North Bay Lifters?

Hey all i’ll start off by saying I have not been training regularly in the past year however I am getting back into it now. I have always been interested in competing and getting into powerlifting and have lifted on and off for the past 6 years.

I will be moving up to North Bay in the next 2 weeks for school and I know there are a couple clubs up there. I was wondering if anyone on here trains at/with either of the clubs and would be willing to let me come to some training sessions. I am serious about this and extremely motivated to do this the right way , I am just looking for a little guidance. Thanks.

I’m not from North Bay. I’m from Hamilton. However, when I finally got serious and just called the guy that runs Steel City, he made me more than welcome and I trained with them for 6 months or so. I’ve also trained periodically with the Niagara club.

Do the same thing. Just call them up. I’ve never heard of anyone being turned away from training with any club. They may be looking for some fresh blood. If you’re not sure of the contact information just google North Bay Clubs. They aren’t listed on the OPA site for some reason.

Thanks for the response. I did contact Mark who used to be in charge of the NB club but he has moved. There is also another club in the area but their contact info no longer works.

[quote]adziar wrote:
Thanks for the response. I did contact Mark who used to be in charge of the NB club but he has moved. There is also another club in the area but their contact info no longer works.[/quote]

Did Mark not have the contact info for the other club? Try the CPU forums: www.powerlifting.ca/forums. Join and post to see what clubs there are in that region. Someone should be able to give you an idea. There’s got to be something up that way because there’s been talk of having a meet up there.

You could also contact Glyn Moore, the head of the OPA. Either he or Marlene should know what’s going on up there. For faster response, try Marlene. The contact information page is at www.ontariopowerlifting.org/contact.htm.

Last night we were helping to set up for the Niagara Open and I asked the guys there if they knew of any clubs in North Bay. A couple of them have cottages up there and train at the Y. Apparently there’s a few guys that hit the Y.

Alright thanks, I’m moving up next week so I’ll check out the Y and get a hold of Mark.

Larry Shepherd and Ray Hamilton. Nippising U and Canadore College both have OL teams that compete in the Provincial Scholastic Championships.

There are probably more lifters in North Bay than in any other city in Ontario.

Enjoy.

TNT

I thought they both had teams but haven;t found much info on them. I just got my schedule however and Larry Sheppard is one of my instructors so I’ll talk to him next week once class starts.