North Korea

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I hope you yankees are preparing for the ‘merciless nuclear attack’ that has been given the go ahead by the highest levels of the batshit regime. These fuckers are crazier than shit house rats. This really is of great concern. So called ‘experts’ are debating what their real intentions are. But that’s like trying to look into the mind of a crazy person. They don’t make rational decisions. They don’t think like us. They are dangerous, crazy people with nuclear weapons and their actions entirely unpredictable.[/quote]

The leadership IS crazy, the people are brainwashed into believing the family line is that of Gods.

On the other hand, Kim Jung Un may be a coward. He’s concerned about his image and has been pampered his whole life. The only thing he has seen is his father blackmail the world, he has said outright that nuclear weapons are life for N. Korea, which is probably the most honest thing I’ve heard from any politician in a long time.

The presence of Nukes, and their pursuit of rocket tech is basically N. Korea’s carrot for the rest of the world. Feed us, give to us or we continue our research. We give, they may stop research for a little bit, but ultimately they renege and for all we know use the money’s we give them to stop making nukes on nuke tech.

What happens when they finally do get the rocket tech? I’m sure Chushin remembers when N. Korea buzzed Okinawa with a rocket, I was there when it happened.

The people are starving but faithful to the leadership, they will fight with what they have which may not be much, but that means many will die. The leadership is childish and neurotic, like he’s playing some kind of video game with politics peoples lives.

At some point it has to happen. I’m not convinced S. Korea even wants N. Korea repatriated because of how much of a hit it would be on their economy.

China uses the people for cheap labor, a lot like we do with Mexico over here, except it’s purely communist. Laborers are sent to China, and China pays N. Korean Gov for the service.

We need to remember the civilians are still people, and deserve decent lives. Same goes for Burma.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

Only part they need is to be able to get the rocket path right, and to detonate the warhead at the optimal height…

[/quote]

Which requires an absurdly smart guidance system that relies on stars (yes fucking stars millions of miles away) to position itself perfectly…

AND release the warhead at the right spot in outer space

AND make sure the warhead is able to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere without disintegrating

AND make sure the warhead free falls to its right location

AND make sure the warhead denoates at the right spot to be effective

There is a reason there are only a handful of countries with this technology…it isn’t all that simple.

Edit: This all assumes that they manage to get the launch off without us intercepting the rocket on liftoff or the warheads on reentry…[/quote]

This.

They aren’t close to being able to strike us yet, according to the experts.

Therefore all of this bluster is probably best explained through the prism of domestic politics.

But that doesn’t make it something to be laughed off.[/quote]

Again who are these so called experts and what assumptions are they basing their opinions on? [/quote]

To take one of literally hundreds of examples.

I am no expert–but I am absolutely certain that when I say that the experts don’t believe the North Koreans have the ability to reach the mainland U.S. with a bomb, I am correct.

You know more about this topic than I do, that is obvious. However, your opinion is more or less meaningless to me so long as it is contradicted by the likes of the Global Security Center, the Federation of American Scientists, Washington Post, NYT, WSJ, etc.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I hope you yankees are preparing for the ‘merciless nuclear attack’ that has been given the go ahead by the highest levels of the batshit regime. These fuckers are crazier than shit house rats. This really is of great concern. So called ‘experts’ are debating what their real intentions are. But that’s like trying to look into the mind of a crazy person. They don’t make rational decisions. They don’t think like us. They are dangerous, crazy people with nuclear weapons and their actions entirely unpredictable.[/quote]

Yup. Then a lot of good people die because the dithering political scum in DC don’t take some initiative and burn the fucking nest.

Burn…the…nest…

[quote]Sifu wrote:

Again who are these so called experts and what assumptions are they basing their opinions on? One assumption they are making that could prove to be seriously wrong is where North Korean or Iranian missiles could reach. I covered this subject several years ago but obviously I am going to have to repeat it.

The Iranians have been known to have tested launching Skud missiles off of a barge in the Caspian sea several years ago. So in reality the Koreans could have the ability to stand off over a thousand miles from the US coast and hit anywhere in the US. Right now.

Iran's Missile Threat - WSJ

Another false assumption is that celestial guidance is needed. Just because that is what the US uses it doesn’t mean that the Koreans or anyone else couldn’t use something less advanced that will still get the job done. Inertial guidance can be quite accurate. Eighties vintage Trident 2 missiles had an accuracy of within 100 meters using inertial guidance.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - Google Books

I say this in agreement with your assertion ‘who are these so called experts?’. It’s pretty easy to go so far as to say there are no experts and never really have been. I mean if WMDs in Iraq, Anonymous, and two decades of asymmetric warfare haven’t tempered your decision-making enough to be dubious of the “keep calm and carry on” infallible US foreign intelligence and military policies, the numerous and rampant blunders otherwise should shake your certainty.

Might as well have Inspector Clouseau look into the matter and provide his opinion, just to judge the others’ competence in hindsight.

FRANKFURT (MarketWatch) – North Korea on Friday asked Russia to consider evacuating staff from its embassy in Pyongyang due to increasing tensions on the Korean peninsula, news reports said. A spokesman for the Russian embassy said that Russia was examining the request but wasn’t planning to evacuate the facility at this stage, Reuters reported. Reports said a similar request was made to other embassies. The move comes amid a series of threats by North Korea, which has said that a nuclear conflict could occur at any time on the Korean peninsula.

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
But they may also be cowards…[/quote]

But they may not be.

Just sayin’

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

Only part they need is to be able to get the rocket path right, and to detonate the warhead at the optimal height…

[/quote]

Which requires an absurdly smart guidance system that relies on stars (yes fucking stars millions of miles away) to position itself perfectly…

AND make sure the warhead is able to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere without disintegrating

There is a reason there are only a handful of countries with this technology…it isn’t all that simple.

Edit: This all assumes that they manage to get the launch off without us intercepting the rocket on liftoff or the warheads on reentry…[/quote]

This.

Therefore all of this bluster is probably best explained through the prism of domestic politics.

Again who are these so called experts and what assumptions are they basing their opinions on? [/quote]

I am no expert–but I am absolutely certain that when I say that the experts don’t believe the North Koreans have the ability to reach the mainland U.S. with a bomb, I am correct.

You know more about this topic than I do, that is obvious. However, your opinion is more or less meaningless to me so long as it is contradicted by the likes of the Global Security Center, the Federation of American Scientists, Washington Post, NYT, WSJ, etc.[/quote]

I think you are missing the point. The danger is being downplayed and that is very dangerous. All these so called experts are only correct so long as our enemies come at us in the predictable manner in which they expect them to come at us.

Anyone who really is an expert in defense will tell you to expect the unexpected so you don’t get surprised and have your ass handed to you. That is why asymmetrical warfare can be very effective. The truth is anyone who is smart enough to create something as complex as nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles is probably smart enough to come up with solutions to their limitations or our defenses.

Putting a missile on a container ship would be a game changer. Why wouldn’t they want to seek such an advantage? They can already launch missiles off of the back of a truck. With a huge ship they could have much better facilities for the launch.

Another possibility is just putting one of their miniaturized nukes into a container and taking out a port city. America has enough of those that losing one or more of the major ones would be devastating.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

[/quote]

This.

You know more about this topic than I do, that is obvious. However, your opinion is more or less meaningless to me so long as it is contradicted by the likes of the Global Security Center, the Federation of American Scientists, Washington Post, NYT, WSJ, etc.[/quote]

I think you are missing the point. The danger is being downplayed and that is very dangerous. All these so called experts are only correct so long as our enemies come at us in the predictable manner in which they expect them to come at us.

Anyone who really is an expert in defense will tell you to expect the unexpected so you don’t get surprised and have your ass handed to you. That is why asymmetrical warfare can be very effective. The truth is anyone who is smart enough to create something as complex as nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles is probably smart enough to come up with solutions to their limitations or our defenses.

Putting a missile on a container ship would be a game changer. Why wouldn’t they want to seek such an advantage? They can already launch missiles off of the back of a truck. With a huge ship they could have much better facilities for the launch.

Another possibility is just putting one of their miniaturized nukes into a container and taking out a port city. America has enough of those that losing one or more of the major ones would be devastating. [/quote]

Agreed. The port scenario in particular is troubling.

It doesn’t change the fact that analysts don’t think the DPRK can strike the mainland United States with an ICBM with a nuclear payload.

so I’m a starving drug addicted gun nut who wants to kill kids

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

[/quote]

This.

Again who are these so called experts and what assumptions are they basing their opinions on? One assumption they are making that could prove to be seriously wrong is where North Korean or Iranian missiles could reach. I covered this subject several years ago but obviously I am going to have to repeat it.

