Nocturnal Whey

Hello forum!

If Im wake up in the middle of the night, and I drink one scoop of Whey with cold water, can affect my cutting phase?

Yours sincerely

No, on the contrary, it will ward off catabolism. Casein whey is better than isolate because its slower. I like cottage cheese. cheers.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
No, on the contrary, it will ward off catabolism. Casein whey is better than isolate because its slower. I like cottage cheese. cheers. [/quote]

I think you are mixing words here; casein is NOT whey. They are 2 different proteins in milk. Casein will ward off catabolism via it’s slow digestion and steady stream of aminos you will get. Whey is for a nice big infusion of aminos that soon dies down after a short while. It is best used just prior to, during, and right after hard training.

Whey can be very insulinogenic; i.e. it can raise insulin just like carbos. For fat loss, I am of the opinion that whey is not a good protein to use late at night.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:
No, on the contrary, it will ward off catabolism. Casein whey is better than isolate because its slower. I like cottage cheese. cheers.

I think you are mixing words here; casein is NOT whey. They are 2 different proteins in milk. Casein will ward off catabolism via it’s slow digestion and steady stream of aminos you will get. Whey is for a nice big infusion of aminos that soon dies down after a short while. It is best used just prior to, during, and right after hard training.

Whey can be very insulinogenic; i.e. it can raise insulin just like carbos. For fat loss, I am of the opinion that whey is not a good protein to use late at night.[/quote]

I mean casein protein. Sorry :wink:

Yes, whey can be insulinogenic, which is why I suggested casein. BTW, Barr says that whey at night is actually fine for people who are training hard because their increased insulin sensitivity, etc. And, anyway, nocturnal whey is no doubt better than nothing.

In short yes it could effect your cut it is intake its calories. It could be a positive if you are still below what you burned that dayu and will help keep metabolism high and from going catabolic at night or it could push you over the edge to not losing

Phill

I thought all intake during the night was bad, period.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
I thought all intake during the night was bad, period.[/quote]

Hell no a life saver. I get a shake 2-3 times a night right now trying to add mass. also one could use it cutting as well if they cut back on other meals and had a shake at night to make sure they werent in a fasted state to long

Phill

No. No whey at night or nocturnally when cutting. Bulking yes (with casein). Maintenance or cutting, no.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:

Yes, whey can be insulinogenic, which is why I suggested casein. BTW, Barr says that whey at night is actually fine for people who are training hard because their increased insulin sensitivity, etc. And, anyway, nocturnal whey is no doubt better than nothing. [/quote]

Not so. Here’s a good (referenced) Barrticle about it: http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459879&cr=

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
I thought all intake during the night was bad, period.[/quote]