Non-Athletes Watching Sports

like…guys who don’t lift yet look at bodybuilders? or, just guys who look at other guys bothers you?

thats cool, i dig womens sports

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I don’t get it. I know tons of dudes that go apeshit over football…i.e. every stat ever…and these are the same guys that I went to hs with…who had the chance to play but didnt try once.

what’s the motive for being passionate about something you refuse or refused to do yourself? Do you think you actually “know” the games you watch? Is it just something to do for social purposes? [/quote]

Yeah, I’m with you, Rock.

Just think about all those people out there who listen to music and don’t even play an instrument. I mean, people go apeshit over their favorite bands, collect their CDs, some people even have band t-shirts that they rock at the concerts (don’t be that guy…), and they never even joined band in HS.

Bunch of losers.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
The only thing that comes mind is guys who wear jerseys w/someone else’s name on it. Age 12 is the exact cutoff where that shit becomes really stupid.[/quote]

Sounds like someone has been getting his opinions from the man law.

It’s not stupid if you rock it backwards.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]thefederalist wrote:
Let me get this straight…your question is, why do people watch an awesome display of skill and athleticism?

not sure if srs…[/quote]

serial brah

I mean, if you bever did the activity in your life…why the attraction? I guess I’m too much of a purist…[/quote]

Ask the crippled guy in a wheel chair why he does it because obviously he never played the sport.

i am not a musician, but i like going to concerts.

I enjoy watching people make shit threads, despite the fact that I could never make a shit thread.

i played every major sport(football, basketball, baseball), but honestly I don’t like watching sports…

So, I’m the opposite of such an individual…

I will take a stab at this cause I played and I am a football fanatic to say the least.

Ct I think your problem is the overweight, out of shape, guy who never played stating things like “how can he miss that block I could do that, these guys are over paid” etc. What you are feeling is people criticizing play on the field when they obviously need to take a rest break just to go to the fridge to eat another pie?

Or maybe that is just me.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
I enjoy watching people make shit threads, despite the fact that I could never make a shit thread.[/quote]

hahahahaha…awesome

I have two Ray Lewis jerseys, two Ed Reed jersey, a Sean Taylor Hurricanes jersey and a Taylor Redskins jersey. Also have a Ray Allen Celtics (and Sonics), a Morneau Twins (gotta rep the Canadians). Don’t know why I get them, I just like the idea of “repping” my favourite teams and players. I think it comes with being a “diehard” fan.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I will take a stab at this cause I played and I am a football fanatic to say the least.

Ct I think your problem is the overweight, out of shape, guy who never played stating things like “how can he miss that block I could do that, these guys are over paid” etc. What you are feeling is people criticizing play on the field when they obviously need to take a rest break just to go to the fridge to eat another pie?

Or maybe that is just me. [/quote]

That’s the way I took it. A lot of the time, guys who play are prima donna assholes, but having played football all the way up through the semi pro level and lacrosse up through college you do get a little sick and tired of the guys who haven’t done shit running around screaming “We won! We won!” when all they did was sit at home and scratch their balls or criticizing and condemning you when you lose, even though you’ve done the best you can do and left it all out there. That guy wasn’t with you in the weight room at 5 am busting his ass and doing 2-a-days in 100 degree weather. That guy wasn’t the one lining up beside you in the pit with a cast on his forearm trying not to make a sound every time the 350 pound SOB across the line from him would ball up his fist and punch him dead in the cast. That wasn’t the guy thanking you for getting creamed to pick up the block he missed so that your QB wasn’t annihilated by a guy that outweighed you by 100 pounds. That guy wasn’t the one with a gash on his forehead bleeding all over the place from some asshole crosschecking him in the face mask or getting a lacrosse ball going 100 miles slamming into his gut because it was your job to guard the crease no matter what happened…

In that sense, Rock, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Ct. Rockula

totally agree.

espically 90% the sports talk show hsts. usually some fat slob that never played, always making negative comments about the home team that lost…
never played, but they sure now it all… by reading a book on stats and giving their expert opinion. that show mike and mike in the morning, the non athlets mike greenberg is 2-12 i think in his expert football picks. the other ex player is a bit better.

most fat experts that never played are also terrible at picking games… but they know it all. couldnt do a pullup to save their life, but know that the right guard did a bad job pulling…loosers. the ones that never played, but act and sound like they know it all.

In the original post he clearly said “guys who had the chance to play but didnt try once” - some of you seem to be ignoring this with hypotheticals about kids who got cut or were in wheelchairs.

I get where he’s coming from, when I was in high school I definintely didnt “get it” with friends who were so into sports but had never even TRIED it. I think by the time youre an adult tho, your interests may’ve shifted or changed. Besides, even if you did play in high school or college or whatever, yeah you have a different context, but it’s a bit Al Bundy-ish to be lording your 4 TD performance over your buddy who didnt play.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
In the original post he clearly said “guys who had the chance to play but didnt try once” - some of you seem to be ignoring this with hypotheticals about kids who got cut or were in wheelchairs.

I get where he’s coming from, when I was in high school I definintely didnt “get it” with friends who were so into sports but had never even TRIED it. I think by the time youre an adult tho, your interests may’ve shifted or changed. Besides, even if you did play in high school or college or whatever, yeah you have a different context, but it’s a bit Al Bundy-ish to be lording your 4 TD performance over your buddy who didnt play.[/quote]

I agree but I wouldnt be watching games with people who would be critical who didnt play or Al bundy types. That shows your character if you are hanging with this type of person.