Noob Supps ?'s

Hello all,
I’m very new to bodybuiling, in fact I’ve been doing it for just about 5 months now. I have really been working hard at the gym (20-25 hours/week), and I transformed from a beer-gutted 5’8" 205lb fatass into a pretty lean 158-163lb man. Now I really need to push things to the next level.

I would be very thankful if someone could point me to the right guides/info on supplements. I am especially interested anything that can help me figure the difference between prohormones and testosterone boosters. I’m currently taking Viraloid, creatine, and Anadrox. I hear Viraloid is supposed to be a prohormone or something like that, if so, do I need to take an estrogen blocker?

Any pointers or links would be much appreciated! Anyway, I’m addicted to bodybuilding, so I’m excited to make friends and learn all I can. peace.

[quote]ant228 wrote:
Hello all,
I’m very new to bodybuiling, in fact I’ve been doing it for just about 5 months now. I have really been working hard at the gym (20-25 hours/week), and I transformed from a beer-gutted 5’8" 205lb fatass into a pretty lean 158-163lb man. Now I really need to push things to the next level.

I would be very thankful if someone could point me to the right guides/info on supplements. I am especially interested anything that can help me figure the difference between prohormones and testosterone boosters. I’m currently taking Viraloid, creatine, and Anadrox. I hear Viraloid is supposed to be a prohormone or something like that, if so, do I need to take an estrogen blocker?

Any pointers or links would be much appreciated! Anyway, I’m addicted to bodybuilding, so I’m excited to make friends and learn all I can. peace.[/quote]

Viraloid is a natural blend of steroidal alkaloids derived from high sterol containing plants which ensure an increase in the body?s own production of testosterone by increasing the Leutenizing Hormone levels in the body. This is a great product for anyone who is looking to boost their hormonal levels naturally.

Daily Supp’s

Good Protein Powder
BCAA’S
Purple Wrath Or No Shotgun
ZMA
Alpha Male
Fish Oil Caps

Thats a good start :slight_smile:

Honestly you don’t need any supplements,what you need is lots of good clean food and a shit load of sleep and you’ll grow just fine. i think its a waste of money for someone who’s been training under year(or even two) to use any supplementation simply because they don’t really know how their body responds to the food,sleep and training of this kind of lifestyle. So without that knowledge you really can’t say whether a supplement is working efficiently or not.

At this point the only thing I’d honestly look into is a good protein supplement. You can get Metabolic Drive which is one of the best products on the market right here at this site. Also a food fishoil supplement is a must,check out flameout here on this site or if price is a huge deal I’ve always had good luck with just plain salmon oil gotten at most drugstores. Last but not least I can’t say enough about Surge as it is a great product for Pre/Post workout.

Finally…

[quote]
I hear Viraloid is supposed to be a prohormone or something like that, if so, do I need to take an estrogen blocker? [/quote]

if you don’t know exactly what a supplement is supposed to do for you,I’d stop using it.

[quote]iannotti wrote:
Viraloid is a natural blend of steroidal alkaloids derived from high sterol containing plants which ensure an increase in the body?s own production of testosterone by increasing the Leutenizing Hormone levels in the body. This is a great product for anyone who is looking to boost their hormonal levels naturally.[/quote]

Anaconda?

The " Thunder from down Under" eh? Haven’t read to much positive about that product. I think you’d be better off with a tribulus product. You have to get your nutrition right first, regardless fo what supps you use.

You’re in the right place if you want to learn.

All you really need are fish oils/flex oil and a multi. Protien is nice to have if you can afford it as is Tribulus or Alpha Male and ZMA.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
iannotti wrote:
Viraloid is a natural blend of steroidal alkaloids derived from high sterol containing plants which ensure an increase in the body?s own production of testosterone by increasing the Leutenizing Hormone levels in the body. This is a great product for anyone who is looking to boost their hormonal levels naturally.

Anaconda?[/quote]

its another version of ON CYCLE by fitzogen IMO.

Thanks for the quick responses, guys!

