T Nation

Non-Stimulant Pre-WO/Energy Supp

Does this exist? I’m pretty sensitive to caffeine and train at night, so supps like Shotgun destroy me! It would also be cool to have on hand at work. Even 1-2 cups of the office joe gives me jitters.

thanks

Not sure I can post other products here, but there is Brain Candy without caffeine you could look into? Wouldn’t really consider it a pre w/o stim though. I can’t afford to keep it in my stack, but I just had one today that my fiance never used and it gave me a great kick before class, and I’m still going strong!

hmm… would probably just do without the caffeine and focus on things for your brain/focus instead. ALCAR, Alpha-GPC, ginkgo, bacopa, huperzine A, vinpocetine.

Would also recommend some phosphatidyl-serine (400-800mg) post-workout to get cortisol under control and get you body ready for sleep.

Also, in the office maybe try drinking some green or black tea instead?

beta alanine 5g.

Double dose of neptune krill oil with preworkout meal.

Vit B complex with B3 B6 and B12

45 mins before try downing 1-2 litres of water in one go, you might feel sick for 10 mins but will feel amazing thereafter

honestly ive mimicked the Brain Candy formula with individual supplements and its some serious shit. even without any caffeine.

id give Brain Candy Caffeine Free a shot. it gives me all day energy.

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:
honestly ive mimicked the Brain Candy formula with individual supplements and its some serious shit. even without any caffeine.

id give Brain Candy Caffeine Free a shot. it gives me all day energy.[/quote]

Is it possible to give some details about this? Not sure if it’s allowed, but Brain Candy is some nice stuff. Can’t say it compares to my nootropic stack for classes, but I really enjoy it on off days or for work.

Power Drive is a really great product pre-training that has really stood the test of time. It can also be very benefitial to have post-training to aid in CNS recovery.

http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/Power Drive

One serving of Power Drive and 1-Capful of Alpha-GPC is a helluva drug and gives me a more focused energy than caffeine.

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

[quote]wannabebig250 wrote:

id give Brain Candy Caffeine Free a shot. it gives me all day energy.[/quote]

Is it possible to give some details about this? Not sure if it’s allowed, but Brain Candy is some nice stuff. Can’t say it compares to my nootropic stack for classes, but I really enjoy it on off days or for work. [/quote]

check in the brain boosters thread lol

Do any of you use these instead of coffee at work? Seems like nootropics would be a good idea.

[quote]Bingbeast wrote:
Do any of you use these instead of coffee at work? Seems like nootropics would be a good idea.[/quote]

When I had brain candy every day (today again actually) I never had coffee, unless it was decaf and social. With my nootropic stack I tend to have a shot of espresso now and than. I’m getting some blood work done though tomorrow for anxiety / focus problems, and it seems most drop the caffeine out of their stacks (from what I see).

Personally, I need to as it seems to be a trigger food for me.

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

[quote]Bingbeast wrote:
Do any of you use these instead of coffee at work? Seems like nootropics would be a good idea.[/quote]

When I had brain candy every day (today again actually) I never had coffee, unless it was decaf and social. With my nootropic stack I tend to have a shot of espresso now and than. I’m getting some blood work done though tomorrow for anxiety / focus problems, and it seems most drop the caffeine out of their stacks (from what I see).

Personally, I need to as it seems to be a trigger food for me. [/quote]

A trigger food?
Has caffeine interfered at all with the nootropics?

[quote]Bingbeast wrote:

[quote]KcThrows wrote:

[quote]Bingbeast wrote:

Personally, I need to as it seems to be a trigger food for me. [/quote]

A trigger food?
Has caffeine interfered at all with the nootropics? [/quote]

Sorry, I didn’t clarify to well on that. I meant coffee is a trigger food for me in terms of wanting other food (junk food).

I actually don’t like caffeine with my nootropic stack all the time though. Even small amounts now make me seem less focused and just more jittery. I wouldn’t be the best person to make a decision anyway based on the problems I’m still having.

Interesting. I’ve always felt that way about coffee too. Once I’ve had a couple of cups, it’s like my pallet changes for junk food.

[quote]Bingbeast wrote:
Interesting. I’ve always felt that way about coffee too. Once I’ve had a couple of cups, it’s like my pallet changes for junk food. [/quote]

I always blamed the sugar (regardless of the kind) but I enjoy espresso black and it’s the same thing. If I need a kick now, I’d much prefer caffeine tablets or the remaining spike ones I have.

I’m sensitive to caffeine as well, and I find L-Tyrosine to be a great pre-workout supplement. If you look at a lot of the preworkout formulations on the market, you’ll usually find it listed as a main ingredient.

I take it by itself, but if you’re going to get a premade concoction, Biotest’s Power Drive is a great bang for your buck. (Tyrosine is also its main ingredient.)

300-1000mg of coenzyme Q-10 per day.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
300-1000mg of coenzyme Q-10 per day.[/quote]

I do like Q10, taking about 400mg a day myself, but gonna move to a higher quality powder mixed with coconut oil (per BBB’s advice) soon. Never would consider it an energy supp as is though. Maybe with the higher dose!

Surge Workout Fuel works great for me. I dont like being hopped on caffeine at all.