The Iranians have been known to have tested launching Skud missiles off of a barge in the Caspian sea several years ago. So in reality the Koreans could have the ability to stand off over a thousand miles from the US coast and hit anywhere in the US. Right now.

Iran's Missile Threat - WSJ

Another false assumption is that celestial guidance is needed. Just because that is what the US uses it doesn’t mean that the Koreans or anyone else couldn’t use something less advanced that will still get the job done. Inertial guidance can be quite accurate. Eighties vintage Trident 2 missiles had an accuracy of within 100 meters using inertial guidance.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - Google Books

I don’t know where you’re getting your information but what you call “80’s vintage Trident II missiles” absolutely have celestial guidance. They are still deployed today with the same systems they were built with back then. It was actually early 90’s when it was first deployed, but I won’t split hairs here.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

so I’m a starving drug addicted gun nut who wants to kill kids[/quote]

And also eats birds and snow.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

[/quote]

This.

Another possibility is just putting one of their miniaturized nukes into a container and taking out a port city. America has enough of those that losing one or more of the major ones would be devastating. [/quote]

Agreed. The port scenario in particular is troubling.

It doesn’t change the fact that analysts don’t think the DPRK can strike the mainland United States with an ICBM with a nuclear payload.[/quote]

I think you two are talking past each other. You made a narrower point that NK can’t hit us with a nuke icbm. Sifu was speaking in broader terms from the start, just not telling you lol.

What worries me most is the port scenario. Hell if they did it correctly they could reach most places in the US by firing the ship mounted missle while entering US waters off the coast. I still don’t think they’re QUITE crazy enough to do it and it has all the trappings of “young upstart seeks to solidify his rule and unite the powerful factions”, but i wouldn’t want to have to bet my life on it. Actually, i’d probly bet my life on us…just not the korean peninsula or japan staying safe. Extremely difficult to tell just what particular level of insanity they/kim is at. I DO agree, however, that China wants them on a short leash and wants to keep them as a buffer…so i am sure that China is not happy about these threats and will probably try to prevent the crazy from actually pushing buttons behind the scenes (just as long as it appears that the threats will actually happen to the rest of the world). NK getting glassed is bad juju for the Chinese power.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I still don’t think they’re QUITE crazy enough to do it and it has all the trappings of “young upstart seeks to solidify his rule and unite the powerful factions”, but i wouldn’t want to have to bet my life on it. Actually, i’d probly bet my life on us…just not the korean peninsula or japan staying safe. Extremely difficult to tell just what particular level of insanity they/kim is at. I DO agree, however, that China wants them on a short leash and wants to keep them as a buffer…so i am sure that China is not happy about these threats and will probably try to prevent the crazy from actually pushing buttons behind the scenes (just as long as it appears that the threats will actually happen to the rest of the world). NK getting glassed is bad juju for the Chinese power.[/quote]

This^

My money is on him telling the people of NK we are massing for attack due to the joint exercises in region. As soon as they end he will be boasting that he ran us off. He is just trying to solidify his position with the hardliners IMO.

Interesting read on the subject.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

LOL! Wow, I never knew we were so desperate. What ever makes them feel better. I guess if they bomb us, they will be doing us a favor putting us out of our misery. I feel like drinking some snow coffee and eating a bird out of a tree.

[quote]NikH wrote:
Their newest leader Kim Jong-un isn’t very liked, and people still have pictures having of the old leader, his father, but not of him.
I would think this is just political bs to bring the nation together under one leader, Kim Jong-un.

I dont think, and I hope, it will not be anything more.[/quote]

That’s the thing, I am weary of complacency. Bin Laden declared war on the U.S. several dozen times and we just laughed it off like he was just another toothless kook with big words an no balls.
NK has done this like 1000 times, it only takes one time for them to be serious to cause a really big shit storm. I don’t want to be caught off guard again.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Actually, that video gave me an idea. We should scramble their TV and radio feeds and drop leaflets with a very official looking Korean news feed that mocks up a total surrender by Pyongyang. Tell them all the the government surrendered to the south and they are now ruled by Seoul. Do that for a couple of days and they’d be so confused it’d take weeks for them to straiten it out. That’d fuck them up.

Ooo, yeah tell the NK citizens they now have a right to bear arms and drugs have been legalized. If we could do that successfully, that would be hilarious.