North Korea

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
We need to bomb them. The aggressor usually wins so we should just obliterate the whole place. Fire bomb Pyongyang…its just a shanty town anyway.

I would love to do it. Think of the sheer joy of bombing these demons back to the Stone Age. I would chuckle with delight as I unleashed the bombs.[/quote]

“True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one.”

Gandalf the Grey

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Why are they allies with North Korea, because they like the Kim Jong dynasty? No, they’re allies only in the economic sense. How fast do you think China would dissipate the North Korean `relationship’ if they were promised a piece of the actual pie?[/quote]

China likes North Korea the same reason why we are allies with the South Koreans: communism vs. capitalism…pretty much the genesis of all the world’s alliances[/quote]

I agree

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Why are they allies with North Korea, because they like the Kim Jong dynasty? No, they’re allies only in the economic sense. How fast do you think China would dissipate the North Korean `relationship’ if they were promised a piece of the actual pie?[/quote]

That is patently false and reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of both China and the DPRK and the relationship between the two.

Your premise would hold more water if China did not share a border with North Korea. But, China, in fact, is very concerned about the escalating situation on the Peninsula, which increasingly looks like it could precipitate into an armed conflict if North Korea steps past the brink and South Korea responds in kind. The collapse or even destabilization of the DPRK, which shares an 850-mile border with the PRC, could touch off an unprecedented mass migration of millions of North Korean refugees into China’s densely populated and industrialized northeastern region. The Chinese PLA is dully unprepared to handle a humanitarian crisis of this scale and scope. Long-term, China is also concerned that a reunified Korean Peninsula resulting from warfare might necessarily mean accommodating a more US-friendly Korean government along its border, perhaps American troops and defenses too, a situation Chinese hardliners, nativists, and realists are not willing to brook. Moreover, Beijing also sees North Korea as an important geostrategic buffer against possible encroachment or encirclement by its two primary rivals-- Japan and the US. The Chinese are not short in memory; Korea was the launching pad for Japan’s invasion of China during WW2, and during the Korean War, General MacArthur threatened to expand the war from Korea into China. That’s why China continues to underwrite the Pyongyang regime with fuel, machinery, and milk and honey-- in order to promote the country’s stability and perpetuate a China-friendly regime that can act as a type of proxy bulwark against US, Japanese, and other outside influences. Clearly, China has an abiding interest in shaping the geopolitical contours on the Peninsula-- if only by acting as North Korea’s lifeline, and attempting to mollify South Korea when its little Communist brother lashes out.[/quote]

Exactly

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
We need to bomb them. The aggressor usually wins so we should just obliterate the whole place. Fire bomb Pyongyang…its just a shanty town anyway.

I would love to do it. Think of the sheer joy of bombing these demons back to the Stone Age. I would chuckle with delight as I unleashed the bombs.[/quote]

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

“Is this war necessary? Well, let’s look at the facts. Nobody wanted this war but the Nazis. A lot of people tried to deal with them and a lot of them are dead. So in the end, we had to fight.” – the pastor in the movie ‘Battleground’.

Kill or be killed. Choose.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

“Is this war necessary? Well, let’s look at the facts. Nobody wanted this war but the Nazis. A lot of people tried to deal with them and a lot of them are dead. So in the end, we had to fight.” – the pastor in the movie ‘Battleground’.

[/quote]

Are you really trying to compare the Korean People’s Army to the Wehrmacht, which was the most powerful and technologically advanced military in the world at the time?

