Non-Growing Boy

LOL! When I saw this thread I thought the mods had come together and were plotting my exile. Anyway, OP in order to put the growing in growing boy you first and foremost have to be patient. All the supplement ads that claim that Billy Bob gained 50lbs of solid muscle in 3 weeks are all pretty, fabricated, lies. Other crucial factors in this equation is your training and your diet. Both of these factors, I believe, are completely user specific. Recovery is also important but people sleep almost all the same way, make sure you get 6-8.

My advice in regards to your diet is add an additional 500 clean calories to your diet. Do that for a couple of weeks and if everything is ‘cool and shit’ add another 500 and so on until you start noticing fat gain. Then you merely cut back. Much like everyone has an asshole, everyone has their own training philosophy/protocol. You have to figure out what works for you (which possibly is everything on your level). Do a little Dogg Poopp, basic high volume/medium weight, throw some Weider in there shit, all the while observing and listening to your body. Eventually out of the mix of all of them you’ll develop your own training style. Just don’t fall into a comfort zone and refuse to mix things up when you hit a plateau later down the road.

My conclusion and fighting words, Anything worth a fuck in life is always going to be the hardest thing to accomplish and do. Take pride that the norm considers obesity a standard and you’re merely pulling away from the herd. You are refusing to be just “okay”. Lift big and aspire to lift bigger and eat big and aspire to one day be bigger. Look at yourself now and the weights you move and visualize yourself bigger moving weights that you now consider anchored monoliths. All these factors tuned in and with a certain mentality gains are inevitable. I remember not being able to throw up the 50s for shit and not making weight no matter what I did. My course has an added physiological accelerator now but my genesis is no different than yours. Let frustration be your catalyst to propel the iron. Eventually you’ll catch yourself regarding the freak end of the rack your working weights and trying to gain when you’re tipping it at 105kg. Give it time and the gains will come. Cheers

-GB

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
LOL! When I saw this thread I thought the mods had come together and were plotting my exile. Anyway, OP in order to put the growing in growing boy you first and foremost have to be patient. All the supplement ads that claim that Billy Bob gained 50lbs of solid muscle in 3 weeks are all pretty, fabricated, lies. Other crucial factors in this equation is your training and your diet. Both of these factors, I believe, are completely user specific. Recovery is also important but people sleep almost all the same way, make sure you get 6-8.

My advice in regards to your diet is add an additional 500 clean calories to your diet. Do that for a couple of weeks and if everything is ‘cool and shit’ add another 500 and so on until you start noticing fat gain. Then you merely cut back. Much like everyone has an asshole, everyone has their own training philosophy/protocol. You have to figure out what works for you (which possibly is everything on your level). Do a little Dogg Poopp, basic high volume/medium weight, throw some Weider in there shit, all the while observing and listening to your body. Eventually out of the mix of all of them you’ll develop your own training style. Just don’t fall into a comfort zone and refuse to mix things up when you hit a plateau later down the road.

My conclusion and fighting words, Anything worth a fuck in life is always going to be the hardest thing to accomplish and do. Take pride that the norm considers obesity a standard and you’re merely pulling away from the herd. You are refusing to be just “okay”. Lift big and aspire to lift bigger and eat big and aspire to one day be bigger. Look at yourself now and the weights you move and visualize yourself bigger moving weights that you now consider anchored monoliths. All these factors tuned in and with a certain mentality gains are inevitable. I remember not being able to throw up the 50s for shit and not making weight no matter what I did. My course has an added physiological accelerator now but my genesis is no different than yours. Let frustration be your catalyst to propel the iron. Eventually you’ll catch yourself regarding the freak end of the rack your working weights and trying to gain when you’re tipping it at 105kg. Give it time and the gains will come. Cheers

-GB[/quote]

thank you for all the advices! its very usefull… AND for the motivation!

i think that i try on the peanut butter, could be good in the morning i think. just gotta eat BIGGER and see if i get BIG.

Funny, your chest and arms are the size of mine when I was 15. Granted I’m five ten, but still. The advice of the others guys is good, you should def take there words to heart!
How I put on size at your point was by focusing on two things, always trying to increase the weight/volume etc of a workout and by always trying to consume more food. By recording everything I did/ate, I was able to slowly increase in all areas, resulting in more muscle and strength all round!

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Statements 1, 2 and 3 fit beautifully together.

Statement 4 is a very very dangerous sentiment for anyone taking this seriously.

Kanada wrote:

1. i worked out from 14-18, never made great progress.
  2. i’m now 19 at 165.
  3. i’m not sold on the need to massively eat.
  4. you got lotsa time to be wrong

[/quote]

lol

[quote]aussie101 wrote:
Funny, your chest and arms are the size of mine when I was 15. Granted I’m five ten, but still. The advice of the others guys is good, you should def take there words to heart!
How I put on size at your point was by focusing on two things, always trying to increase the weight/volume etc of a workout and by always trying to consume more food. By recording everything I did/ate, I was able to slowly increase in all areas, resulting in more muscle and strength all round! [/quote]

cool! i think imm going to go totally hardcore whit the food now!
and then i thouhgt about trying a new program, but i just doesent know what program it should be, because it cant be TOO easy, but not TOO advanced either. any suggestions?
how many years have you bin training now, aussie101?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

Statement 4 is a very very dangerous sentiment for anyone taking this seriously.

