T Nation

Non-Runners' Mile Times?

If any of you out there lift and DO NOT consider yourself a “runner”, but know what your one-mile time is, please post it here.

Part-time and indeed full-time runners need not apply. I’m just taking an informal poll on your times if you don’t run habitually but still know your approximate mile time.

Thanks guys.

I just ran two miles in a few seconds over 15 mins. I hate running, and presume this is not that grate of a pace

I ran a 5K a little over a week ago at an 8:13 pace. I believe my 1st mile was just under 7 minutes.

I only, typically, run intervals for cardio. I’m not much of a “runner”

When I was a runner (12 years in track) I did it in 4:45ish times…

Now, out of shape… gosh I think i’m 6-7 minutes if I push it otherwise its an easy 8 min if I jog.

i’ll go ahead and embarrass myself… I really don’t run much and I recently ran the mile in 8:03. I also felt like throwing up afterwards.

Im not a “runner” but i practice sprints and do HIIT for lacrosse. My mile time when we ran a mile 2 weeks ago was 7:38.

About 8 mins at 240 lbs.

[quote]derek wrote:
If any of you out there lift and DO NOT consider yourself a “runner” [/quote]

FUCK running. I don’t know my times… i hate that shit too much to care.

Last time I “ran” a mile. I did it in just over 8:30. I didn’t die, but felt like I was close.

Not a runner but I get Army-tested in the 2-mile run. My current time is 12:45. I run 3x a week, 4 at the most, and never for more than 30 minutes.

I can’t even drive a mile without breathing hard.

I used to run sub-six minute miles on the treadmill before workouts. I was told it would help me get ripped. I’ve got flat feet so it hurt like hell. Then I found out that running like that before lifting will hinder your progress and that with my total lack of foot arch It’ll cripple me. So I don’t run farther than 100 yards unless I’m gonna miss a flight or something.

[quote]daneq wrote:
derek wrote:
If any of you out there lift and DO NOT consider yourself a “runner”

FUCK running. I don’t know my times… i hate that shit too much to care.
[/quote]

Why post in a thread you don’t care about? That awlays pisses me off.

And thanks very much to those guys that have responded helpfully.

It depends, normally around 8-9 minutes a mile. If a bear is chasing me, sub 5 minutes.

I do HIIT 3x a week, but I hate running. I did 5:33 last Thursday.

I think we’re going to need a picture of you holding a shoe.

Back when I actually ran, I could do 1 mile close to 5 minutes. I stopped running for my bulk, and with the combined 70 lb gain on top of losing overall running endurance, I’d say 6 - 8 minutes. I’m not sure. I actually got a ton faster in short sprints due to a great strength increase in the legs from squats and whatnot.

[quote]drummerofgod89 wrote:
Back when I actually ran, I could do 1 mile close to 5 minutes. I stopped running for my bulk, and with the combined 70 lb gain on top of losing overall running endurance, I’d say 6 - 8 minutes. I’m not sure. I actually got a ton faster in short sprints due to a great strength increase in the legs from squats and whatnot.[/quote]

And that’s really why I am looking for these numbers. I’m trying to see what you guys are running who’ve actually added significant mass to thier frames.

6mins 7 secs a few days ago for a single mile.

I dont like running. I get sore/tight shoulders/traps when I sprint.

Jogging on the other hand is rather peaceful at a pace I can sustain for a few miles.

8 minutes, 30’ish seconds for me. I used to be a lot faster, but I stopped doing SS cardio for a long time, but I’m starting to get back into it.