NO Xplode or Nano X9?

I need a good pre-workout boost for better performance. I guess i’m leaning towards either NO Xplode, or Nano x9, but i’m still in the middle of doing my research. I was just wondering what the T-Nation people think about both of these supplements? I’m 20 years old and I currently take:

Whey
Fish oil
Creatine

Also any other supplements that have been super effective, please feel free, as i’m open.

Thanks alot

Well If you really need a pre workout boost I’ve used NO Explode before and found it ok butI was uping my dose too often to see the same results I was using 3 scoops by the 4th moth so now I just drink lots off coffee If I were you id just by some Spike!

Most people here think NO supps are worthless. The science isn’t in their favor, and most of the “rush” people talk about is due the high amounts of caffeine typically added to the product.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459691

Long story short, it’s crap. Save your money.

Btw, what happened to just being psyched to go to the gym? Why the need for a pre-workout boost? Usually I’m bouncing off the walls with excitement that I get to lift.

they both suck ass.

If you need a boost, try Spike

i second what jehovas says man

instead of paying out the ass for those two product, give me the money and i’ll slap you in the face before each set.

lol, not to be a dick…sorry; but both of those COMPANIES (not jsut the individual products) are crap.

Spike is SUPER cheap (pills) and outstanding. free shipping too!

Recently I’ve been given some tubs of superpump250, NO-explode and other various samples of NO products. This is the first I have tried these and they do come with some side effects. A lot of people experience the craps, a nice way of putting it I guess. It doesn’t bother me because I work out alone at home, however if I were working at a public gym I would not take these things. I would be known as the guy who empties the bathroom real quick.

As far the products go, I kind of like them. They definately get you pumped up to lift, especially on days when you may be drained. Most of them have caffeine in them and a shitload of other proprietary blends of vitamins and other brain stims like vinpocetine.

Obviously it may not be best to take these for long periods of time beacause they are pretty good stimulants and for free, can’t complain about my stash. They definately get me ready to lift more than any Spike product, but it depends on if you can handle the side effects, nasty gas and taking the Browns to the Superbowl during workout. However, I consistently have more energy all through the workout and can go longer.

Most arginine products are crap, because they open your blood vessels for a good 15 minutes, but then some of the other ingredients in the products close your vessels more then they were before the arginine boost… this is obviously bad for everything in your body. The only way arginine will help you is if you take it through an IV hahaha

I just found out that it takes 210mg of caffeine to enhance athletic performance.

Red Bull has 70.
Spike has 300.
All those NO-Booster products defiantly don’t
have more than spike.

Without getting too detailed, the whole “N.O . Booster” thing doesn’t work that well unless you’re getting prescription N.O. in the form of some heart pills or all boner pills.

The only reason people do feel an effect with N.O. boosters is because they’re chock full of caffeine. Not enough caffeine to make you lift more, but enough to make you think it’s working. Couple that with the placebo effect of spending $50 on a product and you’ve got a bunch of teenagers thinking that they need to take this shit every time they train because they think it made their bench go up 10 pounds one time.

But Spike will provide enough caffeine to legitimately pump your ass up and make you want to Squat heavy weight. Trust me. I’ve tried N.O. Xplode and I’ve tried Spike. There is no comparison. N.O. Xplode is mostly flash and a little caffeine. Spike is pretty much just raw caffeine. And I think we can all agree that caffeine works.

you’re on the right track with protein, creatine, and fish oil. there is no perfect pre-workout supplement. try something with some B vitamins or caffeine. i’ve found caffeine really helps me in strength training phases … it revs up my nervous system. however, once i’m not sensitive to a pre-workout supplement i throw it out the window and either find something else or don’t use one. working out is the best part of the day so its not vital you have one if you get hyped for your workouts.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Most people here think NO supps are worthless. The science isn’t in their favor, and most of the “rush” people talk about is due the high amounts of caffeine typically added to the product.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459691

Long story short, it’s crap. Save your money.
[/quote]

I got the same crap when I started this thread…

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2134715

check it out…