I am just beginning to realize the importance of nutrition and rest. When I started my metamorphosis, I had a very strict diet of protien, broccoli and oatmeal. Now that I’m lifting hardcore weights,(for me)I try to eat as much as possible, and its been difficult to do as I work 50+ hours a week. I really need some kind of structured diet now but I just don’t even know where to begin…(I’m eating protein bars, chicken, beef, protein shakes, greens ect.) Right now, I seem to be stuck in some kind of “perma-cut” state, and from what I have read, I shouldn’t remain this way as I need to gain a little fat with the muscle, right?
Sleep is a whole other animal altogether! In order to be focused at work, I do time in the gym, but I get so amped and energized that I cannot sleep. In fact, I only got 3 hours rest last night. For some reason Melatonin does not work for me so any suggestions on a sleep aid would be great.
So I have to ask, whats the importance of fish oil? Fish oil has been mentioned twice in these replies and I dont know its function. Well I’ll be doing some reading here for certain.
Now I know what Viraloid is SUPPOSED to do, but I’m wondering if I need to take an estrogen blocker with it. As far as any effect Viraloid has, I can say that it definitely has increased my sexual appetite and it has also given me a little bit of a temper. Whether or not this translates into an anabolic advantage, I have no clue. I definitely like the idea of supplementing my testosterone (safely) so if there’s a better product than this on the market, I’m all ears!
Thanks for the swift replies, people! I already feel very welcome here :slight_smile:

peace.

Just a note on the sleep (I just got done with a 12 hour day totally filled with biochemistry, so I’m feeling lazy about giving a real answer to the supps question):

If you’re having trouble sleeping because training amps you, then if at all possible try to train before work in the morning. This will allow you to sleep better, sleep more, and might even allow you to amp yourself for work. Of course, it requires getting up early, and that was never a talent of mine. I lift in the afternoon/evening.

You’ve got a good attitude about this whole thing. That and your posts indicate you can write in english at above a 6th grade level :). Read the Flameout info in the Biotest store. Sure, it’s an advertisement, but it gives a good review of the benefits found in the science lit. And if you really wanted to, you could be a pubmed ninja and find about 5,000,000 articles detailing the benefits.

Oh, I guess I’ll put in a bit about supps after all:

For a new lifter, I like just whey protein supps and regular creatine. I take fish oil for granted as a food (same with vitamins). If you don’t get your veggies/fruits/whole food sources, the supps can’t help you much, but if you’ve got enough clean calories in you, they can help a lot.

The minimum of supps are best at first. It helps you avoid “supplement whore” syndrome and actually eat food, which has the best chance of actually giving you results. Once you’ve got that, and the money to spend, branch out from there. PWO shake is easy to make with just whey and a 1/4 table sugar, which is also cheap. It’s no Surge, but it’s also not more money to spend.

If you absolutely wanted to keep your T-booster, I’m partial to TRIBEX (Biotest), but I admit I’ve never tried the booster you’re taking, so I have no comparison there. I just know that Biotest is the only company I currently trust outright with their whole product line.

Aragorn,
Thanks for the tips…I am seriously thinking about changing my workouts over to an a.m. timeslot. I usually just do a 30 minute run on the treadmill in the morning, but I could get up at the asscrack of dawn and lift…a small sacrifice indeed when one considers the rewards :slight_smile:
As far as supplements go, I think I will concentrate on nutrition and basic supp’s like protein, bcaa’s, fish oil, and creatine. I need to remind myself that I started all this with nothing but broccoli, steak, oatmeal, and a monastic level of dedication.
I see a few people here using these forums to ducument their progress. I think I may do the same…I think it would be a good idea because I would be documenting my progress and be peer-reviewed at the same time! So thanks for all the advice…I’ll be posting alot here I’m sure :slight_smile:

peace

I would recommend reading John Berardi’s articles about nutrition. He’s got a Gourmet Nutrition e-book of recipes and advice, but if you’re only interested in the advice portion you can find here. Just use the search engine. Welcome to the Iron Addiction!

Renee