Nolva Advice Please

Hey guys, I have been researching this stuff a lot. I’ve made the decision that I want to compete next year, as I am a fairly big guy naturally, I would like to have the same edge that everyone else will have for the show I will be competing in.

So that assists my decision to start a cycle of testosterone. I am going to run 500 mg a week for 10 weeks. Now my question is; I am nervous about getting gyno, so I was thinking of taking Nolva throughout the whole cycle to help prevent that. Is it worth it to do that? Thank you.

People don’t use SERMs for that purpose anymore really, only for PCT. Nowadays, people use AI compounds for bloat control and gyno prevention, namely Arimidex, Aromasin, and Letrozole. Checkout the SERM and AI sticky: Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness

Thanks BL4DE.

[quote]BL4DE wrote:
People don’t use SERMs for that purpose anymore really, only for PCT. Nowadays, people use AI compounds for bloat control and gyno prevention, namely Arimidex, Aromasin, and Letrozole. Checkout the SERM and AI sticky: Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness
[/quote]

While the advice here is ostensibly good, specifically, an AI is used for estrogen control, and this encompasses a lot more than just bloat and gyno. An on-cycle aromatase inhibitor should be considered an absolutely essential part of any cycle including aromatizing steroids (certainly any test cycle).

Get your nolva before you ever start, too, but save it for PCT.

Thanks Cortes, yeah I definitely wouldn’t start the cycle til I have the things I need. So what is the best aromatase inhibitor then that I should use?

I like arimidex (anastrozole) for a first cycle. Though some guys seem to feel they get more effective estrogen control from aromosin. If you have proper arimidex there is no way on Earth you should have any estrogen issues. I now like having letrozole on hand, and using arimidex on-cycle but switching over to letro when I have issues that arimidex isn’t quite effective enough for. But I also use a bunch of different drugs and peptides at once, and I don’t think this is necessary for simpler cycles.

Cortes - why do you choose arimidex over letro?

Letro tends to too easily drive estrogen too low. With arimidex, it is a lot harder to achieve this, yet it provides plenty of estrogen control for most cycles.

I was using exclusively letro as an AI for a while, but arimidex is a lot milder, and I now prefer it. Keeping letrozole on hand at all times for emergencies.

Thanks Cortes for the information. So your saying I should use Arimidex if I choose to use an AI, but it’s not necessary? So all I would need for the cycle then would be Test and Nolva? So if you were me, knowing what you know now, would you use an AI for my cycle?

[quote]anchor7 wrote:
Thanks Cortes for the information. So your saying I should use Arimidex if I choose to use an AI, but it’s not necessary? So all I would need for the cycle then would be Test and Nolva? So if you were me, knowing what you know now, would you use an AI for my cycle?[/quote]

It has been recommended that you run your cycle with an AI. Your question was which AI he recommends and he is saying that it is Arimidex because it is mild. Keep Letrozole (the less mild one) on hand for emergencies like if you’re still growing tits with Arimidex.

Thanks, yeah I know, he just mentioned that its not needed for simpler cycles, so I was just wondering.

Letrozole is not essential for simpler cycles.

Here’s a quote from my first post on this thread:

“An on-cycle aromatase inhibitor should be considered an absolutely essential part of any cycle including aromatizing steroids (certainly any test cycle).”

You should have all of your test, arimidex and nolvadex on hand before you take your first injection.

Thanks Cortes, your a major help to me. If it weren’t for you, I would’ve only been using Test and Nolva. Thanks again, much appreciated.

I made the mistake of not running an AI on my first cycle. I’m not sure how “open” you are about AAS use, but when I gained all that weight really fast nearly everyone that knows me suspected I was using gear. Not good when you want to keep it a secret. Then, as the bloat wears off, you feel like you’re losing your gains.

Even if you know in your head it’s bloat it’s still hard not to be demoralized by it because you’re used to the size you’ve seeing in the mirror everyday. The other day I was looking at photos that were taken of me towards the end of my cycle and thought it would be really nice if I were still that big, haha. I imagine it feels MUCH better to keep most of your gains post-cycle.

[quote]anchor7 wrote:
Thanks Cortes, your a major help to me. If it weren’t for you, I would’ve only been using Test and Nolva. Thanks again, much appreciated.[/quote]

No worries, man. Glad I could help!

[quote]BL4DE wrote:
I made the mistake of not running an AI on my first cycle. I’m not sure how “open” you are about AAS use, but when I gained all that weight really fast nearly everyone that knows me suspected I was using gear. Not good when you want to keep it a secret. Then, as the bloat wears off, you feel like you’re losing your gains.

Even if you know in your head it’s bloat it’s still hard not to be demoralized by it because you’re used to the size you’ve seeing in the mirror everyday. The other day I was looking at photos that were taken of me towards the end of my cycle and thought it would be really nice if I were still that big, haha. I imagine it feels MUCH better to keep most of your gains post-cycle.[/quote]

Yeah, I only told a few of my close friends that I’m going to be running a cycle soon, they thought it was cool and just said to be safe and make sure I know what I am doing. Is the bloat you experience like a watery bloat or just like a beastly bloat lol?

[quote]anchor7 wrote:

Yeah, I only told a few of my close friends that I’m going to be running a cycle soon, they thought it was cool and just said to be safe and make sure I know what I am doing. Is the bloat you experience like a watery bloat or just like a beastly bloat lol?

[/quote]

I absolutely despise bloat. Some guys are cool with it, but I guess I’m too much of a pretty boy. When it’s bad, it basically feels like your entire body is heavy and pressurized. I feel pressure behind my eyes and in my abdomen. You smooth right out and it looks like nothing less than putting on a bunch of fat in just a few days. Worst of all, for me, anyway, my face puffs up, creating a double-chin, rounded, soft face, and the skin around my eyes puffs out, causing my eyes to sink in and creating a bunch of under-eye wrinkles and crows feet that are never there. Basically looks like I put on 7 years and 15lbs of fat.

Luckily, bloat is easily controlled with proper attention to carbs, regular cardio, enough rest, and good use of an AI.

Damn, that sounds intense, I am going to make sure I get that Arimidex now, haha.

For me, while on cycle, I did feel very fat but my muscles also seemed much fuller. Having my face bloat sucked. Not only did it significantly change my appearance and make me look fatter, but even my motorcycle helmet become very tight and uncomfortable.

Oh, also when I bloated most of my clothes stopped fitting. I remember not being able to get my leg halfway into a pair of jeans that just fit fine a few weeks before. It sucks having to buy clothes that you know will be too big for you in a month or two.

Haha yeah, I already have a problem with jeans since my legs are big, they always ride up my crotch, I usually just wear like Nike sweats or whatever, something loose.