Nordic Naturals Fish Oil?

My client, always looking for a better price, called Nordic Naturals inquiring about their product. She was told they were the “Mothership” of fish oils and they produce the fish oil for Carlson’s and Flameout, as well as other brands. They said their product was bottle on the ship, thereby making it extremely pure. They claimed that fish oil in its liquid form has a higher absorption rate when compared to capsules.

Nordic Naturals comes in many different flavors and is extremely palatable (other oils make me wanna varmit) and easy to take, even on salads.

My Questions:

MODS or anyone else

Where does Biotest get its fish oil?

Is the Liquid that much easier to absorb than the Flameout caps?

Is Flameout a better product than Nordic Naturals?

How can I convince my clients to purchase Flameout when Nordic Naturals is less expensive?

Please understand that I am very devoted Biotest customer (as well as my clients)and want to do nothing but give T-Nation/Biotest my full support. I just want to have good answers when these questions arise.

Thanks in advance

[quote]Kingsley wrote:
My client, always looking for a better price, called Nordic Naturals inquiring about their product. She was told they were the “Mothership” of fish oils and they produce the fish oil for Carlson’s and Flameout, as well as other brands. They said their product was bottle on the ship, thereby making it extremely pure. They claimed that fish oil in its liquid form has a higher absorption rate when compared to capsules. Nordic Naturals comes in many different flavors and is extremely palatable (other oils make me wanna varmit) and easy to take, even on salads.

My Questions:

MODS or anyone else

Is the Liquid that much easier to absorb than the Flameout caps?

Is flameout a better product than Nordic Naturals?

How can I convince my clients to purchase Flameout when Nordic Naturals is less expensive?

Please understand that I am very devoted Biotest customer (as well as my clients)and want to do nothing but give T-nation/Biotest my full support. I just want to have good answers when these questions arise.

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

Someone is pulling your clients leg as we don’t purchase any materials from Nordic Naturals, so they lose all credibility with me right there.

The main reason to purchase Flameout is its ultra high concentration of DHA and EPA. The formula is also heavyily weighed in favor of DHA to reduce inflammation. Each serving of Flameout contains 2,200 mg DHA and 880 mg EPA, in addition to 350 mg CLA.

Please see http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=910074 for the science behind Flameout.

[quote]Kingsley wrote:
They said their product was bottle on the ship, thereby making it extremely pure. [/quote]

Is freshness of the fish associated with the purity of the oil? I doubt that.

Now, this is just silly. Capsules are just that: capsules. In that they encapsulate the oil. And oil, as you probably know, is not exactly in an ionized plasma form.

That claim is pure BS.

[quote]Is Flameout a better product than Nordic Naturals?

How can I convince my clients to purchase Flameout when Nordic Naturals is less expensive?[/quote]

I don’t know this Nordic Naturals brand, but I doubt it’s got more DHA (ratio-wise) than Flameout.

thanks Brian for the quick response.

I just did a quick calculation on the cost analysis of Nordic Naturals compared to Flameout:

Nordic Naturals - 48 servings 625 mg DHA 410 mg EPA
cost of DHA 1.61/Gram - no CLA

Flameout - 22 servings 2200 DHA 880 EPA - cost of DHA 1.61/gram

The cost seems to be the same. I’ll ask a few more questions to see if NN really stated they were the supplier of FO.

According to Chris Mohr, the majority of studies that are done with fish oil, use nordic naturals.

also, I’m confused by your first post. You said nordic naturals said they supplied the fish oil for Flameout, then you go on to ask where Biotest gets it’s fish oil???

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
According to Chris Mohr, the majority of studies that are done with fish oil, use nordic naturals.

also, I’m confused by your first post. You said nordic naturals said they supplied the fish oil for Flameout, then you go on to ask where Biotest gets it’s fish oil???[/quote]

Doooood! Why? That’s what they said and Mod Brian stated otherwise. Nitpick a little more. I was trying to seek some sort of confirmation or refutation. Didn’t think I would have to explain this…

[quote]Kingsley wrote:
She was told they were the “Mothership” of fish oils and they produce the fish oil for Carlson’s and Flameout
My Questions:

[/quote]

I guess I thought you had accidentally typed the first part, thus the question of where it comes from. If that makes sense?

didn’t realize you were merely checking what you were previously told.