T Nation

Non-Supressive T3 Dosages?

Hey guys, I’ve heard that doses of T3 under 25mcg/day don’t actually suppresse natural thyroid production and provide benefits by adding to existing thyroid production. Anyone tried this? Could you do this for weeks at a time or would exogenious(or whatever the word is) T3 eventually shut you down no matter what? I’ve seen doing low doses for a two week period recommended in Chemcial Muscle Enhancement, but would you be in suppressionville if you did it for 4 weeks?

All personal experience and/or knowledge welcome.

Bro, I was reading L. REa’s sequel to CME and he said the avg. person produces 26mcg t3/day. So a dose equivalent to that would shut you down. HOw long would it take? Well that depends on the individual. I’ve only ran 25mcg t3 for 6 weeks and definitely noticed an increase in metabolism with no negative side effects. HOpe this helps.

MK

I have had good results using 12.5 mcg per day without any noticable suppression.

Thanks guys, exactly the kind of personal experience I was looking for. After reading some accounts of the crash that occurs after a heavy T3 cycle I think I’m pretty much sold on running a low dose for 6 weeks.

Follow up question though, would there be any signs of suppression while on or would you only know once you discontinued use of the T3?

Would any of you consider running t3 while not on gear?

Zell,
The only way you’ll be able to tell the severity of suppression is when you discontinue the drug. I’m sure you were thinking along the lines of testicular atrophy while on AAS, but to my knowledge there’s no physical way to tell how suppressed you are while on.
Wideguy,
The most I’d supplement while off gear would be 12.5mcg like p22 does. Even then I’d be a little hesitant as my metabolism allows me to stay in the 7-8% fat range even when I’m off AAS.

MK

[quote]Wideguy wrote:
Would any of you consider running t3 while not on gear?[/quote]

I’m curious about this as well. I’m considering running a not to supressive T3 cycle, like:
Week 1 12.5 mcg
Week 2 25 mcg
Week 3 25 mcg
Week 4 25 mcg
Week 5 25 mcg
Week 6 12.5 mcg
I do have a bottle of MAG-10 that I can run with this so I dont lose to much muscle. Do you think I should use this with this T3 cycle?

Yah,but I don’t use it while off cycle. It would however be a good way to loose a buch of muscle, if you wanted to go back to being a small guy!

[quote]mikekatz wrote:
Zell,
The only way you’ll be able to tell the severity of suppression is when you discontinue the drug. I’m sure you were thinking along the lines of testicular atrophy while on AAS, but to my knowledge there’s no physical way to tell how suppressed you are while on.
Wideguy,
The most I’d supplement while off gear would be 12.5mcg like p22 does. Even then I’d be a little hesitant as my metabolism allows me to stay in the 7-8% fat range even when I’m off AAS.

MK[/quote]

An article ran on t-mag a while back proposing that you could run a low does (12.5mcg) of t-3 for long period of time with out any long term problems…

I personaly have run 12.5 - 25 mcg for over 16 weeks and had my thyroid test with in the normal range after I came off and was on HOT-ROX for a month.

Well I’m definitely going to be trying this soon as I’ve just got too much damn muscle on this frame as is :wink: