"Non-Responder" - Over 10 Years of Training = Zero Profits

Which one?

Mine too. Instead of doing 8-10 hard weeks in a row, do 7, then a light/ easy week, then do 7 weeks of something else. Simple solution.

3 Likes

Cut volume way down then. Like to twice a week with RPE no greater than 6. Light, full body hypertrophy training - just enough to try and produce a growth response. Pump in a ton of protein and I hope you have access to a good endocrinologist to help with your hormonal issues.

As far as going hypoglycemic (sugar to low) with a ton of carbs, I have never heard of that in diabetic circles (and I am diabetic as is a ton of my family). Are sure it wasn’t hyperglycemia (sugar too high? more likely if eating that many carbs). If hypo after that many carbs you have hyperinsulinism (a very dangerous condition).

Also, how many years was the 40KG weight loss over? If you were losing that much weight and training hard I am not surprised your body said no after a few weeks.

2 Likes

Pull your damn shorts up. No one needs to see that shit.

That being said:

You have reaped tremendous benefit of losing a truly significant amount of weight despite the physiological obstacles.

Sorry you aren’t happy with the results, but happiness is an inside job.

10 Likes

I think about Stuart McRobert’s methods.

It was hypoglycemia. After eating, for example, a bowl of rice (120 grams), my blood sugar goes up and down quickly. If I eat, for example, 40-50 grams: it stays longer at normal levels.

Are you saying you’re currently using Stuart McRobert’s methods, or you will look into using them? If the former: which one of his methods are you using?

That’s hyperglycemia. I am assuming it goes up around 200 or so then crashes back down to normal levels.

40-50 grams per meal typically wouldn’t have a massively rising effect on blood sugar levels (typical recommendation for diabetic males is <60g carbs per meal).

Try to eat <60g carbs per meal and see what your glucose levels do.

Sounds like you need some medical intervention for control of these elements.

1 Like

2nd bump…

1 Like

Diet? Most often 160-220 grams proteins per day.
Rest is a carbs and fat.
When I eat more than 200-250 carbs a day - I get fat in my belly and lower back very quickly and have problems with sugar in blood and high insulin after getting up in morning.
I can easily gain 6-10 kg in a week/two weeks. Just start eating lots of carbs.

I tried fat diets - the effect is the same, bonus - strength drops.

Training?

I did different routines:
5 x 5
Rippetoe
Jim Wendler
Bro split
Lots of routines from oldshooltrainer . com

Angielski

My strength is always the same - 2/4 +/- kgs for training.
My lifts don’t go up, but they go down very easily - if I train hard.
If I don’t exercise = lifts go down 5-10 kg.
When I start again = they grow 5-10 kg and stop at a point.

This is my opinion, I could be wrong: everything in my life indicates that I am overtraining from “shit work”.

I had a lot of friends who trained with me in the gym - they didn’t even try, they ate whatever (some fast food shit) but their strength and muscles grew.

2-5 days of rest were enough for them, their muscles did not hurt.

Mine after 3-4 series of RIR 2-3 hurt for (sometimes) 2 weeks.

When I was making a classic, simple FBW with one schematic:

squat, bench press, OHP, rowing - 3/4 sets for MON/WTO/WED I had huge problems with overlapping soreness, at 6-7 weeks of such a cycle I always lost a lot of strength trying 1 rep for a lift.
I’ve never been able to add weight without lowering the reps.

Sleep? I sleep 10-11 hours a day, I’m sleepy all the time of day. My job is 6-7 hours in front of the screen and keyboard.

My every attempt to “bulk” ended up with:

• zero increase or decrease in strength
  • belly fat
  • another attempt at cutting after getting fat

I’ve been searching a lot lately and this seems to be similar to me:

SORRY FOR POOR ENGLISH!

What food are you eating?

1 Like

Way too many guys putting up shirtless pics with dick root.

7 Likes

Very often: cottage cheese, eegs, rice, lentils, bean, milk, nuts, chicken
Sometimes: tofu, milk, pastas, fish
Absolutly never: sweets, fast food, free sugar

I am surprised that my strength cannot move even 5-10 kg for 10 years for any lifts.
I’m still trying to find a solution.

Even if someone gains weight and builds fat, they also build muscle. I don’t build strength/muscles even when I gain weight.

I’ve even trained with high muscle level people in the past (one of them competed) - I wanted to compare myself with them because I thought “maybe I’m training wrong” or too little/too much.