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you really trying to compare the Korean People’s Army to the Wehrmacht, which was the most powerful and technologically advanced military in the world at the time? [/quote]

No. If maniacs say they want war, kill them first. Kill them all.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you really trying to compare the Korean People’s Army to the Wehrmacht, which was the most powerful and technologically advanced military in the world at the time? [/quote]

[/quote]

As far as we know it’s 1 person that wants war and everyone else including their army is a victim.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as we know it’s 1 person that wants war and everyone else including their army is a victim.[/quote]

You do not understand the North Koreans. They worship their leader. Worship him like he is God in human form, and if they don’t they are put into a camp, and their children, and their children’s children, and so on and so forth are never let out of the camp. They are not victims they are all crazy.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
…and if they don’t they are put into a camp, and their children, and their children’s children, and so on and so forth are never let out of the camp. They are not victims…
[/quote]

okay

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

Only part they need is to be able to get the rocket path right, and to detonate the warhead at the optimal height…

[/quote]

Which requires an absurdly smart guidance system that relies on stars (yes fucking stars millions of miles away) to position itself perfectly…

AND release the warhead at the right spot in outer space

AND make sure the warhead is able to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere without disintegrating

AND make sure the warhead free falls to its right location

AND make sure the warhead denoates at the right spot to be effective

There is a reason there are only a handful of countries with this technology…it isn’t all that simple.

Edit: This all assumes that they manage to get the launch off without us intercepting the rocket on liftoff or the warheads on reentry…[/quote]

This.

They aren’t close to being able to strike us yet, according to the experts.

Therefore all of this bluster is probably best explained through the prism of domestic politics.

But that doesn’t make it something to be laughed off.[/quote]

Again who are these so called experts and what assumptions are they basing their opinions on? One assumption they are making that could prove to be seriously wrong is where North Korean or Iranian missiles could reach. I covered this subject several years ago but obviously I am going to have to repeat it.

The Iranians have been known to have tested launching Skud missiles off of a barge in the Caspian sea several years ago. So in reality the Koreans could have the ability to stand off over a thousand miles from the US coast and hit anywhere in the US. Right now.

Iran's Missile Threat - WSJ

Another false assumption is that celestial guidance is needed. Just because that is what the US uses it doesn’t mean that the Koreans or anyone else couldn’t use something less advanced that will still get the job done. Inertial guidance can be quite accurate. Eighties vintage Trident 2 missiles had an accuracy of within 100 meters using inertial guidance.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - Google Books

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
…and if they don’t they are put into a camp, and their children, and their children’s children, and so on and so forth are never let out of the camp. They are not victims…
[/quote]

okay[/quote]

This is actually true: the ‘criminal,’ his/her spouse and two other entire generations of a family go to the camps (or just go to be test subjects for chemical weapons). After two generations, if there are any subsequent descendants, they have a significant stigma attached to them, making it nearly impossible to get decent work, marry well, etc. I’ve read one story about a family that was sent off because someone noticed that there was a coffe-mug stain on a magazine photo of one of the Kims: proof that someone had put a coffee mug on the photo.

I’d say that the people of NK ARE victims, because they’re brainwashed. They know nothing about the outside world that the state doesn’t let them see. They think everyone outside their country is starving as much as they are - or rather, is starving MORE than they are. They’ve been trained from birth to hate Americans and love the Kims. I remember one NK defector who, even after he’d discovered what a lie his former life had been, and that the Dear Leader had been starving him & his family just to stay in power, still couldn’t bring himself to hate Kim Il Sung: the love was too deeply ingrained.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as we know it’s 1 person that wants war and everyone else including their army is a victim.[/quote]

You do not understand the North Koreans. They worship their leader. Worship him like he is God in human form, and if they don’t they are put into a camp, and their children, and their children’s children, and so on and so forth are never let out of the camp. They are not victims they are all crazy.[/quote]

There they are, worshipping their great leader

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Gandalf the Grey[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You do not understand the North Koreans. They worship their leader. Worship him like he is God in human form, and if they don’t they are put into a camp, and their children, and their children’s children, and so on and so forth are never let out of the camp. They are not victims they are all crazy.[/quote]

There they are, worshipping their great leader[/quote]

The lady down front will probably be in a camp very soon. She is crying and looks very scarred.

