Non Douche Watch Thread

I love watches. I can’t afford (well, I choose not to spend my discretionary income on) watches. But I LOVE watches. I thought this thread could be a little different (OK a lot) from SM’s thread to discuss watches some of us might have or particularly like, and most interestingly any stories behind them. The next one I post will be a family heirloom with a good story.

I’ll try to remember to wear a different watch each day for a few days to take a Welfie (watch-selfie? Think that will gain traction? Yeah, me neither).

This is my every day, all the time, LOVE my wife watch. It’s nothing fancy, but my wife got me this watch for our first Christmas together when we were dating. Every time I look at a watch in a store I can’t bring myself to think of actually buying it because I know I’ll just wear this every day. I only wear another watch if I’m doing something where I might mess it up or when I’m traveling.

I like the Breitling Airborne. Story? Went to the watch exchange; bought it. Lived happily ever after. Breitlings are my favourite watches. They’re the best in terms of workmanship and technology. The warranty even comes from a special hi-tech machine. I also like the Galactic with black face.

And about this “can’t afford” thing; that’s the real problem here isn’t it fellas? Otherwise it would just be, don’t like. Too flash. End of story.

Breitling Galactic with black leather strap. So quiet you can’t even hear the alarm(doesn’t have one of course).

I like Omegas too. Don’t have one yet though.

Well that escalated quickly

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
Well that escalated quickly[/quote]

Betas gotta bait. They want to be me but they can’t.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[/quote]

STFU

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[/quote]

STFU[/quote]

Ha ha! I guess you didn’t expect that I have “non douche” watches too huh? As I said, dress for the occasion. It’s not my fault the rest of you guys don’t have the disposable income, audacity and personality type to wear a bejeweled Rolex.

Rolexes also hold their value better than any other watches. Especially custom, one of a kinds. And only Rolexes constitute a status symbol in the way a Rolex does. And status = power. And power is manly like Toms and whiskey straight up with no ice. Ostentation also takes balls. It draws everyone’s attention to you and attracts flak from all sides. Just check out the other watch thread to see how much. Pretty funny actually. I should start a thread about my fur coats next time.

Anyway, so Seamaster…blue or black? Anyone have strong opinions on this? I’m pretty evenly divided on the matter so I’m prepared to hear both sides of the story. But I’m leaning towards blue at the moment.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

LOL

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[/quote]

I seriously doubt anyone here wants to be you.

Do you own a breitling? If you do, and are not extraordinarily well off this screams insecurity.

Who the fuck still wears a watch?

It is going the way of the pocket watch.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[/quote]

You must be American. Okay, listen up. There’s this thing we have in England and Australia and pretty much the rest of the world called “humour”. It’s a difficult concept for you guys I know. Here’s what I want you to do. Stop watching the US version of The Office. That’s not how it’s done. That’s lame. Watch the English version. And watch Fawlty Towers. If that doesn’t work I can’t help you.

Two. As I said, Breitlings are my favourite watches.

[quote]

If you do, and are not extraordinarily well off this screams insecurity.[/quote]

So you’re trying to bait me into saying I’m wealthy. Nice try. Surely you know it’s not polite to ask someone that and it’s not in good taste to answer such a question either. But I’ll give you a clue. I am unmarried, don’t intend to marry and I have no dependents. But how much money I have is none of your damn business pipsqueak.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

It is going to way of the pocket watch.

[/quote]

I do but purely for function. I buy a new Timex expedition every two years or so as the band and battery wear out.

It is my morning alarm and timer for exercise, cooking etc…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

Hate pulling my phone out of my pocket or whatever. Much easier and less of an ordeal to just glance at your wrist.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I like the Breitling Airborne. Story? Went to the watch exchange; bought it. Lived happily ever after. Breitlings are my favourite watches. They’re the best in terms of workmanship and technology. The warranty even comes from a special hi-tech machine. I also like the Galactic with black face.

And about this “can’t afford” thing; that’s the real problem here isn’t it fellas? Otherwise it would just be, don’t like. Too flash. End of story.[/quote]

Dude, I like your Rolex in the other thread. It’s how you wore it and your alpha paragraph is what made it douchey for me. But, yeah it’s a bad ass watch. Not the Rolex I would choose, but very nice.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[/quote]

You must be American. Okay, listen up. There’s this thing we have in England and Australia…
[/quote]

pri·ma don·na
Ë?prÄ?mÉ? Ë?dänÉ?/
noun

a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance.
synonyms: ego, self-important person, his nibs, temperamental person, princess, diva, pooh-bah; informaldrama queen

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[/quote]

You must be American. Okay, listen up. There’s this thing we have in England and Australia and pretty much the rest of the world called “humour”. It’s a difficult concept for you guys I know. Here’s what I want you to do. Stop watching the US version of The Office. That’s not how it’s done. That’s lame. Watch the English version. And watch Fawlty Towers. If that doesn’t work I can’t help you.

Two. As I said, Breitlings are my favourite watches.

Yes. I’m American and if that is what passes for humor I’ll pass.

No one here gives two shits how much you are worth. I guess if you use your watches to bait stupid young girls into thinking you have some value they are well worth the price.

You know who else is unmarried, has no intention to marry and no dependents? Your average homeless guy.

Who uses words like pipsqueak? Oh, I forgot you are a dandy.

@mbdix - Okay, but I was under the impression that an alpha kind of guy wouldn’t tell a douche that he’s a douche. Only someone who has ego problems or who feels insecure needs to do that. You know, I don’t feel the need to tell people with Down’s syndrome that they’re stupid. In fact, I don’t feel the need to tell any of you fellas that either.

Don’t feel the need to point out all the poor grammar and syntax. Don’t feel the need to name the village idiots and mock them. Because I don’t feel inadequate. So douchebag I very well may be(although I think you missed a lot of sarcasm and self deprecating humour) and feel no need to deny it. Certainly not to someone who feels so inadequate themselves they have to tell the douchebag he’s a douchebag. Make sense?

I’ll put it this way: if I was to give a shit that anyone here thought I was a douchebag, it wouldn’t be the guys calling me a douchebag. It would be the guys with enough character to not feel the need to say it.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

I do but purely for function. I buy a new Timex expedition every two years or so as the band and battery wear out.

It is my morning alarm and timer for exercise, cooking etc…[/quote]
Yea but you are old.

Most people use their phone.

lol

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

It is my morning alarm and timer for exercise, cooking etc…[/quote]
Yea but you are old.

Most people use their phone.

lol[/quote]

Get off my lawn!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

I do. Of course I am old. But I also don’t use electronics on Shabbos. I can look at it angrily when the Cantor is going long. Hence, true mechanical watches.

Yes, that’s mine. I will reluctantly out-douche SM.