Currently, I train despite the lack of progress, because I like it. In addition - it lowers my cholesterol, improves blood results.

My father, 55, after 2 months of training (not dieting, drinking alcohol, training like an idiot) made more progress than I did in 10 years. He can add weight in every workout and he always gets stronger.

I feel completely disappointed.

I am consistent enough to plan to do a gene test: ACTN and myostatin.

You eat zero fruits and vegetables and no redmeat whatsoever?

Milk is consumed both very often AND sometimes?

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

4 Likes

Alright, you are either not telling us everything (what I would bet my money on) or you have serious medical issues going on that would make you an extreme outlier in terms of human physiology.

Train less, eat more protein, and sleep at least 7 hours a day.

Edit: you don’t by chance happen to eat a lot of cool whip? I am getting some serious deja vu here.

7 Likes

Just an observation here after like 20 years of these kind of forum posts:

Maybe it’s not him that is the idiot. Nothing wrong with living life and having some fun while reaping the benefits of weight training.

However, there is something very wrong with living a life of personal austerity and enormous expectations without the results to match.

2 Likes

What is “whip”?

@T3hPwnisher milk sometimes* mistake, sorry.
Vegetables? Every day, a lot. My favourite part of food: carrot (only row), broccoli, tomatoes, onion, cocumbers.

Fruit? I have low blood sugar after them - hypoglycemia.

Today I tried my max for 1 rep in bench press. 53 kg (116 lbs).
3 kgs less than before the start of the 6-week cycle:

Strength decreased in all lifts.

MON/WED/FRI

• squat
  • rowing
  • squeezing
  • ooh
  • triceps
  • biceps

Body weight increased by 2.7 kg.

All but arms 3 sets x 10 reps with rir 2-3 except warm up (2 sets at 50% weight).

5x5 always made me weaker.
Unfortunately, I now know that 3x10 does too.

It’s the same every time.
**The more I give, the longer I train, the weaker I get. **

I read a lot of Greg Nucklos and Brad Schoenfeld. This sound like a me:

What’s telling, though, is the pattern of strength gains. All the groups gained a pretty similar amount of strength in the first 8 weeks. However, the nonresponders made almost 80% of their total strength gains in the first 8 weeks of the study and didn’t get much stronger thereafter, while the modest responders and extreme responders only made about 2/3 of their total strength gains in the first 8 weeks and were still gaining strength at a solid pace after 16 weeks.

This makes sense: Most of the initial strength gains you make in response to training revolve around neural adaptations; you do gain muscle, but you also get much better at producing force with the muscle you already have. The nonresponders could gain strength at the same pace as the modest and extreme responders for the first 8 weeks because their lack of hypertrophy wasn’t much of hindrance yet. However, after another two months, only the two groups with robust muscle growth were able to keep adding strength quickly.

My first weeks in the gym (2009) was a systematic increase in strength (without hypertrophy).
However, I never noticed any increase in muscle = I never had an increase in strength.
The lack of growth of muscle fibers limits the growth of my strength.

Shitty, vicious circle.

Groats mix: 340 kcal, 55 carbs

**My example

food at the end of day (the smallest meal):**

Cottage cheese: 98 kcal, 42 proteins

yogurt: 134 kcal,

Broccoli as an extra and oil from pumpkin (10 ml)

dfdfdf

In the last 4 months, I added 8-12 km of walking every day when I’m not in the gym, because when I eat a caloric surplus, I gain fat easily.
Angielski
If I ate like an average 30-year-old boy in my country, I would have been skinny with a huge pregnant belly long ago.
The whole family on my mother’s side has this figure - no muscles and a huge belly, and they don’t eat much. Everyone has diabetes (type 1 or 2).
I am the only one slim and healthy (thanks to diet and exercise).

Father’s family are tall and muscular people, an ecto-meso cross. My cousin is cut, sharp, over 42 cm in the biceps (16.5’')

My skinny-fat body today.
My body is ugly, but I see it as VERY GOOD because I know how much effort it takes me.
If I had done nothing, I would have ended up like my mother’s family - with diabetes and heart problems/hypertension.

Skinny-fat > fat

My dude, I keep trying to help and you keep not replying to the questions I am asking.

People are here ready to help when you are ready to do what it takes to get it. Otherwise, I believe hopelessness has several origin points.

2 Likes

I’m getting vibes of this

https://forums.t-nation.com/t/calisthenics-for-6-months-progress-slower-than-what-is-normal/

1 Like