Not a Huge Appetite, Lifted Anyway

[quote]The1andOnly wrote:
Kerley wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
I have a really bad appetite in the morning but I go to the gym anyway and train not long afterwards still trudge along and made some good gains.

I don’t understand people like you. I remember eating when I did not feel hungry. I remember eating when I was still a little full from 3 hours previous. All of that was so I could give my body what it needed to keep making progress.

Is this the new trend in “hardcore lifting”? Stop eating because your tummy feels funny? Stop making progress because you had to burp 5 times today?

Excuse me…It is almost 4:30 and that means it is time for another protein shake…whether I “feel like it” or not.

Yes and your point?

OH NO HE DIDNT!

:stuck_out_tongue: People like him annoy me it obviously has nothing to do with the original topic. But insists on causing conflict, and trying to get one better on everyone. Sure he’s a nice bloke but I’m going to stick my neck out and say probably got bullied as a child. [/quote]

Is it possible maybe this guy is some big ass mofo who knows what he’s talking about? I just strongly agree with him. Stick to the facts, you need energy to lift the weights.

[quote]jared.ray wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
Kerley wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
I have a really bad appetite in the morning but I go to the gym anyway and train not long afterwards still trudge along and made some good gains.

I don’t understand people like you. I remember eating when I did not feel hungry. I remember eating when I was still a little full from 3 hours previous. All of that was so I could give my body what it needed to keep making progress.

Is this the new trend in “hardcore lifting”? Stop eating because your tummy feels funny? Stop making progress because you had to burp 5 times today?

Excuse me…It is almost 4:30 and that means it is time for another protein shake…whether I “feel like it” or not.

Yes and your point?

OH NO HE DIDNT!

:stuck_out_tongue: People like him annoy me it obviously has nothing to do with the original topic. But insists on causing conflict, and trying to get one better on everyone. Sure he’s a nice bloke but I’m going to stick my neck out and say probably got bullied as a child.

Is it possible maybe this guy is some big ass mofo who knows what he’s talking about? I just strongly agree with him. Stick to the facts, you need energy to lift the weights.

[/quote]

You stick to the facts where did I say I lacked energy?

This topic wasn’t started for you. I’m not even talking about you. He obviously is lacking food.

[quote]jared.ray wrote:
This topic wasn’t started for you. I’m not even talking about you. He obviously is lacking food.[/quote]

Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:

Yes and your point?
[/quote]

You actually missed the point?

Wow. That’s not good.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:

Yes and your point?

Wow. That’s not good.[/quote]

No part down to yourself? And your trying to mock me. I’m sorry to tell you but you reek of inadequacy. I wouldn’t mind having an intelligent conversation but obviously your not capable.

Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The1andOnly wrote:

Yes and your point?

Wow. That’s not good.

No part down to yourself? And your trying to mock me. I’m sorry to tell you but you reek of inadequacy. I wouldn’t mind having an intelligent conversation but obviously your not capable.
[/quote]

I wasn’t mocking you. You have no appetite in the morning…and judging by your post, you go lift anyway without eating. If you do eat, then you didn’t make yourself clear. if you don’t eat, then I don’t understand you. I eat whether I have an appetite or not…because I know that is what my body needs to grow right and recover. You, judging by your post, think quite differently.

No one has to mock you.

Wouldn’t it be assumed that I ate.

Wouldn’t it be assumed that I ate. [/quote]

Why would it be assumed when you didn’t write that or imply it? You wrote you have little appetite in the morning but go lift anyway. If you do eat before you lift, then you didn’t make that clear…and that makes me wonder what you were getting at as far as appetite.

This is a body building forum. I apologise that I didn’t make it clear.

This is a body building forum. I apologise that I didn’t make it clear.[/quote]

Now you’re mocking the people of a body building forum. Interesting turn of events.

I realize I need to bite the bullet and force-feed if I’m going to see better gains.
Maybe I’m just looking for some magic answer that doesn’t exist.

Thanks for all the feedback anyway guys, much appreciated.

X,

Thanks for your constructive criticism.
I would have protein shakes every three hours, but I have too many school bills at the present to be affording 5lb tubs every week.

I’ve already put on 15 pounds since January, and I’m hoping this forum provides motivation enough for me to continue packing on the lbs.

I think the op should try some Alpha Male or smoke some weed.

I only smoke weed when I’m in Tucson :slight_smile:
But thanks for the heads up.

1. If you are serious about adding muscle, you know you need to eat more. If you know it, you can make yourself do it.
  2. Know your maintenance calories and how much more you need to gain weight.
  3. Maybe consider liquid calories (milk, protein shake, Surge brothers pre-workout). Maybe easier to take down.

I think I kind of get what you’re saying though. I work a sedentary desk job. During the week I workout after work, so most of the day I don’t need much extra energy and I do have to eat even though I’m not hungry.

Calorie-wise, on sedentary days, I could get by with around 2700 kcals. On days with an intense 45 minute workout, I need closer to 3500.

I can see the difference between eating for my Sunday workout and a weekday workout. On Sundays, I can eat a nice big breakfast, relax a bit then work out around 10 AM then graze the rest of the day. I’m actually hungry because of the early workout so it’s easy to get in those extra 800 calories. During the week though, if I waited till after my workout, I found it harder to get them in post workout as I got home around 7 and went to bed at 10 PM. I always had trouble eating too much right before bed. So instead, I front-load. Sure it’s harder to eat when you don’t need it, but between the Surge brothers and the oatmeal protein bars I’m using, that’s easily 700 cals just before my workout.

X is so hardcore that he eats the bits of food that he cleans out of his patients’ teeth. What do you people know about THAT !!

:wink:

OP, have you tried fasted morning steady state cardio to increase your appetite? Dante from DC recommends it to increase ones appetite. I tried to do a little G-flux by doing morning cardio for a while, and I was very hungry during this period of time.

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
X,

Thanks for your constructive criticism.
I would have protein shakes every three hours, but I have too many school bills at the present to be affording 5lb tubs every week.
[/quote]

Protein shakes are a luxury only for their convenience. Having whole food meals prepared before hand is where you can make up for that luxury. Ground beef and ground turkey are dirt cheap and can be damn tasty with the right seasonings, you can get a ton of meat for the price you pay for protein shakes. Save the shakes for post, peri workouts, or whatever you feel like doing.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
X is so hardcore that he eats the bits of food that he cleans out of his patients’ teeth. What do you people know about THAT !!

;)[/quote]

Note to self hide chicken wing in mouth when I go see X for checkup, will make him happy.