Nose Tork?

Hey guys. I’ve been thinking about trying some of this stuff but I don’t know anybody that has used it. Just curious as to what it does for you and how it makes you feel and if there’s any side effects to it. Thanks

I guess it makes you temporarily more “alert”. If you like to get hyped up before an attempt, you’ll like nose tork. We used to use it all the time. Now, I only use it for big attempts if I feel like I need every tool in the box. It’s fun; I can’t think of any sort of negative side effects.

I only use it for competitions, and usually only the last attempt. Otherwise, I tend to get too hyped up and blow my wad on a lower attempt.

Awesome. Well I’ll try some for sure. My problem is when I go to max, especially deads, I get so worked up mentally that even if I feel I have more physically left in me, I’m so wore out mentally it just doesn’t happen. That nose Tork sounds like a good fix

[quote]Vincepac1500 wrote:
I’ve thought about having in the back as a secret weapon. I’ve never used it before but if it’ll help me with that third attempt I might just pick some up. Sometimes it’s hard to really get into it when you need everything you’ve got.[/quote]

Fair warning: if you’ve never used it, DON’T just save it for competition day. Nose tork is like ammonia on steroids…and PCP.

The first time I used an ammonia cap, I shook my head a bit and got a nice buzz. The first time I took a hit of nose tork, I literally threw the bottle across the room and ran away from it. My fight or flight instinct kicked in, haha. A lot of people have similar stories. I used to keep it on my desk at work and dare my co-workers to try it. One of my friends described it best when he said “My brain is on fire!”

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

I’ve thought about having in the back as a secret weapon. I’ve never used it before but if it’ll help me with that third attempt I might just pick some up. Sometimes it’s hard to really get into it when you need everything you’ve got.[/quote]

Fair warning: if you’ve never used it, DON’T just save it for competition day. Nose tork is like ammonia on steroids…and PCP.

The first time I used an ammonia cap, I shook my head a bit and got a nice buzz. The first time I took a hit of nose tork, I literally threw the bottle across the room and ran away from it. My fight or flight instinct kicked in, haha. A lot of people have similar stories. I used to keep it on my desk at work and dare my co-workers to try it. One of my friends described it best when he said “My brain is on fire!”[/quote]

Truth.

You stick your nose kind of close to the bottle and don’t get much. You move a little closer and BOOM! Feels like somebody kicked you in the solar plexus and knocked all the air out of you.

Ammonia caps are definitely more forgiving.

I’ve thought about having in the back as a secret weapon. I’ve never used it before but if it’ll help me with that third attempt I might just pick some up. Sometimes it’s hard to really get into it when you need everything you’ve got.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

The first time I used an ammonia cap, I shook my head a bit and got a nice buzz. The first time I took a hit of nose tork, I literally threw the bottle across the room and ran away from it. My fight or flight instinct kicked in, haha. A lot of people have similar stories. I used to keep it on my desk at work and dare my co-workers to try it. One of my friends described it best when he said “My brain is on fire!”[/quote]

Truth.

You stick your nose kind of close to the bottle and don’t get much. You move a little closer and BOOM! Feels like somebody kicked you in the solar plexus and knocked all the air out of you.

Ammonia caps are definitely more forgiving.[/quote]

Ok I’ll keep that in mind and get some and do a few test maxes haha. Maybe I’ll see if I can get it to use next week when I attempt a 630 pull

I use nose tork on all my lifts in a meet, and in training, on all my final sets if I feel it will be semi-hard. I’m a very timid guy, so the tork doesn’t jack me up like others, it sorta zones me in. For example, on the platform, I tork, then approach the bar, I have 0 memory of any crowd at all, straight tunnel vision, sort of a brown out if you will.

So, if you are a hyper dude that yells, screams, grunts, jumps up and down, go easy on the tork. If you are like me, you stay in the corner, lift by yourself, don’t get riled up, then use as much as you want.

Just go easy the first couple times. Start he bottle at your belly button, yes, literally that far down, and slowly bring it up to your nose, waving it back and forth, and breathing in with your nose. I’m guessing on a brand new bottle around your sternum you will get hit with it hard. If you are scared to try it, then do it at home with no one around. It wont’ affect you in any way besides make everything “clearer”.

On a side note, it takes a hangover away instantly for about 3 minutes, then it comes back lol.

[quote]dzirkelb wrote:
So, if you are a hyper dude that yells, screams, grunts, jumps up and down, go easy on the tork. If you are like me, you stay in the corner, lift by yourself, don’t get riled up, then use as much as you want.

[/quote]

As a very much “timid lifter”/introvert, that has NOT been my experience. I only ever psyche myself up for competition, and only really last attempts. All of my lifting done in training is very much unpsyched, mainly because I find it taxing on my recovery to train at that state.

I suppose, like anything else, your mileage may vary.

[quote]dzirkelb wrote:

[/quote]

As a very much timid lifter/introvert, that has NOT been my experience. I only ever psyche myself up for competition, and only really last attempts. All of my lifting done in training is very much unpsyched, mainly because I find it taxing on my recovery to train at that state.

I suppose, like anything else, your mileage may vary.[/quote]

This is true, all depends on the person. I train to max every time, so my body is used to the recovery. Example, my squat max is 600ish. I think I did 565 for a triple the other day. That’s pretty much max effort, I torked for the lift, but I was fine the next day and day after. But, I’m 330, I have a lot of body to help recover, and a caloric maintenance of 4000 calories a day lol.

I tried the un-psyche training for a while, I did the squat every day thing up to a 1rm attempt, but the key was to not be so heavy that you needed mental help. That was fricking awesome, but my arm couldn’t handle it, it damn near broke from all the stress.

I also only torque on squats for all 3 attempts because I am still not happy with depth, so I torque to go deeper on my first attempt. I don’t need torque on bench at all really.

Guess the point is, try it at home first to feel it, then see how you like it while training.

The smell makes me think of bright orange for some reason, even back when I was busting capsules of the soft stuff.

The first time I took a hit of nose tork it was like an Oompa Loompa climbed inside of my head and then punched the inside of my skull. Then he laughed and called me a pussy.