T Nation

Non-Stimulant Appetite Suppressants

Has anyone had any luck with any non-stimulating appetite suppressants?

1 Like

Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.[/quote]

First let me think about having to up my caloric intake to 1200 per day.

OK–now, there is such a thing as a cutting cycle that would involve the need to cut calories.

Back to the 1200 thing. To HELP build mass. Is it possible to build ANY mass at less than 1200 cals per day?

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.[/quote]

I don’t really think this is a fair response. I’m also adding mass right now. But there does come a time for most people (especially if they’ve built themselves up correctly) when they need to strip away some fat. If this wasn’t the case, there wouldn’t be the Velocity Diet, the T Dawg Diet, or Maximum Strength HOT-ROX.

As far as non-stimulant appretie suppressants, I know of CLA. I’m not sure how effective it is. I’ve heard mixed results. But you might want to look into it.

EDIT-never mind. Obviously there is a point when one would want to lose fat and subdue appetitie. But I looked up you stats: 160, 5’7, bf = 6%. What are your goals? What are you trying to do? Unless that’s outdated, doesn’t seem that you’d want to lose fat.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.

First let me think about having to up my caloric intake to 1200 per day.

OK–now, there is such a thing as a cutting cycle that would involve the need to cut calories.

Back to the 1200 thing. To HELP build mass. Is it possible to build ANY mass at less than 1200 cals per day? [/quote]

My bad–I misread the post
Now I see that she has icreased by 1200.

That changes my response to just my middle paragraph.

Now I will add that if you made a 1200 cal per day increase, did you also majorly up your workout volume or intensity? That is a big jump at one time.

Hot peppers work pretty well, like a habenero. Decaff tea maybe?

[quote]DOOCH wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with any non-stimulating appetite suppressants?[/quote]

Hoodia works well. Don’t get source naturals brand–for some reason that brand for this product seems not to work.

1 Like

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.[/quote]

He’s obviously cutting.

The followng stack I have found quite effective for fat burning and blunting my appetite.

SUPPLEMENTS:
Bacopa Monnieri-Increases thyriod hormones-take 100-200 mg per day

Hoodia-Blunts appetite 200-400mg (twice a day on an empty stomach)

Chocamine- Blunts appetite and increases NE production (NE = Norepinephrine - a neurotransmitter that increases metabolism and the use of fat as a fuel source) 1 gram, 30 minutes before breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Thyramine- Increases NE production, same dosing as the Chocamine

Green Tea Extract- Enhances NE activity, same dosing as the hoodia

Well that is it for the stack but there are other possibilities such as: Simmondsin- which is a jojoba extract can help blunt appetite 100-500 mg before meals to help keep cravings at bay.

Magnolia Bark (a personal favorite) Helps fat leave fat cells and also helps lower cortisol levels.

Finally there is Scareolide which like our Carbolin-19 increases our levels of cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which activates enzymes and helps move fat out of the fat cells.

I hope this helps you somewhat, If you have any questions feel free to ask I check the board regularly and will post a speedy reply

1 Like

Oh yah,

Lots and lots of water

[quote]bdog527 wrote:
SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.

He’s obviously cutting.

[/quote]

ya think?
What was your first clue?

Christ.
For a cheat day I DON’T eat what I’m supposed to be eating, because eating 4000 calories clean a day is wearing on me, and he wants to curb his appetite.
How about willpower?
Eating high fiber?
Oatmeal works pretty well.
Psylium powder too.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
bdog527 wrote:
SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.

He’s obviously cutting.

ya think?
What was your first clue?

Christ.
For a cheat day I DON’T eat what I’m supposed to be eating, because eating 4000 calories clean a day is wearing on me, and he wants to curb his appetite.
How about willpower?
Eating high fiber?
Oatmeal works pretty well.
Psylium powder too.

[/quote]

Good for you, now what exactly is your point?

Simply because his goals are not your goals does not require you to go off on some sef-righteous rant. Obviously you missed the fact that this is a supplement forum along with nutrition.

Oh yeah genius, while your at it why don’t you explain to me how psyllium powder is not a non-stimulant appetite suppressant?

Christ.

[quote]bdog527 wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
bdog527 wrote:
SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.

He’s obviously cutting.

ya think?
What was your first clue?

Christ.
For a cheat day I DON’T eat what I’m supposed to be eating, because eating 4000 calories clean a day is wearing on me, and he wants to curb his appetite.
How about willpower?
Eating high fiber?
Oatmeal works pretty well.
Psylium powder too.

Good for you, now what exactly is your point?

Simply because his goals are not your goals does not require you to go off on some sef-righteous rant. Obviously you missed the fact that this is a supplement forum along with nutrition.

Oh yeah genius, while your at it why don’t you explain to me how psyllium powder is not a non-stimulant appetite suppressant?

Christ.[/quote]

I just didn’t see why you had to jump on SicTorn for making an observation–so I thought I might jump on you a little and see how you liked it. You didn’t.
Psyllium powder is pure fiber, which fills you up. Like drinking water, when you’re filled with fiber you don’t feel like eating.

And what self righteous rant did I fucking go on? Was it anything like the shitty little comment you made?

[quote]bdog527 wrote:
Oh yeah genius, while your at it why don’t you explain to me how psyllium powder is not a non-stimulant appetite suppressant?

Christ.[/quote]

Where did I say it wasn’t? I listed it as an appetite suppressant.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
bdog527 wrote:
Joe Weider wrote:
bdog527 wrote:
SicTorn wrote:
Is this a joke? I just upped my intake by nearly 1200 calories a day to help build mass… and you want something that will make you not want to eat? Huh.

He’s obviously cutting.

ya think?
What was your first clue?

Christ.
For a cheat day I DON’T eat what I’m supposed to be eating, because eating 4000 calories clean a day is wearing on me, and he wants to curb his appetite.
How about willpower?
Eating high fiber?
Oatmeal works pretty well.
Psylium powder too.

Good for you, now what exactly is your point?

Simply because his goals are not your goals does not require you to go off on some sef-righteous rant. Obviously you missed the fact that this is a supplement forum along with nutrition.

Oh yeah genius, while your at it why don’t you explain to me how psyllium powder is not a non-stimulant appetite suppressant?

Christ.

I just didn’t see why you had to jump on SicTorn for making an observation–so I thought I might jump on you a little and see how you liked it. You didn’t.
Psyllium powder is pure fiber, which fills you up. Like drinking water, when you’re filled with fiber you don’t feel like eating.

And what self righteous rant did I fucking go on? Was it anything like the shitty little comment you made?

[/quote]

lol-

If you want to be SicTorn’s personal defender knock yourself out. I’m done with you man.