T Nation

Nolva Dosages For PCT

I was reading an old article by Cy Willson, and he said he would use Nolva in 20-40mg./day dosages to prevent gyno and for other anti-E effects, but in 80-100mg./day dosages for its LH/testosterone raising effects. Do any of you guys use it in that high of dosages? Is it safe to use those kinds of dosages?

Thanks,

Crowbar

I am using it at around 90mg ed for the first three days of my pct starting today. Then I will bring it down to 20mg ed for a week and then to 10mg ed till my next cycle in 3 or 4 weeks.
DA

DA,

in that same article (“E-man VS. T-man”), Cy said that in one study no difference was seen in LH or testosterone levels with 5, 10, or 20mg./day. Apparently Nolva needs to be taken in at least 40mg./day dosages to be an effective LH/testosterone booster.

Crowbar

Do you really need to taper off of Nolva? What’s the logic in tapering off Nolva (and Clomid for that matter)?

Crowbar

nolvadex at 60mg ed is plenty to get your boys back to speed…I run 2 weeks of clomid at 150mg then 2 weeks nolvadex at 60mg and if I’m still not recovered I do 2 more weeks clomid 100mg.
BTW, 60mg nolvadex “feels” the same to me as 150mg clomid.

MK

Mike,

do you mean that you use Clomid by itself for two weeks, then switch to Nolva by itself for another two weeks?

When you say "60mg. Nolva ED, do you adjust to account for the citrate part of the molecule–i.e., 90mg. tamoxifen citrate=60mg. pharmaceutical Nolvadex?

Thanks,

Crowbar

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:
Mike,

do you mean that you use Clomid by itself for two weeks, then switch to Nolva by itself for another two weeks?

When you say "60mg. Nolva ED, do you adjust to account for the citrate part of the molecule–i.e., 90mg. tamoxifen citrate=60mg. pharmaceutical Nolvadex?

Thanks,

Crowbar[/quote]

crowbar,
yes, I use clomid exclusively for 2 weeks and nolvadex exclusively for the 2 weeks following clomid.
No I don’t adjust for the citrate part of the molecule…I have an ug labs nolvadex capsules that are dosed 20mg/capsule and I take 3/day.

MK

Thanks, Mike!

I like your dosing protocol because it cuts the amount of drugs used for PCT by nearly half–and I take it as a given that the less drugs you have to put in your body, the better.

I think I’ll try your protocol after my next cycle. It should work well I think, especially since I do short 4 week blitz cycles.

Thanks,

Crowbar

Day 1: 80mg
Day 2: 80mg
Day 3: 60mg
Day 4: 60mg
Day 5: 40mg
Day 6: 40mg
Day 7: 40mg
Day 8+: 20-40mg

That’s of Nolva, not of Tamoxifen.

To find out the equivilant dose of nolva multiply the amount of tamox you have by .6 (That’s a rough estimate but close enough).

STU

[quote]Sturat wrote:
Day 1: 80mg
Day 2: 80mg
Day 3: 60mg
Day 4: 60mg
Day 5: 40mg
Day 6: 40mg
Day 7: 40mg
Day 8+: 20-40mg

That’s of Nolva, not of Tamoxifen.

To find out the equivilant dose of nolva multiply the amount of tamox you have by .6 (That’s a rough estimate but close enough).

STU[/quote]

Tamoxifen is nolvadex, there is no difference, it is simply the brand name and the generic name.

Prisoner#22,

that’s true, but I think Stu meant that pharmaceutical Nolvadex takes into account the citrate part of the molecule. So, 10mg. pharmaceutical Nolvadex actually contains 15mg. tamoxifen citrate.

Crowbar

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:
Prisoner#22,

that’s true, but I think Stu meant that pharmaceutical Nolvadex takes into account the citrate part of the molecule. So, 10mg. pharmaceutical Nolvadex actually contains 15mg. tamoxifen citrate.

Crowbar[/quote]

No. 10 mg nolvadex contains 10mg tamoxifen citrate. As I said before, the two names mean the same thing. I am a RN I kinda know what I am talking about!

This is straight out of the FDA brochure on Nolvadex (I think they probably know what they’re talking about)

[quote]NOLVADEX_ (tamoxifen citrate) Tablets, a nonsteroidal antiestrogen are for oral administration. NOLVADEX Tablets are available as:

10 mg Tablets. Each tablet containst 15.2mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equivalent to 10mg of tamoxifen.

20 mg Tablets. Each tablet containst 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate which is equivalent to 20mg of tamoxifen.[/quote]

Sorry, P#22 I wasn’t specific enough. Yes tamoxifen and nolvadex are the same thing but you do need to account for the citrate part of the molecule if you’re dosing “tamoxifen citrate” rather than just “tamoxifen”.

STU

[quote]mikekatz wrote:
nolvadex at 60mg ed is plenty to get your boys back to speed…I run 2 weeks of clomid at 150mg then 2 weeks nolvadex at 60mg and if I’m still not recovered I do 2 more weeks clomid 100mg.
BTW, 60mg nolvadex “feels” the same to me as 150mg clomid.

MK[/quote]
Gotta tell ya MK I like your PCT! I’m going to run it on my next cycle.

Yes, I see what you are saying, however this is useless information as just about every drug has a binding chemical. many use citrate. This is how they are administered, there are standard dosing protocols, and the amount of active ingredient in each tablet is not considered, as dosing administered per amount of std tablet for the most part. For example, someone is going to get 20mg of nolvadex, not 20 and 2/5th of a tab to make up for the fact that not all of the formula is active.

[quote]Sturat wrote:
This is straight out of the FDA brochure on Nolvadex (I think they probably know what they’re talking about)

Sorry, P#22 I wasn’t specific enough. Yes tamoxifen and nolvadex are the same thing but you do need to account for the citrate part of the molecule if you’re dosing “tamoxifen citrate” rather than just “tamoxifen”.

STU[/quote]

You’re right about the tabs.

the issue is that if someone purchases “Tamoxifen Citrate” powder they need to take this into account to ensure accurate dosing as they need to dose themselves 30mg of TC to get 20mg of nolvadex.

[quote]Prisoner#22 wrote:
Yes, I see what you are saying, however this is useless information as just about every drug has a binding chemical. many use citrate. This is how they are administered, there are standard dosing protocols, and the amount of active ingredient in each tablet is not considered, as dosing administered per amount of std tablet for the most part. For example, someone is going to get 20mg of nolvadex, not 20 and 2/5th of a tab to make up for the fact that not all of the formula is active.

Sturat wrote:
This is straight out of the FDA brochure on Nolvadex (I think they probably know what they’re talking about)

Sorry, P#22 I wasn’t specific enough. Yes tamoxifen and nolvadex are the same thing but you do need to account for the citrate part of the molecule if you’re dosing “tamoxifen citrate” rather than just “tamoxifen”.

STU

[/quote]

Pharmaceutical Name: Tamoxifen (as citrate)
Molecular weight of base: 371.5212
Molecular weight of ester: 192.125 (citric acid, 6 carbons)

i guess you could use that to calculate the weight of base, although i am quite sure that the dosing is based on total weight rather than just that of the base

[quote]crowbar524 wrote:
Prisoner#22,

that’s true, but I think Stu meant that pharmaceutical Nolvadex takes into account the citrate part of the molecule. So, 10mg. pharmaceutical Nolvadex actually contains 15mg. tamoxifen citrate.

Crowbar[/quote]

nevermind, that just about covers it all