T Nation

Non-Growing Boy

Im 15 years old, and ive been training for about 1 year now. I have ofcourse bin growing a bit, but now, it is as if im stopped. im still looking skinny, and im not a noob that cant eat rigth, because i do, but i kinda think that its the training that isnt 100% good. usually i train different  split-programs, whit different exercises in it, and also an HST-program (if you know what that is).

my stats is:
heigh: 191
weight:85 kg (morningweight)
arms: 36,5 cm
breast: about 103-104 im not sure
and then i actually dont know the rest.
i got some pics so that you guys can se my form.

my question is: which program could i use now, to gain some mass?

I’m thinking you should try the eat 4-6,000 calories a day program. Start at 4,500, and if it’s not enough, take it up by 250 calorie incriments until you pack on mass.

If you don’t want to gain some fluff, forget about gaining mass.

eat clean, work hard with some kind of plan, and be patient. i worked out from 14-18, never made great process. then one day it started showing, and from 18 at 140 im now 19 at 165. seriously eventually you’ll break the barrier. most importantly, dont be afraid of criticism. chances are, you eating, training, form, everything will be better in 2 years, and i almost guarantee its not perfect now. always look for improvements to make

add on: im not sold on the need to massively eat. eat enough protein to recover from working out, and then add in either the right mix of carbs or fat. there is no definite answer and everyone responds differently. for now, focus on post workout nutrition, lotsa protein, and build up from there based on results.

this is obviously my personal opinion, i don’t claim its right, and many others will say massive eatin is the only way. just dont take anyones word as truth, experiment with yourself. you got lotsa time to be wrong

Heavy Cream FTW.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Someone your weight should be taking in a minimum of 4000 calories and 250 grams of protein daily if you want to see consistent gains in muscle mass.

Changing your training program isn’t going to make you gain weight faster… only FOOD can do that. The training you do just creates a demand. Your protein/cals are the supply that fills that demand and makes you grow.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Post up your daily food intake.

BBB[/quote]

well, i dont know exacly how much it is in gram’s and all that, but i can come up whit what i think it is in gram’s.

morning:
1 weightgainer shake 30g
oatmeal 100g (sometimes a little lesser)
milk 0.8-1 L

in school:
chicken or some kinda other meat. 100g
pasta 150g
water

in school again:
chicken or some kinda other meat. 100g
pasta 150g
water

after school:
1 weightgainer shake 30g
nuts (a hand full i think)
milk 0.4 L

dinner:
is different, almost always a little meat, vegetables, rice, sauce and stuff like that

after dinner:
shake’s like before whit milk in it.
nuts, same as before

thats about it, i think.

You should be patient. Remember that muscle gain comes in spurts, in case your training, eating and recovering right. You should weigh yourself every week (not daily, which is stupid), and combine that with mirror assessing, or better yet, bodyfat testing.

a picture more, so you can get an idea of my form

Statements 1, 2 and 3 fit beautifully together.

Statement 4 is a very very dangerous sentiment for anyone taking this seriously.

[quote]Kanada wrote:

1. i worked out from 14-18, never made great progress.
  2. i’m now 19 at 165.
  3. i’m not sold on the need to massively eat.
  4. you got lotsa time to be wrong[/quote]

i believe you could definatly eat a little more. and drink more milk. up the size of servings with the meat and milk. try drink 2 to 3 litres a day.
and whats this h.s.t program??? are you sure its not h.i.t? post it…

[quote]…aydn… wrote:
i believe you could definatly eat a little more. and drink more milk. up the size of servings with the meat and milk. try drink 2 to 3 litres a day.
and whats this h.s.t program??? are you sure its not h.i.t? post it…[/quote]

just more food, or could i eat something different?
cant eat more meat, i cant afford it, i am after all only 15, so my money doesent reach far.

[quote]Kanada wrote:
add on: im not sold on the need to massively eat[/quote]

Pics please. Or don’t make retarded statements like this on a bodybuilding board… especially for a skinny 15-year old looking to gain mass.

what about my food? something i could do different? or should just eat more than that?

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Statements 1, 2 and 3 fit beautifully together.

Statement 4 is a very very dangerous sentiment for anyone taking this seriously.

Kanada wrote:

1. i worked out from 14-18, never made great progress.
  2. i’m now 19 at 165.
  3. i’m not sold on the need to massively eat.
  4. you got lotsa time to be wrong

[/quote]

Seriously, it took this kid 5 years to gain 25 lbs and he still isn’t sold on the massive eating? Maybe he should get a membership card.

OP as everyone said, eat more.

Add more healthy fat sources, peanut butter etc. EVOO, a couple tablespoon’s throughout the day will add several hundred calories easily. Use fitday.com, i’m going to start using it to track my calories. When everything’s right on paper, there can be no excuses.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Add more healthy fat sources, peanut butter etc. EVOO, a couple tablespoon’s throughout the day will add several hundred calories easily. Use fitday.com, i’m going to start using it to track my calories. When everything’s right on paper, there can be no excuses.[/quote]

great, thank you!

think im going to upper the “dosis” of food in all meals untill i just cant eat more?. and then we will see what happens

the only problem is that i cant eat a damn thing in the morning. i just cant get that much down.

[quote]Pagels wrote:
think im going to upper the “dosis” of food in all meals untill i just cant eat more?. and then we will see what happens

the only problem is that i cant eat a damn thing in the morning. i just cant get that much down.[/quote]

Then take my recommendation and apply it to breakfast especially. I have the same problem. Calorically dense foods are your friend.

steroids,bagels,tuna,eggs!and some times taco bell tacos!!