[quote]Sifu wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Severiano wrote:

Only part they need is to be able to get the rocket path right, and to detonate the warhead at the optimal height…

[/quote]

Which requires an absurdly smart guidance system that relies on stars (yes fucking stars millions of miles away) to position itself perfectly…

AND release the warhead at the right spot in outer space

AND make sure the warhead is able to re-enter the earth’s atmosphere without disintegrating

AND make sure the warhead free falls to its right location

AND make sure the warhead denoates at the right spot to be effective

There is a reason there are only a handful of countries with this technology…it isn’t all that simple.

Edit: This all assumes that they manage to get the launch off without us intercepting the rocket on liftoff or the warheads on reentry…[/quote]

This.

They aren’t close to being able to strike us yet, according to the experts.

Therefore all of this bluster is probably best explained through the prism of domestic politics.

But that doesn’t make it something to be laughed off.[/quote]

Again who are these so called experts and what assumptions are they basing their opinions on? One assumption they are making that could prove to be seriously wrong is where North Korean or Iranian missiles could reach. I covered this subject several years ago but obviously I am going to have to repeat it.

The Iranians have been known to have tested launching Skud missiles off of a barge in the Caspian sea several years ago. So in reality the Koreans could have the ability to stand off over a thousand miles from the US coast and hit anywhere in the US. Right now.

Iran's Missile Threat - WSJ

Another false assumption is that celestial guidance is needed. Just because that is what the US uses it doesn’t mean that the Koreans or anyone else couldn’t use something less advanced that will still get the job done. Inertial guidance can be quite accurate. Eighties vintage Trident 2 missiles had an accuracy of within 100 meters using inertial guidance.

Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists - Google Books

I don’t doubt you’ve done your research, but all the experts whose daily bread this is give a quite different picture. If NK really had any chance at all of hitting the US, the Pentagon would know it long before any of us. With the exception of David Cameron - who admittedly may know something that most of us don’t - absolutely nobody who’s talking in the media thinks we have anything to worry about.

One thing I do know is that North Korea sucks at everything. Their scientists and engineers will likely have done at least part of their work through the fog of hunger. There have been a number of FAILED NK missile tests in the last decade, and none of those failed missiles would’ve been able to hit the US anyway. I’m not at all worried, though I do feel bad for people in South Korea, and perhaps Japan.

[quote]

This post is so self-contradictory that i initially thought HeadHunter wrote it.

[quote]kamui wrote:

I am having a bad day today with the wordz.

They do worship their leaders. It is really weird and f’d up. I watched a documentary on Netflix and it was just weird how crazy they are.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

I am having a bad day today with the wordz.

They do worship their leaders. It is really weird and f’d up. I watched a documentary on Netflix and it was just weird how crazy they are.[/quote]

Yep. The are as crazy as a bunch of Storm Troopers.

Time to burn the nest.

I hope you yankees are preparing for the ‘merciless nuclear attack’ that has been given the go ahead by the highest levels of the batshit regime. These fuckers are crazier than shit house rats. This really is of great concern. So called ‘experts’ are debating what their real intentions are. But that’s like trying to look into the mind of a crazy person. They don’t make rational decisions. They don’t think like us. They are dangerous, crazy people with nuclear weapons and their actions entirely unpredictable.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I hope you yankees are preparing for the ‘merciless nuclear attack’ that has been given the go ahead by the highest levels of the batshit regime. These fuckers are crazier than shit house rats. This really is of great concern. So called ‘experts’ are debating what their real intentions are. But that’s like trying to look into the mind of a crazy person. They don’t make rational decisions. They don’t think like us. They are dangerous, crazy people with nuclear weapons and their actions entirely unpredictable.[/quote]
But they may also be cowards…

Their newest leader Kim Jong-un isn’t very liked, and people still have pictures having of the old leader, his father, but not of him.
I would think this is just political bs to bring the nation together under one leader, Kim Jong-un.

I dont think, and I hope, it will not be anything more.