Nordic Blood: Climbing And Lifting / Lifting And Climbing

January 8, 2019

5 sets
A1 squat cleans 3 @ 50, 55, 60, 70 (front squat), 50 (front squat with pause at bottom). Really out of breath on these ones. Probably because of undersleeping
A2 Lying leg curl. The final set was a 6-8-10 drop set

4 sets
B1 Wide grip BP, 5 reps @ 65, no intensification
B2 Barbell curl with fat gripz, started strong with 12 reps, had one set at like… 6, most were 8-10

4 sets
C1 Lat pull-down with pause in bottom position, AMRAP on final set
C2 French Press, AMRAP on final set

This workout was not great.
I slept poorly, around 5 hours, very restless. I came in to the gym, stressed, because I let myself sleep for an added 30 minutes to offset some of the “damage”. I also didn’t get my morning cup of joe, because somehow the coffee filter had gotten jammed up when I closed the coffee maker before bed (I have it on a timer) so the water had been running along the side. It’s hard to explain. So, very meh as far as workouts go.

While I like the layout of these workouts I’m finding it difficult to pace myself, there is no ebb-and-flow in how much intensity I’m bringing except for on my lower body exercises where I try to be mindful of it.

Climbed in the PM for 2.5 hours. Lovely!

January 9, 2019

4 sets
A1 Leg extension, final set was 6-8-10 (I like these okay)
A2 DB romanian deadlift with toes elevated. Started out very heavy, had a great first work set, but no MMC on the second set. Went down in weight and slowed down my tempo and cleaned up my form and got it back

4 sets
B1 Behind the neck press, 20 reps first set, then 6, then 3, then 3 on the final followed by AMRAP strict press and AMRAP push press. I should have rested 15 seconds between the variants but I did not do that
B2 Preacher curl 10-12 reps, final set was a mechanical drop set. Wide grip, narrow grip, standing

4 sets
C1 Seated row 1+1/2 reps, every set was to muscular failure
C2 Rope cable triceps push down

I mentioned earlier I’m trying to be mindful of how much intensity I’m bringing to bear to not burn out so I figured I’d keep with isolation exercises today for LB. I think I went even harder than normal :slight_smile:

Still continuing to like the layout, I think it would go great with a 2-on, 1-off, 1-on, 1-off schema. @danteism, if you ever program for a 2A and run out of ideas, you could give them this:

But, the 2-on, … won’t fit well with my life right now, and I’m going to burn out if I continue running this every day.

I have found a program that I’ll run, I’ll post about that later.

2 Likes