T Nation

Normal T, Low Free T, High SHBG - TRT or not?

As I posted on before with other updated markers, the issue of normal T, low free T, elevated SHBG remains unresolved:
MCS5309’s Lab Updates - T4 causing hyperthyroid, low Free T, High SHBG

STATS:
Ht: 5-7
Wt: 178
BF%: 22%

Estradiol: 10 [3-70]
Total T: 632.4 [348-1197] - NOT ON TRT
Free T: 8.7 (L) [9.0-46.0]
W. Bound T: 55.0 [40.0-250.0]
SHBG: 66.8 [19.3-76.4]

This calculator shows my BAT to be @ 193: Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator , however, I have read of the inaccuracy of these calculators.

Again, doc suggested a liver cleanse and to start TRT to bring up free T.

In the meantime, I have started Divanex http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n…-capsules.html and Activate Extreme http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/d…-120-caps.html to help boost free T and reduce SGBH.

Another things to keep in mind is that the thyroid hormone (especially T3) I have been running can elevate SHBG.

One of my docs doesn’t put much weight on FT and uses TT exclusively to monitor. Many don’t agree with his assessment free testosterone, and that it’s a “small part” of the total testosterone signal thing.

For me, the decision to move ahead cautiously with TRT I still ponder because my sexual function is fine, so why mess with that. OTOH, if you look at my low free T, age, and inability to recomp no matter how hard I train and eat clean, TRT seems like the missing link.

So, the question is whether I should I take my other doc’s advice and try TRT.

What does this mean?
“”"
As I posted on before with other updated markers, the issue of normal T, low free T, elevated SHBG remains unresolved:
MCS5309’s Lab Updates - T4 causing hyperthyroid, low Free T, High SHBG
“”"

read the advice for new guys sticky

we need more lab data

agree with doc, liver is suspect

• liver should be clearing SHBG+T, is not
  • liver makes SHBG

FT varies a lot during the day, so any one lab does not tell you much, TT is normally a better indicators, but your SHBG is not normal.