T Nation

Non-Stimulant Fat Burners?

I’m currently using HRX, unfortunately, I seem to be really sensitive to stimulants, I have trouble sleeping if I take any in the PM and if I take 2 in the morning, I feel weird, kind of drained, no energy… Seems normal, as I do not drink coffee, never do drugs, no soft drinks, etc…

So my question is, what is the best non-stimulant fat burner? I’ve read a couple of things about sesamin, green tea extract, apple cider vinegar extracts, etc… and some good reviews about Damage Control Protocol (DCP), it seems to be a stim-free fat burner (or carb and fat blocker, whatever).

Anyone has any comments on these, or if you have any other examples, please tell me. Also, is there an existing product combining some of these things?

If you want HOT-ROX burning fat-loss without the stimulats, you could always try Maximum Strength HOT-ROX. It has a much less stimulatory effect.

Maybe I’ll try that in the future. thanks.

As far as i can tell, it does make a difference in fat loss, though

I continue my search, and found about 7-keto. Anyone has tried pure 7-keto supplements?

anyone else?

[quote]gogotheviking wrote:
I continue my search, and found about 7-keto. Anyone has tried pure 7-keto supplements?[/quote]

Beverly makes a decent product called Lean Out. I’d look into that, as a non-stim fat loss aid.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
gogotheviking wrote:
I continue my search, and found about 7-keto. Anyone has tried pure 7-keto supplements?

Beverly makes a decent product called Lean Out. I’d look into that, as a non-stim fat loss aid. [/quote]

Nice try, but it contains L-cartinine or something, which is illegal in Canada…

[quote]gogotheviking wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
gogotheviking wrote:
I continue my search, and found about 7-keto. Anyone has tried pure 7-keto supplements?

Beverly makes a decent product called Lean Out. I’d look into that, as a non-stim fat loss aid.

Nice try, but it contains L-cartinine or something, which is illegal in Canada…[/quote]
Isn’t L-Carnitine in a whole lot of beverages? I think it’s even in those Fuse drinks (bitch drinks for appetite suppression).

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
gogotheviking wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
gogotheviking wrote:
I continue my search, and found about 7-keto. Anyone has tried pure 7-keto supplements?

Beverly makes a decent product called Lean Out. I’d look into that, as a non-stim fat loss aid.

Nice try, but it contains L-cartinine or something, which is illegal in Canada…
Isn’t L-Carnitine in a whole lot of beverages? I think it’s even in those Fuse drinks (bitch drinks for appetite suppression).
[/quote]

Look what they say…

CANADA CUSTOMER NOTICE: Supplements containing L-carnitine can NOT be shipped to Canada due to Canadian laws. Customers in other countries need to check with their local laws.

ECGC isn’t a stimulant. At least I don’t think it is. The problem is that many green tea extracts contain caffeine. It’s possible to find one without it though.

I need to avoid stims due to high BP, so any info on non-stim fat mobilizers are of interest…Old school claimed stuff like apple cider vinegar, choline/inositol, etc…Bogus or not?..

I to am very sensitive to HRX. I get more amped up from that than Spike!

I switched to Maximum Strength HOT-ROX, and it doesn’t bother me at all. I can take multiple pills which is great!

besides that, beverly’s lean out is a great fat burning product.
cayenne pepper, Carbolin 19, and green tea extract.

Also try adding some sleeping aids, Charles Poliquin’s yin stack is great,
magnesium , phosphatdylcholine, taurine, taken twice before bed really calms the nerves.

OOOOH, im gunna try that yin sleep supp stack - thanks for that KEA.

As for the non-stimulant fat-burner, I have began experimenting with cayenne, taking 3 grams a day split in 3 doses, and I have to say I like my results thus far. I can noticably tell improved blood circulation, and elevated metabolism / “body warmth”, without the “amphetamine” effects of caffeine and other stimulants. I am also very sensitive to stimulants and even a Dr. Pepper at lunch/dinner will mess with my sleep and give me hypertension.

[quote]HandOfGod wrote:
As for the non-stimulant fat-burner, I have began experimenting with cayenne, taking 3 grams a day split in 3 doses, and I have to say I like my results thus far. I can noticably tell improved blood circulation, and elevated metabolism / “body warmth”, without the “amphetamine” effects of caffeine and other stimulants. I am also very sensitive to stimulants.[/quote]

Heartburn? Acid reflux?..

Equally important is which fat-burners are plain ol’ bad news…check out the expose section for an Shugart’s article on which “fat burner” ingredients are fraudulent/a downright rip off.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:

Heartburn? Acid reflux?..
[/quote]

Actually I am surprised to say I have had no problems with heartburn or acidreflux. But then again I never have had any issues with these, and I am a beast for the spicy food. I use tabasco like normal people use salt. Also I havent had any issues with the cayenne “leaving” my system either… But I guess its not for everyone.