North of Atlanta, GA

OK, T-N’ers - anyone familiar with north of Atlanta, GA?

Roswell, Alpharetta, Dunwoody, Woodstock, up that way?

Anyone from around there? Good gyms? Nice places? Live there?

Roswell and Woodstock both very nice. Are you planning a visit or a move there? Either way, you can’t really go too far wrong.

Why you goin there?

Wanna start an r and b career?

I live in ATL, been here a year, still learning the areas. i train @ LA Fitness currently. the truth about LA Fitness, some are more fitness center like, others, the older ones still have a gym feel. were i’m at there are a few competing ncp bodybuilders and a few power-lifters.

two gay guys (not that it matters, nice dudes- partners) are the biggest fuckers in my particular gym, 260 stage ready 290-300+ off season. guy i train w/ on occasion has a 755lb dl. chalk and grunting are welcome. i love the suburbs of ATL…the traffic blows though.

there are a few powerlifting/hardcore gyms around still. tucker ga or norcross ga i believe…i’ll inquire for you.

in ATL on a side road was the old LEE HANEY gym, it was/is closed down, big sign out front for a while of Lee Flexing…i wanted to steal it and load it into the truck, thought it be cool for the home garage gym eventually…when i finally went back for it, it was gone!

Uncle is an IT guy who lives in Cumming in North ATL. Been there really nice.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
I live in ATL, been here a year, still learning the areas. i train @ LA Fitness currently. the truth about LA Fitness, some are more fitness center like, others, the older ones still have a gym feel. were i’m at there are a few competing ncp bodybuilders and a few power-lifters.

two gay guys (not that it matters, nice dudes- partners) are the biggest fuckers in my particular gym, 260 stage ready 290-300+ off season. guy i train w/ on occasion has a 755lb dl. chalk and grunting are welcome. i love the suburbs of ATL…the traffic blows though.

there are a few powerlifting/hardcore gyms around still. tucker ga or norcross ga i believe…i’ll inquire for you.

in ATL on a side road was the old LEE HANEY gym, it was/is closed down, big sign out front for a while of Lee Flexing…i wanted to steal it and load it into the truck, thought it be cool for the home garage gym eventually…when i finally went back for it, it was gone![/quote]

Where about’s are ye? I am north east metro…I 85 corridor… Do you play the banjo?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Uncle is an IT guy who lives in Cumming in North ATL. Been there really nice.[/quote]

I was in Las Vegas last week, coming back here was like putting on a heavy shirt of humidity… It’s weird how different the air is.

Go Braves!
Go Falcons!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Uncle is an IT guy who lives in Cumming in North ATL. Been there really nice.[/quote]

That’s way up there! Might be an option.

Thanks for the responses and the PM’s so far.

Pat, how far (time wise) from Alpharetta and Dunwoody are you?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I was in Las Vegas last week, coming back here was like putting on a heavy shirt of humidity… It’s weird how different the air is.

Go Braves!
Go Falcons![/quote]

If I ever end up there, I will not renounce my Eagles and Phillies (although I may be seen in Steelers attire)

(I’m wearing a UGA shirt right now).

So, it’s probably pretty hot down there right now…

I may be visiting in the coming weeks. Probably have to wear a jacket and tie… UGHH!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I may be visiting in the coming weeks. Probably have to wear a jacket and tie… UGHH![/quote]

You are going to sweat your ass off.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

I may be visiting in the coming weeks. Probably have to wear a jacket and tie… UGHH![/quote]

You are going to sweat your ass off.[/quote]

What else is new? Interview clothes SUCK in hot/humid.

There is a gym in Acworth, west of Woodstock, called Stack’s Gym. Looks like a warehouse, no fancy machines, great owners and management. Hardcore, but not douchey. Some really good guys. There are some powerlifters, bodybuilders, wrestlers, and plenty of everyday folk. You can pay by the month, with no contract, or you can pay for an individual workout. A nice change-of-pace from the LALA Fitness and Gold’s atmosphere.

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:
There is a gym in Acworth, west of Woodstock, called Stack’s Gym. Looks like a warehouse, no fancy machines, great owners and management. Hardcore, but not douchey. Some really good guys. There are some powerlifters, bodybuilders, wrestlers, and plenty of everyday folk. You can pay by the month, with no contract, or you can pay for an individual workout. A nice change-of-pace from the LALA Fitness and Gold’s atmosphere. [/quote]
They also have been around since the 70’s.

http://www.coffeesgym.org/ Another one in Marietta–East Cobb area.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

You are going to sweat your ass off.[/quote]

What else is new? Interview clothes SUCK in hot/humid.[/quote]

Yep. Thats why I wear underarmor

I live in Cobb County (Marietta). We have a pretty good gym downtown called Coffee’s. If youre serious about iron its worth checking out. Also, Mat Duvall (if you remember him) owns an American Ironworks in Kennesaw.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

That’s way up there! Might be an option.

Thanks for the responses and the PM’s so far.

Pat, how far (time wise) from Alpharetta and Dunwoody are you?[/quote]

Alpharetta is due west and I actually go there a lot since I work there. It’s about 25 miles and takes me an hour with traffic, about 45 mins with out. There’s like a thousand traffic lights between me an it.

Dunwoody is SW of me and accessible by interstate. It’s about 30-40 mins without traffic. Who knows with interstate traffic?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Go Braves!
Go Falcons![/quote]

If I ever end up there, I will not renounce my Eagles and Phillies (although I may be seen in Steelers attire)

(I’m wearing a UGA shirt right now).[/quote]

I am a cocks’ fan… I don’t dislike UGA they just aren’t my team.
The phillies fall from grace has been a bit of a shock… I know it’s the injury bug and there’s nothing you can do about it. Trust me, we’ve been there in spades. And we lost some key guys this year too.

Unlike most folk, I actually don’t hate Michael Vick. I think he’s learned his lesson. But I don’t like the Eagles because they are that team. The team that, no matter how bad they are, they still beat us. So I hate the Eagles… I can’t fucking stand Deshawn Jackson either.