Non-Fasted Cardio

Cardio in the morning does not work for me, it would make me drop from 6 hours of sleep to 5 and i get overtrained really quickly with that little sleep. Is cardio not fasted, during the day, still effective for fat loss? Is it going to actually burn any fat or just burn my last meal? I am talking about cardio in the 130-160bpm region.

BTW i don’t care for HIIT cardio, it also ends up in me being totally drained after 2-3 weeks. My workouts are Heavy and i do quite a bit of work to failure.

@ 5’10 / 165 how much cardio do you really need, especially if you are already lifting heavy w/ maximum intensity?

What is your goal?

Those are old stats, do they show up on my posts or did you look in my profile to read that?

My goals are to continue gaining weight, but to gain very very little fat (Best case scenario lose some). I believe fasted cardi0 would be best for this but everytime i try to do that i just screw my weight training up.

BTW to cut this off before it gets annoying i know i should expect to gain fat etc… Thats all garbage to me

If you don’t care about cardiovascular endurance, you don’t need cardio imo. For fat loss, reducing calories is much more efficient than steady state cardio. When bulking, cardio is even worse.

Focus on fine tuning your routine and diet for small progressive gains. It’s kind of an art.

You could do more walking if you feel you are gaining too much weight. Walking is not very intesive so it won’t over train you and it does help burn a little fat.

Non-fasted cardio is fine. Just keep the intensity in check if you’re lifting heavy and going to failure a lot. How many calories are you getting in during the day?

[quote]Popiapang wrote:
BTW to cut this off before it gets annoying i know i should expect to gain fat etc… Thats all garbage to me[/quote]

It seems like you already know what most people are going to say and you’ve made your mind up that it’s a load of crap.

Your occupation is down as a student. I think that is very ironic.

[quote]Popiapang wrote:

My goals are to continue gaining weight, but to gain very very little fat (Best case scenario lose some). I believe fasted cardi0 would be best for this but everytime i try to do that i just screw my weight training up. [/quote]

The best way to do that has nothing to do with cardio.

It’s lifting weight and eating clean.

And whether you do cardio fasted or not has nothing to do with fat loss.