North Korea

[quote]Legionary wrote:

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945[/quote]

That was interesting. (I watched the whole video) The ‘Cold War’ was very clear in that. I would like to see 98-2013 now.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
I think its funny how most of the pictures kim is looking through binoculars for some reason[/quote]

Kim is a crazy mofo! It’s funny, but it is dangerous too.

I am not living n fear of something happening. But, when I think about this situation I compare it in my mind to some of the cases where these rich little kids with mental problems and having access to guns and going on these rampages. Like the columbine kids, or any of the other examples. This has a kid like that in my view except ‘the kid’ is ‘the supreme leader’ of a nuclear country that has the military leadership eager for war. Who are also close allies with a major power in China. I fully understand why our country has changed their focus to Pacific stability.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
I think its funny how most of the pictures kim is looking through binoculars for some reason[/quote]

Not bad, but he still has much to learn.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945[/quote]

That was interesting. (I watched the whole video) The ‘Cold War’ was very clear in that. I would like to see 98-2013 now.[/quote]

Not too much testing nowadays. Computer simulations have made that all but obsolete for the great powers.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

Not bad, but he still has much to learn.[/quote]

Putin would still most likely kick the shit out of most world leaders considering his background in the KGB.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

Putin would still most likely kick the shit out of most world leaders considering his background in the KGB.[/quote]

Come on now… Obama may have learned some skills Chicago style.

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

Putin would still most likely kick the shit out of most world leaders considering his background in the KGB.[/quote]

Come on now… Obama may have learned some skills Chicago style.[/quote]

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]Hold Up wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

Come on now… Obama may have learned some skills Chicago style.[/quote]
[/quote]

We’re fucked. He is leading with the wrong knuckles

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
In the “chess game” of stupid US foreign policy, one can almost imagine someone coming up with the bright idea that we kick North Korea’s ass so that we have an excuse to put a significant portion of our assets on China’s doorstep.

China would be foolish allow North Korea to escalate things to the point that we feel threatened enough to prepare for war. After we kicked NK’s ass, we’d have to “rebuild” and THAT would essentially give us a forward operating base all up in China’s shit. I can’t imagine they’d allow that.

I see China as the country telling NK to STFU and BTFD. That’s the only way the status quo will be maintained.

If it happens any other way, then China is planning, in the long run, to use our proximity to say we violated their air space or something, cause an international incident, and test us pretty seriously. I don’t know if they’d start an all out war, but I can see them having a long term plan that involved pulling our proverbial card to see what we’re made of. They’ll do it when we’re most divided and over extended. They’ll do SOMETHING soon. [/quote]

Work with China and Russia. Let the US split the god forsaken territory in 3-parts.

Or just give it to the South Koreans.

You don’t nuke them, you work with China, Russia, South Korea and every US ally to essentially invade the country with the intention of liberating the people. You could take out their military in less than a year.

I am not tuned into this thread but I am aware of the news . Most people think the little guy is (THAT) a little guy

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
In the “chess game” of stupid US foreign policy, one can almost imagine someone coming up with the bright idea that we kick North Korea’s ass so that we have an excuse to put a significant portion of our assets on China’s doorstep.

China would be foolish allow North Korea to escalate things to the point that we feel threatened enough to prepare for war. After we kicked NK’s ass, we’d have to “rebuild” and THAT would essentially give us a forward operating base all up in China’s shit. I can’t imagine they’d allow that.

I see China as the country telling NK to STFU and BTFD. That’s the only way the status quo will be maintained.

If it happens any other way, then China is planning, in the long run, to use our proximity to say we violated their air space or something, cause an international incident, and test us pretty seriously. I don’t know if they’d start an all out war, but I can see them having a long term plan that involved pulling our proverbial card to see what we’re made of. They’ll do it when we’re most divided and over extended. They’ll do SOMETHING soon. [/quote]

Work with China and Russia. Let the US split the god forsaken territory in 3-parts.

Or just give it to the South Koreans.
[/quote]

Yeah I don’t think that works because China and NK are close allies. And Russia and China are becoming closer.

Why are they allies with North Korea, because they like the Kim Jong dynasty? No, they’re allies only in the economic sense. How fast do you think China would dissipate the North Korean `relationship’ if they were promised a piece of the actual pie?

Well, there’s also the fallout of N. Korea actually losing their leader.

We have S. Korea who enjoys prosperity, as much as they mourn for the state of N. Korea they don’t necessarily want a reunified Korea. China doesn’t seem interested either.

They are just a big festering remnant wound from the cold war. Such a sad, manipulated state of existence. Hopefully someone still gives two shits about the civilians over there.

Why are they allies with North Korea, because they like the Kim Jong dynasty? No, they’re allies only in the economic sense. How fast do you think China would dissipate the North Korean `relationship’ if they were promised a piece of the actual pie?[/quote]

China likes North Korea the same reason why we are allies with the South Koreans: communism vs. capitalism…pretty much the genesis of all the world’s alliances

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Why are they allies with North Korea, because they like the Kim Jong dynasty? No, they’re allies only in the economic sense. How fast do you think China would dissipate the North Korean `relationship’ if they were promised a piece of the actual pie?[/quote]

China likes North Korea the same reason why we are allies with the South Koreans: communism vs. capitalism…pretty much the genesis of all the world’s alliances[/quote]

More accurately, that should read democracy vs. autocracy, the clash of which will constitute the major ideological struggle of the 21st century in International Relations. Power politics is as true today as it was before the the end of the Cold War.

That is patently false and reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of both China and the DPRK and the relationship between the two.

Your premise would hold more water if China did not share a border with North Korea. But, China, in fact, is very concerned about the escalating situation on the Peninsula, which increasingly looks like it could precipitate into an armed conflict if North Korea steps past the brink and South Korea responds in kind. The collapse or even destabilization of the DPRK, which shares an 850-mile border with the PRC, could touch off an unprecedented mass migration of millions of North Korean refugees into China’s densely populated and industrialized northeastern region. The Chinese PLA is dully unprepared to handle a humanitarian crisis of this scale and scope. Long-term, China is also concerned that a reunified Korean Peninsula resulting from warfare might necessarily mean accommodating a more US-friendly Korean government along its border, perhaps American troops and defenses too, a situation Chinese hardliners, nativists, and realists are not willing to brook. Moreover, Beijing also sees North Korea as an important geostrategic buffer against possible encroachment or encirclement by its two primary rivals-- Japan and the US. The Chinese are not short in memory; Korea was the launching pad for Japan’s invasion of China during WW2, and during the Korean War, General MacArthur threatened to expand the war from Korea into China. That’s why China continues to underwrite the Pyongyang regime with fuel, machinery, and milk and honey-- in order to promote the country’s stability and perpetuate a China-friendly regime that can act as a type of proxy bulwark against US, Japanese, and other outside influences. Clearly, China has an abiding interest in shaping the geopolitical contours on the Peninsula-- if only by acting as North Korea’s lifeline, and attempting to mollify South Korea when its little Communist brother lashes out.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

That is patently false and reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of both China and the DPRK and the relationship between the two.

Your premise would hold more water if China did not share a border with North Korea. But, China, in fact, is very concerned about the escalating situation on the Peninsula, which increasingly looks like it could precipitate into an armed conflict if North Korea steps past the brink and South Korea responds in kind. The collapse or even destabilization of the DPRK, which shares an 850-mile border with the PRC, could touch off an unprecedented mass migration of millions of North Korean refugees into Chinaâ??s densely populated and industrialized northeastern region. The Chinese PLA is dully unprepared to handle a humanitarian crisis of this scale and scope. Long-term, China is also concerned that a reunified Korean Peninsula resulting from warfare might necessarily mean accommodating a more US-friendly Korean government along its border, perhaps American troops and defenses too, a situation Chinese hardliners, nativists, and realists are not willing to brook. Moreover, Beijing also sees North Korea as an important geostrategic buffer against possible encroachment or encirclement by its two primary rivals-- Japan and the US. The Chinese are not short in memory; Korea was the launching pad for Japan’s invasion of China during WW2, and during the Korean War, General MacArthur threatened to expand the war from Korea into China. That’s why China continues to underwrite the Pyongyang regime with fuel, machinery, and milk and honey-- in order to promote the country’s stability and perpetuate a China-friendly regime that can act as a type of proxy bulwark against US, Japanese, and other outside influences. Clearly, China has an abiding interest in shaping the geopolitical contours on the Peninsula-- if only by acting as North Korea’s lifeline, and attempting to mollify South Korea when its little Communist brother lashes out.[/quote]

Well put.

I will add that any East-Asian political phenomenon more pressing than humanitarian reform inside China confers intrinsic benefit upon Beijing. So long as there is a fat little madman shouting about nuclear war in Pyongyang, the Chinese Communist Party seems more like a sober, businesslike intermediary than a tyrannical machine of domestic political repression.

We need to bomb them. The aggressor usually wins so we should just obliterate the whole place. Fire bomb Pyongyang…its just a shanty town anyway.

I would love to do it. Think of the sheer joy of bombing these demons back to the Stone Age. I would chuckle with delight as I unleashed the bombs.