North Korea to Shoot Missile at Hawaii

SEOUL, South Korea â?? North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese news report said Thursday, as Russia and China urged the regime to return to international disarmament talks on its rogue nuclear program.

The missile, believed to be a Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), would be launched from North Korea’s Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan’s top-selling newspaper. It cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.

The missile launch could come between July 4 and 8, the paper said."

Burn the nests.

Source?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Source?[/quote]

Oh, sorry about that. Here it is:

I’m confused on why North Korea is doing this. I understand that they have done similar stunts like this in the past for aid, but not to this extent. As the regime wants to stay in power, displays like this don’t seem logical if a war were to break out (which would result in the end of their regime).

They’d better not, or obama will speak strongly at them…

I think Kim Jong Il finally watched “Team America: World Police”, realized that he was being made fun of and is now planning his revenge.

[quote]pat wrote:
They’d better not, or obama will speak strongly at them…[/quote]

Yeah, Biden said Obama would face a test within 6 months. And a bunch of young servicepeople are in that nut Kim’s crosshairs, because we elected a ‘community organizer’.

I wonder if they’d pull this stuff if McCain had won.

[quote]pat wrote:
They’d better not, or obama will speak strongly at them…[/quote]

I think even obama would kick ass and take names if they did that. That would be the most colossally stupid thing possible. Not only would the regime lose power, due to American soldiers beating the everliving shit out of the country, but it would alienate their very few allies (namely China). China wouldn’t want an all-out war at this point, and if N. Korea decides to shoot at the US I think China will let them stew in their own stupidity.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
pat wrote:
They’d better not, or obama will speak strongly at them…

I think even obama would kick ass and take names if they did that. That would be the most colossally stupid thing possible. Not only would the regime lose power, due to American soldiers beating the everliving shit out of the country, but it would alienate their very few allies (namely China). China wouldn’t want an all-out war at this point, and if N. Korea decides to shoot at the US I think China will let them stew in their own stupidity. [/quote]

This.

What did you expect? The democrats said they were going to make America less threatening. This is the result. Kim Il Jong feels much less threatened by America now.

The sheer incompetance of the democrats would be funny if it wasn’t so damned dangerous.

Don’t we have a lot of old weapons that we need to get rid of?

Let it be known, that North Korea has nothing to lose. They are a very strong military country. If there is a conflict they will cause serious damage to South Korea, no ifs, ands, nor buts.
I do not like Obama Hussein but he is in a very tricky spot. This is where he must influence China and use his charisma, but China aint dumb like the people who voted for him.
He is being tested and I do feel he will fail with either Iran or NK.

Also Aragon, maybe in the long term we will kick ass in NK, but in the short term, hundreds of thousands of SK lives will be killed. At the minimum.
NK has a strong military and a strong defense, almost second to none. (Hope anyone gets it). Our division there would be over runned before any reinforcements arrive. I hope our rhetoric leadership is not that naive, it will be travesty and also a sign of tremendous weakness.

While this thread is obvious HH stirring the pot, I do have a question for the group:

If NK fires a nuke at us (which I don’t think would actually happen), how do we respond? Personally I think we pretty much have to send at least a few nukes their way to show that we are not to be fucked with, even though I’m sure this would lead to international condemnation for going too far. At the same time I think it would be well worth it, even if we could dismantle the regime w/o nuclear weapons at that point.

MORE SANCTIONS!!!

I’m pretty sure they launched a some missiles back in 2006. I don’t remember anyone freaking out about how if we had elected Kerry they wouldn’t be pulling this shit. They are posturing. They are not going to nuke Hawaii. They can’t even fit a nuke on their missiles.

A full scale military engagement with North Korea would be equally catastrophic for the US and must be avoided.

It’s a test. Obama has failed at foreign policy and economic challenges to date. NK wants to get a slice of the pie. They are counting on a weak or nonexistent response. I don’t think they will be disappointed. Obama will “watch it with great concern” and may even ramp up his adjectives but in the end he is a weak leader and will do nothing.

What should the response be from a strong leader of a powerful nation. “Don’t launch a missile towards us or you will be attacked”. No compromise just the CERTAINTY of a response. At this point they are guessing the response will be weak or anemic so they are sending us a big FU.

[quote]hedo wrote:
It’s a test. Obama has failed at foreign policy and economic challenges to date. NK wants to get a slice of the pie. They are counting on a weak or nonexistent response. I don’t think they will be disappointed. Obama will “watch it with great concern” and may even ramp up his adjectives but in the end he is a weak leader and will do nothing.

What should the response be from a strong leader of a powerful nation. “Don’t launch a missile towards us or you will be attacked”. No compromise just the CERTAINTY of a response. At this point they are guessing the response will be weak or anemic so they are sending us a big FU.[/quote]

Exactly, he’s a pussy and everyone knows. What did Sean Connery say in that movie with Nick Cage, losers whine about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

[quote]hedo wrote:

What should the response be from a strong leader of a powerful nation. “Don’t launch a missile towards us or you will be attacked”. No compromise just the CERTAINTY of a response. At this point they are guessing the response will be weak or anemic so they are sending us a big FU.[/quote]

While I agree that if that happened, we shouldn’t do nothing, what would you propose we do? We can’t shift all the troops from Germany and the Middle East over there, so… put other soldiers there? Strikes with missiles?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
hedo wrote:

What should the response be from a strong leader of a powerful nation. “Don’t launch a missile towards us or you will be attacked”. No compromise just the CERTAINTY of a response. At this point they are guessing the response will be weak or anemic so they are sending us a big FU.

While I agree that if that happened, we shouldn’t do nothing, what would you propose we do? We can’t shift all the troops from Germany and the Middle East over there, so… put other soldiers there? Strikes with missiles?[/quote]

Tricky. First off what would the definition of “launch a missle at us” be? A missle not capable of reaching us but pointed in the general direction?

I am wondering if we could just start picking off missle sites without full fledged war. They queue one up, we take it out.

What would be the consequence? Invasion of south Korea? It seems no matter what we do, there will be escalation of some sort. Even if Obama said “Try it and I’ll kill every last mutha fuckin one a ya”, things wouldn’t workout much different. If they are testing him, why would they care how strong his language is? They are trying to get us to escalate.

We are stretched thin and they know this. I dislike Barry as much as I have ever disliked anyone, but I don’t see him doing anything glaringly wrong here. A few assasinations may be in order if possible, but any overt act is likely what they are hoping for.