T Nation

Nocturnal Urination

So,

Lately I’ve been getting up to piss 4-5 times a night. In my brief research, this may or may not be cause for concern; most articles discuss it in terms of the obese and the elderly and I am neither.

As an 19 year old male with no known health problems, any reason to worry/see doc? Also, is there any easy way to make it stop?

I’ve cut down on my fluids the hour(s) before I go to bed but it doesn’t seem to help.

Any advice?

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
So,

Lately I’ve been getting up to piss 4-5 times a night. In my brief research, this may or may not be cause for concern; most articles discuss it in terms of the obese and the elderly and I am neither.

As an 19 year old male with no known health problems, any reason to worry/see doc? Also, is there any easy way to make it stop?

I’ve cut down on my fluids the hour(s) before I go to bed but it doesn’t seem to help.

Any advice?[/quote]

Creatine.

Low carbing at night, which most people should be doing in one way or another. Will cause your body to toss out most of its liquids. So that could be it.

Or you have prostate problems, and you need to get your anus checked RIGHT AWAY.

Go to mayoclinic.com and look up urinary incontinence. I am not saying you have this, but it talks about symptoms that could be affecting this. Such as prostate, impacted stool, bladder, etc.

As Roy said my thoughts were prostate, but you’re kinda young for prostate problems. Usually, when mine flares I have that same problem. If thats the case 30 days of antibiotics should make you all better!

Do you drink alot of coffee or tea?

Fluids are a good suspect and the same goes for the low-carbing mentioned earlier…

Otherwise, thats unusual and cause for concern if all the rest of that is under control.

Get your prostate checked.

Are you messing with your hormones or are you natural?

19 is pretty young to have that problem. When I was that age I could drink a ton, sleep through the night and then piss like Austin Powers in the morning.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

19 is pretty young to have that problem. When I was that age I could drink a ton, sleep through the night and then piss like Austin Powers in the morning.[/quote]

I’m natural, never taken anything that would alter my hormones.

At best this is a combination of being a very light sleeper and having a small bladder.

However, I am concerned by everyone telling me to get my prostate checked. I am vaguely aware of the methodology associated with that… Is it really a possibility for me at 19?

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
Do you drink alot of coffee or tea?

Fluids are a good suspect and the same goes for the low-carbing mentioned earlier…

Otherwise, thats unusual and cause for concern if all the rest of that is under control.[/quote]

I don’t drink coffee or tea. I do drink a ton of fluids in general… I don’t really keep track but I’m pretty much constantly drinking water throughout the day.

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
I am vaguely aware of the methodology associated with that…[/quote]

Just be glad they don’t have to cut any new holes.

My wife had a high school friend who died of ovarian cancer at 23. Because they found it too late. Is it likely? No. Possible? Damn right. Be safe, see a doctor.

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

19 is pretty young to have that problem. When I was that age I could drink a ton, sleep through the night and then piss like Austin Powers in the morning.

At best this is a combination of being a very light sleeper and having a small bladder.

However, I am concerned by everyone telling me to get my prostate checked. I am vaguely aware of the methodology associated with that… Is it really a possibility for me at 19?[/quote]

You never know but it is pretty damn unlikely, especially since you are natural. The test sucks but it is over soon. And you will be getting them regurlaly when you are older.

Is your urine stream strong?

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
I don’t drink coffee or tea. I do drink a ton of fluids in general… I don’t really keep track but I’m pretty much constantly drinking water throughout the day.[/quote]

Are you taking creatine or anything with creatine in it?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
jedidiah wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

However, I am concerned by everyone telling me to get my prostate checked. I am vaguely aware of the methodology associated with that… Is it really a possibility for me at 19?

You never know but it is pretty damn unlikely, especially since you are natural. The test sucks but it is over soon. And you will be getting them regurlaly when you are older.

Is your urine stream strong? [/quote]

It’s a strong stream/a full piss each time.

[quote]PGA wrote:
jedidiah wrote:
I don’t drink coffee or tea. I do drink a ton of fluids in general… I don’t really keep track but I’m pretty much constantly drinking water throughout the day.

Are you taking creatine or anything with creatine in it?[/quote]

Nope, just whey and food.

[quote]jedidiah wrote:
It’s a strong stream/a full piss each time. [/quote]

Doesn’t sound like an enlarged prostate to me but I am no doctor.

if you drink a lot of fluids quite likely you might just need to wait longer between your last drink and sleep.

I had the same problem so now take 3 hours, and i don’t have to get up any more. Experiment, you might even need longerthan that

Your urine sleeps during the day???

Is there any soreness when you piss?

Im currently taking antibiotics for an e-coli UTI. I have to piss every night at least once and sometimes twice. Normally i dont have to at all. During the day i piss like crazy.

Mine’s caused by a lump that is causing a blockage in my piss pipe. Im getting checked out by a Urologist. The lump was painful during sex, and i believe it was caused by injury during drunken sex as it is going down now.

But you only have the problem during the night?

Anyway, see a doctor asap.

[quote]AdamC wrote:
Is there any soreness when you piss?

Im currently taking antibiotics for an e-coli UTI. I have to piss every night at least once and sometimes twice. Normally i dont have to at all. During the day i piss like crazy.

Mine’s caused by a lump that is causing a blockage in my piss pipe. Im getting checked out by a Urologist. The lump was painful during sex, and i believe it was caused by injury during drunken sex as it is going down now.

But you only have the problem during the night?

Anyway, see a doctor asap.

[/quote]

I’m fairly frequent during the day. I just want to be able to sleep longer in a stretch. A the moment I’m only sleeping like 3 or so hours at a time.

There is no pain or anything otherwise alarming.

[quote]jedidiah wrote:

I’m fairly frequent during the day. I just want to be able to sleep longer in a stretch. A the moment I’m only sleeping like 3 or so hours at a time.

There is no pain or anything otherwise alarming.[/quote]

Let’s see…sleep 3 hours piss, sleep 3 hours piss sleep 3 hours piss sleep 3 hours piss sleep 3 hours piss…that’s 15 hours of sleep…are you hibernating for the winter???