T Nation

Non-Stimulant Thermogenics

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a non-stimulant thermogenic?

Thanks!

I suppose I should add that I’m currently on the cutting phase of the Anabolic Diet, have lost 20 lbs fat since Jan 1st, and (according to measuring tools) only 1 lb lean mass. I’d really like to drop as much fat as possible in the next 3 weeks.

Currently lifting heavy compounds 3 times/week plus cardio 5 times/week.

Still stalling and need a bit of a boost without stimulants.

green tea extract, use it

why a non-stimulant one? If you want to drop “as much fat as possible”, why not get HOT-ROX Extreme.
Basically: non-stimulant ones are not likely to be as powerful/effective as a stimulant one.

Plus, on the AD, increasing amounts of caffeine alone will increase the amount of lipids mobilized.

Option 2: Change to a high-rep TBT program, for greater caloric expenditure.

Option 3: Start your week with a day of 12xBW-10% intake w/ 80% fats, 20% protein.

Doesn’t green tea extract contain caffeine?

I’m really trying to avoid caffeine as I just recently kicked a lifetime addiction to the delicious beast.

Yeah it kinda does…

You could look into cla based supplements

[quote]Evil1 wrote:
why a non-stimulant one? If you want to drop “as much fat as possible”, why not get HOT-ROX Extreme.
Basically: non-stimulant ones are not likely to be as powerful/effective as a stimulant one.

Plus, on the AD, increasing amounts of caffeine alone will increase the amount of lipids mobilized.

Option 2: Change to a high-rep TBT program, for greater caloric expenditure.

Option 3: Start your week with a day of 12xBW-10% intake w/ 80% fats, 20% protein.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the reply. I know non-stimulants won’t be as effective, but again, as a recovering addict (and I know that sounds silly to say about caffeine) I can’t do stimulants right now.

Can you explain what TBT is and also the reasoning behind option 3? Thanks.

Ok did a bit of searching. Total body training, got it. Not a bad idea.

Anyone else have any ideas on a non-stimulant fat burner?

[quote]bigdaddygypsy wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply. I know non-stimulants won’t be as effective, but again, as a recovering addict (and I know that sounds silly to say about caffeine) I can’t do stimulants right now.

Can you explain what TBT is and also the reasoning behind option 3? Thanks.[/quote]

If you decide to NOT do TBT, you could add in sprint work instead of cardio to your regular split.
I know what you mean about caffeine. I’ve been drinking the stuff since I was 7 (not kidding).

The high fat day theory says that such a day will push your body into ‘fat-burning’ faster by accelerating the rate at which the liver releases glycogen.
Note: I mentioned this only because you to maximize the loss in a short time period.

Other AD options:

  1. Kick off the new week with a depletion routine (there is a program by Jen Heath over in Figure Athlete)
  2. Reduce calories by 200-500 during the week.
  3. the morning after the carb-up do sprint work or 40 min of low intensity cardio (treadmill at 10" incline etc)

Stim-free:
A Caffeine Free thermo
Stuff with Forskolin, l-tyrosine

There is an old Cy Wilson article in the archives about ingredients in fat burners which might help you make a decision.

I have used Carbolin 19 and I think it worked great in helping me get leaner, also you can stack it with Seven for an added kick.

[quote]G87 wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/stimulantfree_thermogenics [/quote]

But that thread is a month old, so it doesn’t count. Lets just make a new one instead.

/sarcasm

[quote]elusive wrote:
G87 wrote:

But that thread is a month old, so it doesn’t count. Lets just make a new one instead.

/sarcasm[/quote]

I would’ve been more understanding of this tomfoolery if the question was worded differently, i.e. the OP hadn’t thought of looking up any of the words in the original thread/thread title. However, the thread titles are basically identical, so there really is no excuse.

Flameout…it contains CLA…it helps leaning out…Carbolin 19…

I did a search for thermogenics but that particular thread did not come up for some reason. I appreciated the read, however nasty the offering tone.

Thanks to everyone else for suggestions. I decided to go with Tonalin CLAs and Green Tea Extract. After experimenting with it for about a week I’ve seen none of the caffeine side effects I would otherwise get from a cup of coffee and I don’t feel like I “need” it to start my day.

4 lbs of fat lost in 7 days. Not too shabby.

[quote]bigdaddygypsy wrote:
I did a search for thermogenics but that particular thread did not come up for some reason. I appreciated the read, however nasty the offering tone.

Thanks to everyone else for suggestions. I decided to go with Tonalin CLAs and Green Tea Extract. After experimenting with it for about a week I’ve seen none of the caffeine side effects I would otherwise get from a cup of coffee and I don’t feel like I “need” it to start my day.

4 lbs of fat lost in 7 days. Not too shabby.[/quote]

Really?

The thread in question was on page 2 or 3 and came up in the first google search I did. Hey, I give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have to realise that after the Nth duplicate thread started by a new member, it gets a bit annoying.

A propos - today is day 8 on HOT-ROX EXTREME for me, and I’m getting used to the caffeine by now. I’ll probably have to go through withdrawal at the end of my usage, but it really is the best fat burner I’ve ever tried, bar none, and helps with cravings very well.

Is the Green Tea Extract caffeine-free?

CLA and T3 (san nutrition) is good…no stims…

I did a search for “non stimulant thermogenics” which may be why it didn’t come up. I can understand how it would get frustrating to have newbies keep asking the same questions over and over again. Mea culpa.

The green tea extract does have caffeine in it. I haven’t been able to puzzle out just how much in the brand I acquired, but I’m not feeling any of the side effects that I normally get from consuming caffeine, nor am I feel any addiction symptoms.

On a side note, I started this thread at 22% BF and am now at 19% BF.

Wow, 3% in a week? That’s pretty crazy, good going!

Slightly OFF-Topic, but I started a fat burner a few days ago. NOT HOT-ROX Extreme. I’ve used HOT-ROX in the past and felt it helped, but wanted to try this new one I’ve heard good things about.

Anyway, almost a week in, I can tell you already, it doesn’t kill cravings like HOT-ROX did (although cravings aren’t really a problem for me) and I don’t feel the thermogenic effects that HOT-ROX gave me (increase in body temp).

As for the fatloss, I’ve been steadily losing BF, but that is most likely due to my dieting and being in rythm.