Nolan Ryan Whoopin Robin Ventura's Ass

Today is the anniversary of 20 something year old Ventura running out to the mound and getting his punk ass beat by 46 year old Nolan Ryan. I love it. One thing I had forgotten, Ryan wasn’t ejected. He got to stay in the game. If that happened today he would have been ejected, suspended, sent to anger management class and sensitivity training. Nolan Ryan = American Badassery.

I remember when this happened. Can’t do it justice without the picture!

Pretty sure this was the front cover of Sports Illustrated.

wish i had the money, LOVE Nolan Ryan.

Love Nolan Ryan, but punching another dude on the crown of his head with your pitching hand isn’t badass, it’s fucking stupid.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
Love Nolan Ryan, but punching another dude on the crown of his head with your pitching hand isn’t badass, it’s fucking stupid.

[/quote]

Come on, man. It’s not that any actual pain was inflicted or damage done, but it’s the symbolism behind an old ass man (a legend in MLB) taking it to some 20 something yr old kid. No one is going to suggest NR starts competing in the UFC anytime soon.

He threw a 5 hitter that night,

Look at the pic - he is biting his tongue lol

Not the finest moment for my Pale Hose, but what a blast seeing Bo out there.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
but what a blast seeing Bo out there. [/quote]

Yep. Half those guys are damn lucky he didnt get pissed and was just playing peacekeeper

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

Come on, man. It’s not that any actual pain was inflicted or damage done, but it’s the symbolism behind an old ass man (a legend in MLB) taking it to some 20 something yr old kid. No one is going to suggest NR starts competing in the UFC anytime soon. [/quote]

Yeah I would agree that if your Nolan Ryan and your using your pitching hand to bludgeon someone with it is a bad idea but, I don’t think he had a whole lot of time to consider it. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. However, I would venture a guess that this was not the first time NR had been involved in an ass whipping.

well holy shit, something interesting actually happened in a game of baseball

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

Yep. Half those guys are damn lucky he didnt get pissed and was just playing peacekeeper[/quote]

Yeah, I didn’t see anyone looking to go after Bo or Frank Thomas. War Damn Eagle indeed. I also like how the announcers start calling it like a boxing match and talking about who gets in good licks and upper cuts.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

Come on, man. It’s not that any actual pain was inflicted or damage done, but it’s the symbolism behind an old ass man (a legend in MLB) taking it to some 20 something yr old kid. No one is going to suggest NR starts competing in the UFC anytime soon. [/quote]

I’m with you on that, and love the way he got after it with absolutely no hesitation at all. It just wasn’t much of an ass-whoopin IMO.

[quote]OldOgre wrote:

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

Yep. Half those guys are damn lucky he didnt get pissed and was just playing peacekeeper[/quote]

Yeah, I didn’t see anyone looking to go after Bo or Frank Thomas. War Damn Eagle indeed. I also like how the announcers start calling it like a boxing match and talking about who gets in good licks and upper cuts.[/quote]

I completely forgot Vincent and Frank. I’d take those 2 vs the rangers starting 9 in a fight.