. If you follow the old thread to here you will see folks were discussing slavery. The Irish (being one of them) were also enslaved. Like most people in history.

I would just like to point out how absurd it is that racist printers still exist in 2013.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

How’s that DN?[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!

Fucking awesome!

The post I mentioned was about our convo on Baltimore murders.

But don’t bother anyway. I’m done with this shit.

DN OUT.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

How’s that DN?[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!

Fucking awesome!

DN OUT. [/quote]

really? another?

is that your body??? your body is dope.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

How’s that DN?[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!

Fucking awesome!

DN OUT. [/quote]

I’m pretty sure I responded to that one.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

How many white people died this month in Baltimore? How many died since Trayvon Martin? Do you fucking care about it too? What the fuck are you doing about it?
[/quote]

From what I could tell, one. Yes I care. Like I said in the other reply I do try to help, but it’s like having one arm tied behind my back.

I would actively try and change a culture that allows that to happen. Deflection from what real issue? That a semi white guy killed a black kid in self defense. I’m not going to argue about that with you.

Also how am I whinning?

Trayvons parents have every right to be furious. It’s their child. I don’t expect them to be logical about this at all. It’s everyone else flipping out. They need a reality check. Like, 100+ people have been killed in Baltimore this year. Most of them black and no one says a word. Not the President, not Congress, not the Ravens, etc…All of whihc openned their mouths about this case.

He should be in jail, the point is, no one said a fucking word when it happened. His neighbors didn’t freak out, the Baltimore Sun ran the story probably on page 15. To me this is MUCH worse. That little girl couldn’t defend herself, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman trying to hurt him. Which is front page news and why?

That’s cute. I guess you know me better than I know myself.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland�¢??s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain�¢??s solution was to auction them off as well.

*Emphasis mine.

[/quote][/quote]
Why can’t the Irish just forget about their past and move on? Why continue to publish books on the subject? That was all a few hundred years ago. When was the last time an Englishman oppressed, controlled or discriminated against an Irishman?

^ I thought I did.

Again, the point I am trying to make is this, “Business as Usual,” attitude is a bad one. People being killed is a bad thing. We may disagree on whether Zimmerman is guilt of murder or not, but we do not disagree that Trayvon’s death is unneccessary and tragic. No kid deserves to die whether he’s a straight A honor student that happens to be black or a white 16 year old drug dealer.

The hypocrisy is what gets me. Almost every day someone dies in Baltimore, but no one protests. A guy was stabbed to death on Sunday and the only place I saw it was the Baltimore Sun. Baltimore’s murder # is over 100 this year and it’s July.

We need to stop looking at these issues based on race and look at the problem itself. People killing other people.

zecarlo wrote:
Prostitution is not illegal everywhere so where it is legal, and regulated, would we consider those prostitutes, slaves?

Professor X wrote:
It sounds like a sound bite they heard off a talk radio station.

Last I checked, being a ho didn’t keep you from voting…or buying your own property…or doing anything else you wanted to do.

audiogarden1 wrote:
If you’re an illegal immigrant forced into sex slavery/prostitution, (which many of them are) then it most certainly can.

If you’re illegal you can’t do many of those things regardless.

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland�?�¢??s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain�?�¢??s solution was to auction them off as well.

*Emphasis mine.

[/quote][/quote]
Why can’t the Irish just forget about their past and move on? Why continue to publish books on the subject? That was all a few hundred years ago. When was the last time an Englishman oppressed, controlled or discriminated against an Irishman? [/quote]

I think that’s where Jamison comes in :wink:

I stand correct in the people of Charm City are finally starting to raise their collective voice. This is a good thing!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/north-baltimore/bs-md-rodricks-0725-20130724,0,5871260.column

[quote]anothrjrzmike wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Edit:

How’s that DN?[/quote]

Hahahahaha!!!

Fucking awesome!

DN OUT. [/quote]

really? another?

is that your body??? your body is dope. [/quote]

Also for context:

From 2003-2011 about 2,300 people have been murdered in Baltimore City.
During the same time frame a little over 4,400 of our troops died in the war in Iraq.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Also for context:

During the same time frame a little over 4,400 of our troops died in the war in Iraq. [/quote]
What context? That maybe we should be using the resources we send overseas to combat domestic problems?

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Also for context:

During the same time frame a little over 4,400 of our troops died in the war in Iraq. [/quote]
What context? That maybe we should be using the resources we send overseas to combat domestic problems? [/quote]

Crap…we agree on something.

/apocalipse now

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Also for context:

What context? That maybe we should be using the resources we send overseas to combat domestic problems? [/quote]

No, that in one major U.S. city the murder rate = 50% of troop deaths in an active combat zone.

I think that’s pretty absurd, don’t you?