Kanada wrote:

2. i’m now 19 at 165.

lol
[/quote]

x2

Why do people think you can build muscle out of nothing?

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

Kanada wrote:

2. i’m now 19 at 165.

lol

x2

[/quote]

whit “people” you didnt mean me, did ya?

[quote]Pagels wrote:
Itchy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

Kanada wrote:

2. i’m now 19 at 165.

lol

x2

whit “people” you didnt mean me, did ya? [/quote]

No, dude. I meant people like this Kanada fellow, who isn’t “sold on massive eating”.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Pagels wrote:
Itchy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

Kanada wrote:

2. i’m now 19 at 165.

lol

x2

No, dude. I meant people like this Kanada fellow, who isn’t “sold on massive eating”.
[/quote]

yeah, didnt really understand that eather. guess i gotta learn to listen to the “right” people.

[quote]Pagels wrote:
aussie101 wrote:

How I put on size at your point was by focusing on two things, always trying to increase the weight/volume etc of a workout and by always trying to consume more food. By recording everything I did/ate, I was able to slowly increase in all areas, resulting in more muscle and strength all round!

cool! i think imm going to go totally hardcore whit the food now!

and then i thouhgt about trying a new program, but i just doesent know what program it should be, because it cant be TOO easy, but not TOO advanced either. any suggestions?
how many years have you bin training now, aussie101?
[/quote]

I started weights at about 14 (I’m 20 now) so six years. I played alot of sport through school, for example rowing, which limited my size due to the endurance nature of the sport, so i’ve really only packed on the size for the last two years. Dieted down (single digit bf)

I’m only just above 80 kilos, at about ten percent, with abs visible but not defined i’m usually 90 (I lost way too much muscle to get ripped for summer imo).

Anyway yeah I found the simplest way to break through size/strength barriers is by just making sure you progress, in diet and training. Just write down what you do/eat, and always try and push out just one more rep. Taking it rep by rep is easier than simply going ‘I must lift more weight today!’

Add some nutient dense veg.fruit in to your diet, add some fish oil too - if nutrients are missing it will be harder to put on muscle.

[quote]plateau wrote:
Add some nutient dense veg.fruit in to your diet, add some fish oil too - if nutrients are missing it will be harder to put on muscle.[/quote]

ohh yeah i could eat some fruit.
sorry, forgot to tell that i take 1 multivitamin and 2 fish oil capsels to dinner

[quote]Pagels wrote:
plateau wrote:
Add some nutient dense veg.fruit in to your diet, add some fish oil too - if nutrients are missing it will be harder to put on muscle.

ohh yeah i could eat some fruit.
sorry, forgot to tell that i take 1 multivitamin and 2 fish oil capsels to dinner [/quote]

I eat bananas all goddamn day. They’re delicious and they don’t fill me up at all. Plus they’re relatively cheap and they come in a natural tamper-resistant package.

[quote]Kanada wrote:
add on: im not sold on the need to massively eat. eat enough protein to recover from working out, and then add in either the right mix of carbs or fat. there is no definite answer and everyone responds differently. for now, focus on post workout nutrition, lotsa protein, and build up from there based on results.
[/quote]

You are a fucking idiot.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Kanada wrote:
add on: im not sold on the need to massively eat. eat enough protein to recover from working out, and then add in either the right mix of carbs or fat. there is no definite answer and everyone responds differently. for now, focus on post workout nutrition, lotsa protein, and build up from there based on results.

You are a fucking idiot.[/quote]

I wanted to say it, but I guess I’m too nice.

OP, you say you don’t have much money to buy more meat. Do you still live at home? Can’t you persuade your mother to buy a little extra? Or steal some from your sisters/brothers plate when (s)he’s not looking :slight_smile:

A good cheap method to add more calories is whole milk. Drink at least 2-3 litres a day, preferably more.

[quote]BigDug wrote:
OP, you say you don’t have much money to buy more meat. Do you still live at home? Can’t you persuade your mother to buy a little extra? Or steal some from your sisters/brothers plate when (s)he’s not looking :slight_smile:

A good cheap method to add more calories is whole milk. Drink at least 2-3 litres a day, preferably more.

[/quote]

I second. A little whole milk and some olive oil should do the trick without making a big dent in the budget. Oh, and bananas. Don’t forget the bananas.

Its not that at all.
Underachievers get a kick out of asserting themselves on an e-forum as being opposed to the status quo, EVEN if the status quo makes sense and has been demonstrated in plenty of cases. Since they have nothing else to make themselves stand out, they try to stand out by having a “rebellious” opinion (Im not sold on the need for oxygen, brahhhh - woaaahh that dude’s like…a rebel)

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Pagels wrote:
Itchy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:

Kanada wrote:

2. i’m now 19 at 165.

lol

x2

[/quote]

yea, when i get the chance i DO do that, but its not something i usually get the chance to do. i pushes it as much as i can, when i say to mom if she can buy a little extra. thanks for the advices too.

drink a lot of milk, also often to the meals… i think i drink about 2 litres a day.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
BigDug wrote:

I second. A little whole milk and some olive oil should do the trick without making a big dent in the budget. Oh, and bananas. Don’t forget the bananas.[/quote]

If you like bananas so much, why don’t you marry them?