T Nation

North Korean Candy

North Korea is a frustrating place to think about: an irrational leader who judges his own country’s importance by how much he can get the U.S. to pay attention to him; a brutally oppressive government; and a country that devotes all of its attention to increasing militarization while the general population undergoes profound starvation.

But hey kids, just eat some of our new candy and everything is going to be OK!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8000632/

Just sad and awful. I cannot even imagine what is actually in that candy if it’s produced by their government.

Kuz

• Return with honor.

You would think that once things got bad enough, the population as a whole would rise up and shove that candy up Kims arse and then beat him like a piniata, but that just isn’t happening.
Oh, well. Let them eat cake, or candy.

This is obviously the result of America’s evil, capitalist culture which runs gulags in Cuba.

I’ll bet Halliburton are getting all the profits.

Let’s go liberate them and give them freedom.

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Let’s go liberate them and give them freedom.[/quote]

Are you trying to start something!!

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Let’s go liberate them and give them freedom.[/quote]

:wink:

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
You would think that once things got bad enough, the population as a whole would rise up and shove that candy up Kims arse and then beat him like a piniata, but that just isn’t happening.
Oh, well. Let them eat cake, or candy.
[/quote]

Many North Koreans think that things are like that ALL OVER the world. They aren’t allowed to have radios or televisions, or to receive outside communication of any kind. Kim Jong Il tells them that everyone is starving, but North Korea is the best off.

Obviously not everyone is fooled, since many escape to South Korea. Meanwhile, they have to dig up dead bodies to scavange for meat.

Kuz lied, the Ayatollah Khomeni died!!!

Anyone of my liberal friends want to question the way W. has been handling this one?

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:

Anyone of my liberal friends want to question the way W. has been handling this one?

JeffR[/quote]

Hey Jeff, they already have!

“Why were we wasting our time in Iraq, when everybody knows that the REAL threat is N. Korea?” [We should have been invading them!]

Of course, if we invaded N. Korea, they would have said “Why did this idiot Bush go into Korea? What have they ever done to us? Everyone knows that IRAN is the real threat!”

And so on.

How did I do sump-pump-lumpy?

I think we should just send them a McDonalds that would solve everything. That’s how we defeated the USSR.

[quote]Cream wrote:
JeffR wrote:

JeffR

Hey Jeff, they already have!

“Why were we wasting our time in Iraq, when everybody knows that the REAL threat is N. Korea?” [We should have been invading them!]

Of course, if we invaded N. Korea, they would have said “Why did this idiot Bush go into Korea? What have they ever done to us? Everyone knows that IRAN is the real threat!”

And so on.

How did I do sump-pump-lumpy?[/quote]

No sir… no sir, bob! We woulda said Mars… Now there’s a real threat. That face it’s staring that evil stare it’s gotta be a part of the axis of evil… Mars bitches!!!

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
No sir… no sir, bob! We woulda said Mars… Now there’s a real threat. That face it’s staring that evil stare it’s gotta be a part of the axis of evil… Mars bitches!!![/quote]

No oil :slight_smile:

[quote]Fonebone wrote:

No oil :)[/quote]

Not yet. But if they want to drum up a reason, they’ll find some in there somewhere dammit! And then it’s game on!