Nolva & Clomid

noob question, both nolva and clomid are used as a pct. why is it that people only use nolva during their cycle for gyno effects, but not clomid? is nolva more effective against gyno?

im asking becuase whenever my diet slacks or i drink to much alcohol, my natural gyno seems to flair up a little. and since im going away to college in 2 weeks i figure im going to be drinking a fair bit more than i am now, and i want to know what i should bring, nolva or clomid?

and also, will clomid increase natural test domino effect even though my hpta is fine? any sides?

Nolva has a particular affinity for the breast tissue. Clomid does not.

will clomid increase my natural test production? ive never done a cycle, and im not coming off of one, so i dont need to jumpstart my hpta. i wouldnt mind producing even more test then i already have. if it does do this, and still works as an anti E then i think clomid would be my choice.

consider my current situation though, drug free.

bump

bump

bump

I can’t imagine it making that much more test.

Wouldn’t an Aromatase Inhibitor be more along the lines of what you mean (i.e. block aromatizing and increase free test)?

Although I won’t say whether you should do it or not (I think you shouldn’t).

“Clomifene acts by inhibiting the action of estrogen on the gonadotrope cells in the anterior pituitary gland. Since the estrogen receptors are prevented from recycling, the body perceives estrogen levels to be falsely lower than they actually are. As a result, the body releases more gonadotropin-releasing hormone from the hypothalamus, which drives the pituitary secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), leading to a higher rate of ovulation and hence pregnancy.”

“Gonadotropin-releasing hormone 1 (GNRH1), also known as Luteinising-hormone releasing hormone (LHRH), is a peptide hormone responsible for the release of FSH and LH from the anterior pituitary. GNRH1 is synthesized and released by the hypothalamus.”

"Luteinizing hormone (LH, also known as lutropin) is a hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.

* In the female, an acute rise of LH the LH surge triggers ovulation.

* In the male, where LH had also been called Interstitial Cell Stimulating Hormone (ICSH), [b]it stimulates Leydig cell production of testosterone[/b]."

Also, if by some miracle you become pregnant, you’ll have a higher chance of having twins. Food for thought, if you ever wake up with a vagina. Although that only happens to the British, so you should be safe.

EDIT: Edited to highlight the key parts for anyone reading this.

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
will clomid increase my natural test production? ive never done a cycle, and im not coming off of one, so i dont need to jumpstart my hpta. i wouldnt mind producing even more test then i already have. if it does do this, and still works as an anti E then i think clomid would be my choice.

consider my current situation though, drug free.[/quote]

I’ve never done a cycle either, so this is opinion from research.

to me, if I was going to screw with my endocrine system by administering something like clomid, I’d rather just do a cycle of test.

I mean if you are going to change your body’s homeostasis why waste time by just adding in an anti-E like clomid?

I have seen in some other threads that people might take an AI such as adex year round. I believe InTheZone brought that up a while back. I have no research in that… yet. so if you’d like you can look that up.

hope that helps.

DG

good info guys, thank you

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I can’t imagine it making that much more test.

Wouldn’t an Aromatase Inhibitor be more along the lines of what you mean (i.e. block aromatizing and increase free test)?

Although I won’t say whether you should do it or not (I think you shouldn’t).

“Clomifene acts by inhibiting the action of estrogen on the gonadotrope cells in the anterior pituitary gland. Since the estrogen receptors are prevented from recycling, the body perceives estrogen levels to be falsely lower than they actually are. As a result, the body releases more gonadotropin-releasing hormone from the hypothalamus, which drives the pituitary secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), leading to a higher rate of ovulation and hence pregnancy.”

“Gonadotropin-releasing hormone 1 (GNRH1), also known as Luteinising-hormone releasing hormone (LHRH), is a peptide hormone responsible for the release of FSH and LH from the anterior pituitary. GNRH1 is synthesized and released by the hypothalamus.”

"Luteinizing hormone (LH, also known as lutropin) is a hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.

* In the female, an acute rise of LH the LH surge triggers ovulation.

* In the male, where LH had also been called Interstitial Cell Stimulating Hormone (ICSH), [b]it stimulates Leydig cell production of testosterone[/b]."

Also, if by some miracle you become pregnant, you’ll have a higher chance of having twins. Food for thought, if you ever wake up with a vagina. Although that only happens to the British, so you should be safe.

EDIT: Edited to highlight the key parts for anyone reading this.[/quote]

women on clomid have a better chance at having twins???

Interesting being my boss’ wife had twins and I know what he was taking…maybe she took some too??? lol

i find that humorous LOL

DG

Clomifene can lead to multiple ovulation, and hence increasing the chance of twins.

Which means Renton should stay away from it.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Clomifene can lead to multiple ovulation, and hence increasing the chance of twins.

Which means Renton should stay away from it.[/quote]

wow i think thats hilarious.

It could just be coincidence or by chance she had twins, or maybe…lol

I think I’ll ask if both of them where taking clomid at the time…

That’s kinda funny to see science proven like that without even knowing it. lol

DG

[quote]Dylanj wrote:

consider my current situation though, drug free.[/quote]

Clomid can increase natty test but so can tamoxifen. Given your situation Tamoxifen seems to be the better choice for you. Also be weary of the idea of running an AI/SERM long term as a means to increasing natural test. It might look good on paper but in real life practice it is often anything but

[quote]saps wrote:
Dylanj wrote:

consider my current situation though, drug free.

Clomid can increase natty test but so can tamoxifen. Given your situation Tamoxifen seems to be the better choice for you. Also be weary of the idea of running an AI/SERM long term as a means to increasing natural test. It might look good on paper but in real life practice it is often anything but[/quote]

fantastic! thanks a million!