T Nation

Not A Bruce Lee Thread

Ok Guys, We’re all getting older. I’m about to turn 31 and we have all had childhood hero’s and TV shows or Movies we loved. Kid today might not know who Macgyver, A-team, or the Wonder Years were. Or Movies Like Jaws or Rambo. I have some kids who work for me who didn’t really know much about Arnold or Bruce!! “How Sad”

I think todays TV shows, movies, cartoons and here’s are not like Our hero’s from the 70’s 80’s and 90’s.
My childhood hero was Bruce Lee. Not for his fighting. I thought he was a true philosopher. I enjoyed how methodical and analytical he was for his time. Here is a foundation so kids don’t forget who he was.
Sorry for the spelling…

Who were your hero’s and TV show growing up?

Hahaha. MacGyver was my fuckin hero. Never used guns, only fought with his fists and his wits, and always got the girl at the end.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Hahaha. MacGyver was my fuckin hero. Never used guns, only fought with his fists and his wits, and always got the girl at the end.[/quote]

He was mine too. I think that was one reason I took to science at an early age. I think I was the only kid on the block with a working microscope at home in the 4th grade. I am pretty sure that show would suck by today’s standards though. CSI, as far as the Vegas team, is what I focus in on now as far as that is concerned.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Hahaha. MacGyver was my fuckin hero. Never used guns, only fought with his fists and his wits, and always got the girl at the end.

He was mine too. I think that was one reason I took to science at an early age. I think I was the only kid on the block with a working microscope at home in the 4th grade. I am pretty sure that show would suck by today’s standards though. CSI, as far as the Vegas team, is what I focus in on now as far as that is concerned.[/quote]

X, did you ever have a pocket microscope?

They kick ass.

FightinIrish26 wrote:

He was mine too. I think that was one reason I took to science at an early age. I think I was the only kid on the block with a working microscope at home in the 4th grade. I am pretty sure that show would suck by today’s standards though. CSI, as far as the Vegas team, is what I focus in on now as far as that is concerned.[/quote]

I was a Doctor Who fan when I was a kid.

The Fourth Doctor was my favorite.

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:
Professor X wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

He was mine too. I think that was one reason I took to science at an early age. I think I was the only kid on the block with a working microscope at home in the 4th grade. I am pretty sure that show would suck by today’s standards though. CSI, as far as the Vegas team, is what I focus in on now as far as that is concerned.

X, did you ever have a pocket microscope?

They kick ass.
[/quote]

I used to keep a pocket magnifying glass on me. I was a real nerd as a kid but I never had a problem getting along with people. That magnifying glass was mostly used for ants and leaves though. The microscope let me see cell walls for the first time on those leaves.

As far as tv heroes, The A Team beat everyone else. Wonderwoman allowed me to figure out I like titties.

FightinIrish26 wrote:

CSI is too realistic to be a little kid’s show though. MacGyver was just far fetched enough that it was entertaining as hell for kids.

This thing was great for inspecting nasty scabs.

Heroes is probably what kids watch these days for their “heroes”.

That and unfortunately every reality show on TV.

They should have to watch Supersize Me anytime they are sitting around just watching television.

the ghost of marshall jim duncan was my hero. when i was 5 or 6 i remember working on making direct eye contact and squinting when people were talking to me. my mom was well-intentioned but pretty overbearing when it came to training my manners. if we had company or were meeting people she would make me say some memorized spiel and shake their hands.

i resented this programming so much that i used to envision myself as clint eastwood and squint right through the back of people’s heads when i met them. my mom was usually @ my side so she couldn’t see what i was doing. i also used the squint to play doctor.