Nocturnal Feedings

I’ve heard about waking up in the middle of the night for a protein shake or a small meal in order to keep the body fed.

I have since adopted this practice of waking up once in the middle of the night in order to take in a shake.

I was wondering if it would be more beneficial or just hinder my progress to wakeup even more times a night to feed.

I’ll have nothing but free time for about a month and a half so I can get 12+ hours of sleep a night.

Any thoughts on this?

If you’ve got all the time in the world to sleep… then go for it.

I would avoid this if you’re trying to cut up though, but you’re not, so go for it!

Pick up some of the new BCAA’s to add to it also.

When I’m bulking this is one of the simplest ways for me to add in a couple extra hundred calories.

Yea man, I’d say just get the extra sleep.

Out of most of the huge guys I’ve ever met very few found the need to do this. It could help (possibly) but it’s far from necessary.

-MAtt

You could solve that problem easy by taking a sustained release protein right before you went to sleep…a casien that would take longer to digest. That would mean you wouldnt need to get up in the middle of the night, you would get all your sleep, and still see the benifits of late night protien.

[quote]Phoenix1911 wrote:
You could solve that problem easy by taking a sustained release protein right before you went to sleep…a casien that would take longer to digest. That would mean you wouldnt need to get up in the middle of the night, you would get all your sleep, and still see the benifits of late night protien.[/quote]

I already take a milk/casien/fatty shake before bed.

But I figure I might try taking advantage of the empty stomach I have during sleep.

I’m going to try it for a few days.

I’ll let you all know how it goes.

I think it would lose it’s benefits if you wake up “by force” several times at night.
If you wake up 2-3 times at night to go to the bathroom, than ok.

[quote]kova wrote:
I think it would lose it’s benefits if you wake up “by force” several times at night.
If you wake up 2-3 times at night to go to the bathroom, than ok.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree. Someone also mentioned cutting before. While I think most people would get all the calories they need during the day when cutting, popping some BCAAs when waking up to go to the bathroom would still probably be a good thing while cutting.