T Nation

Nocturnal Wood - New Test results

I am having a problem that many might wish for....but enough is enough.

Basic information as per Sticky

-age 62
-height 5'11"
-waist 33
-weight 157

-describe body and facial hair = Very little Body or Facial Hair - but could be due to the fact that I am 1/4 American Indian. Since beginning T my facial hair growth rate has about tripled

-describe where you carry fat and how changed - Generally carry weight in stomach - I was on a diet before beginning T and have seen muscle mass improvement and some water retention near the end of two weeks

-health conditions, symptoms [history] - Hypogonadism - Enlarged Prostrate

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever - I had taken Flomax but discontinued after 3 years - seemed to cause lack of libido and ED

-describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets] - Balanced low calorie diet of 1,200 calories per day. I have lost 30 Pounds over the past 4 months

-describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training] 1/2 hours per day -

-testes ache, ever, with a fever? None

-how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed === gone from never having morning erections to loosing sleep because I start getting them at 3:00 AM and have to get up to walk around to get rid of them in order to get some sleep.

I have been on TRT for 3 months. Like many others my Dr. started me at 200mg T Cypionate
every two week. I had the clinic give me my first shot but have been self injecting since.

Prior to beginning TRT my numbers were as follows:

Testosterone Free 35.6 range 35.0 - 155.0
Testosteron UltraSen 194 range 250 - 1100

First month was fantastic except I would awaken 4 or 5 times a night.

After about a month I started getting erections starting at 3:00 AM that just wouldn't go away unless I got up and walked around abit. I will loose the wood and be able to fall back asleep only to be awoken again by another one. This has been going on everynight for 2 months now.

I just had a test to see what my numbers looked like -

Latests results from LabCorp

Testosteron Free 27.2 HIGH range 6.6 - 18.1
Test Ultra 998 range 347 - 1197
Estradiol 26 range 03 - 70

Last week prior to receiving the above results I had decided to shift to drop to 100mg per week.

I am now thiking my T levels are too high and thinking of shifting to weekly injections of 50 mg -

Any recommendations appreciated.

Troy

Read the protocol for injections sticky.

You injected 200mg/week? That would be 1ml of 200mg/ml testosterone.

When are labs taken relative to prior injection? Timing matters!

Your lab ranges have been aged adjusted. From a youthful level point of view you have normal high levels.

Standard dose is 100mg/week and you will do better injecting more often than once a week. You could try 75mg/week and see how you manage with that.

Thank you for your reply.

I have been injecting 200 mg (1 ml) every TWO weeks.

After reading this forum I decided last week to shifting to 100 mg Weekly

My first tests before starting Test Cyp were taken at 9:00 AM

My second tests were taken 7 days after my 200mg injection at 9:00 AM fasting.

I will try 75 mg starting on my next injection on Friday and give some feedback. My doctor is pretty open to working with me and had advised playing around with the dose until I feel comfortable.

At this poing I have lots of energy, some roller coster emotially near the end of a two week cycle (which was the reason I went searching the internet and found this great forum). Happy with my libido.

ok, so you had T levels of 27 (way over the top) 7-days AFTER your injection... just think what it was 3 days after? instead of 50 or 75 mg weekly, why not try 35mg every 3 days?

I will give 35mg E3D a try, it would probably be easier to fine tune on a E3D schedule. I ordered some 1 ml syringes today.

If I calculate correctly a 35mg T Cyp (200mg/1Ml) will be .175 ml. Please correct me if my calculation is wrong.

sounds right.

You won't be able to dose .175 mL very easily...better to bump it up or down to the nearest number that ends in a 0 or 5...Probably .2 mL (20 iu)

follow the advise and read the stickies, because all of it is really good. and it'll probally even you out
and the errections will back off some.

Thanks for all of the great posts.

I have been been on vacation for the past two weeks and have begun injecting E3D. I am currently dosing at 30mg E3D. It has helped with the nocturnal erections. I am now only having to get up 3 times a night to get rid of them. I am scheduled for a complete blood workup in a couple of weeks. It will be interesting to see what my levels are.

I have almost talked my Dr into hCG. He wants to see the results of my labs first. He seems to be totally ignorant of Arimidex.

The symptoms I am currently noticing are the following -

1. Testicles have shrunk by about 25% since starting T
  2. Semen has reduced significantly.
  3. Decline in mood.

I decided to try the complete TRT Protocol and ordered hCG and Arimidex today.

I am still working on getting my nocturnal erection problem under control - I have shifted to E3D of Testosterone Cyp and have been gradually dropping the dosage.

At 40 mg E3D I have to get up 10X a night a walk around to get rid of the problem so I can fall back to sleep.
At 20 mg E3D I am still getting up about 8X a night

I am going to drop to about 15mg E3D starting tomorrow.

My body has a tendency of being very sensitive to all drugs. I usually start at 1/2 whatever the doctor prescribes until I see how I will respond.

As soon as I get the dosing to a comfortable level I am going back in for my Labs.

I am currently at a low dose of 15mg E3D of Test Cyp and only awaken 3-4 times a night. I am also taking 250 mg of HCG EOD.

Just got my Blood Work after being on TRT for 4 months.

Neutrophils %, automated count 48 41 - 79 %
Lymphocytes %, automated count 41 13 - 44 %
Monos %, auto 9 5 - 14 %
Eosinophils %, automated count 1 0 - 6 %
Basophils %, automated count 1 0 - 2 %
Neutrophils auto count 2.8 2.1 - 7.4 K/uL
WBC COUNT 5.8 3.5 - 12.5 K/uL
Red blood cells count 5.13 4.10 - 5.70 M/uL
Hgb 15.6 13.0 - 17.0 g/dL
Hematocrit 45.4 39.0 - 51.0 %
MCV 89 80 - 100 fL
RDW, RBC 13.4 12.0 - 16.5 %
Platelets count 248 140 - 400 K/uL
Bilirubin, total 0.6 0.2 - 1.2 mg/dL
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 61 37 - 117 U/L
ALT 10 < 36 - U/L
Testosterone Ultrasensitive 290 250-1100
Testosterone Free 73.6 35.0 - 155
E2 6 3 - 70 pg/ml
SHGB 21.2 19.3 - 76.4 nmcl/L

Even though my T seems low my Free T seems to be mid range. I am feeling good, but not as good as I did with a T level in the 900's but energy and libido.

Is my E2 too low? I was expecting my E2 to be higher due to the fact that I am using HCG. I am not using Amidx.

when are you injecting?

For Test Cyp I inject at 7:00 AM intramuscular E3D. HCG 7:00 AM EOD

I took my test at 10:30 AM on a day that was Day 2 after Test Cyp and a day inbetween HCG.

isn't it wonderful how much of an 'art' HRT becomes...

just goes to show that there are so many genetic/personal variations out there that it is no wonder doctors don't have a clue how to successfully treat patients.

I'm at a loss on what to do next.